Torghast soft timer removed?

Oh ya I have been totally supportive of two different type of gameplay aspects here. I love the idea of having like a real tower. With real hidden rooms, secrets, easter eggs etc. Maybe have a super hidden room that has a real neat weapon transmog. That you gotta do some crazy stuff for. (Not just beat a timer) So many things they could do. Personally it would make it not feel so hollow to me.

Unfortunately you are correct and you probably wouldn’t really be able to pull that off with a “speedrun.”

It’s nice they are trying to listen. I was just curious how the one mechanic would work now. Or if it would be non-existent now. In the slower exploration mode. As it might conflict. Know what I mean?

Either way both ways would work out great. Like I said they got the tools for this already.

Edit: Nvm I dug up a bit more information. It looks like the big guy I was mentioning only shows up after you die so many times. I thought he was there for different reasons. I would’ve probably done something differently with that guy…but still that’s ok.

Good times.

The only people who’ll have an issue here will be the needy people who want to collect everything. That is when it’s a them problem and not the content. No one is going to cater to their every want, need, and play style.

When did collectors suddenly become “needy”? Are they the latest designated scapegoats?

I came to a MMORPG fantasy role playing game. If you want Timers for everything you have every other game on the market for that.

Wanting what they sold me to begin with is not entitled. If someone sold you a ice cream cake without ice cream in it would you be happy if they called you entitled for asking where’s my ice cream?

1 Like

EVERYONE PLEASE READ THIS. So many are uninformed, not your fault but please do read this.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-torghast-tower-of-the-damned/498548/280

2 Likes

Call them what they want, this is a group that feel they NEED everything. Not a scape goat… just a self control issue.

You can just post the red note on the first wowhead post about this matter but yeah, Note: The Bonus Loot portion has been announced to be out of date and can be ignored. from wowhead.

1 Like

That’s why I said they still need adjustments. it’s not perfect but it’s a little better, some tormeant still read like timers but we will have to see what tweaks they make.

1 Like

Originally there were no torments in the floors you needed to actually progress.

Did you read the link?

Torments still exist. Yes. But they no longer scale on the floor you are on the longer you are on the floor. Its now a flat floor effect.

2 Likes

You can take your time. Not sure what you are on about. They never said you can AFK or chill… It’s a tower of the damned, not hello kitty adventures.

Maybe I am missing something. Which torment reads like a timer?

Ok, I wasn’t sure. Everyone was cheering and I opened up that article and I think what the heck has changed, I still see torments which were the soft timer. And the part about the bonus was removed because it wasn’t accurate.

This is great of them! I hope that after some amount of time, they will make Torghast runs cheaper. I think that it would probably get tiring to farm for Torghast all xpac.

What torment do you see that is still a soft timer?

Previously they stacked. Now they dont.

How is it a timer? Its a flat debuff amount for the duration of being on the floor.

The hp ticking one or the one that spawns adds on you as long as you arent in combat.

2 Likes

Well see… I guess they just made torments a flat one… not ramping with time you spend on the floor, feels fine to me. I just hope it’s not more of the annoying mechanics they like to do.

Good. It was a waste of development. And not because it was a “soft” timer. It was just a stupid mechanic regardless that defeated the point of the rest of Torghast.

They would have gotten it wrong, they would have wasted time on it. This is good, I hope Blizzard does this for more systems in the future.

1 Like

LOL. Testers had stopped playing.

But you, of course, only play videogames for the noblest of reasons, and you purposely avoid all content that gives rewards lest you be tainted by said neediness.

A scapegoat exactly. Learn some self-control yourself. Maybe step back and ask yourself why you need to blame people who play a videogame only slightly different than you do. Does it ruin your fun having to play the game with people who enjoy the rewards they have earned?

You’ve collected quite a few things yourself…

2 Likes

I dont care for the record, but people feel its a timer cause their character is being affected so they cant be truly afk or something.