Torghast soft timer removed?

That sounds great imo!
Adding bonus for speed completions instead.

It means they are listening!

39 Likes

THANK THE GODS. Dude I was so upset after hearing about the pseudo timer constraints :slight_smile: This is the best news all week honestly.

13 Likes

I hope folks don’t spin this as a bad thing. Torghast’s original difficulty curve was just super weird in that the earlier floors were exponentially harder than the later floors.

These are incredibly good changes and I’m very happy about them. Blizzard really and truly does seem to want Torghast to be amazing.

4 Likes

Inb4 some1 comes complaining that they shouldnt reward people for rushing and people going at a snail pace should get same rewards kekw.

18 Likes

I wasn’t terribly bothered by how it was before, but hey, this is great news nevertheless.

Until people start complaining that the bonus rewards are too good and they are forced to speed run because of them -_-

2 Likes

It will happen, there will always be that guy saying “oooohhh blizz now im mentally forced to rush through content, this is not a good change! waaaa waaaaa”.

5 Likes

I am a casual player through and through so this is the best news for ME haha. I understand why people might have been fine with the pseudo timer - but after visions, mythic +, etc. I, and I’m aware many, are just soooo tired of being timed with everything. I just want to play at a pace that my computer can handle and reap some form of benefit that will allow me to progress at any speed.

5 Likes

Welcome to the Wowhead comment section, where that’s exactly what’s happening as we speak.

I’m in the camp that wasn’t bothered with the timers since they were only on floors that weren’t required for power progression. However, this looks like a good change overall.

Yep! I’m just hoping now that the keys aren’t gated behind some boring activity.

Just like Vessels when they were obtainable just with coalescing visions.

2 Likes

I’m glad they listened but the Soulforge heat, Eye of Skoldus and fracturing forces are still there and still demand that you MOVE and remain in combat.

They basicly nerfed the ones that where ok and kept it the crack of the whip every 30 seconds.

This is NOT a fix. It’s just built to look like one.

Well you’re not entering Torghast to go afk are you?

They should remove all the torments that wont let him go prepare dinner and eat while inside thorgast, otherwise its trash content ofc.

1 Like

But what topic will the forums complain about this time?

1 Like

NO, but if I have to I want to know that I can.

Besides if they are adding extra rewards for fast completion why do they have to still worry about the 1% waiting on cooldowns?

I want to know that If I get a long phone call or have to stop my cat from doing something that I won’t come back to a dead char because some 30 second add’s spawned and killed me.

1 Like

The devs are definitely brain storming and listening to find a way to make this work. GD and people will always just complain but I’m kinda OK with this change now.

isn’t that still a timer :thinking:? also, doesn’t this change make it even more of a M+ / IE mash up? i guess the M+ crowd will be happy. the current develop team look like a one trick pony, and that one trick is extremely old.

3 Likes

More like now demanding the same rewards as speed runners now

I now expect them to give better rewards for speed runners

I wouldn’t worry. If there isn’t something readily available the forums will just make something up to focus on.

1 Like

I am ok with everything they changed, In fact I love it. I am NOT happy with what they didn’t touch.
They did not touch the thing’s that punish you for getting interrupted by life.