Torghast needs to chill

this is too much dude i had 17 anima powers, 16 stacks of health from mawrats and 16 stacks of stat increase from freeing souls, every rune you can get from breaking pots, popped every single cooldown i have multiple times and still couldnt clear the final floor of the third encounter in the upper spire… this is insanely hard and needs a tune desperately because this is not reasonable for a solo player to do, forgive me for not being in the 1% skill bracket but jesus christ guys this is unnecessary

13 Likes

Why are you focusing so hard on defense? I killed him as a tank in less than 30s. The Stam is bait, if you want defense, go with stats. Don’t pick up anything that won’t help you take out the last boss if you’re having this much trouble.

1 Like

prot paladin is busted bro.

OP which boss are you talking about? The one thats like a head that floats around?

im not focusing defense the dude has over 300k health i kinda need everything i can get and mawrats die anyways so when i dont benefit from anything else im gonna pick that lol i also dont do 10k dps so im not killing him in 30 secs

3 Likes

Prot paladin has one of the weakest ST dps in game. Literally take every hammer of wrath skill I can or put it all into divine toll.

Why not? After 20+ power ups you’re still wet noodling? My buddy turned a boss into a chair at 97%. If you’re getting bad RNG by floor 3, start over. It’s significantly better than failing on floor 6.

1 Like

Yea I breeze through the levels… but these bosses are just insane. They either get a buff the longer the fight gets and you can’t force it to fall off through CC, I have the 2% regen with 15% health increase… 17 remnants and a bunch of stat increases along with proc damage… I can’t survive this Synod moron, crimson vile and my cds just aren’t enough to survive this solo… I literally have to find a group or get friends to help… Torghast needs a chill pill for solo play…

9 Likes

I spent so much time in there last night. Even with all my defensive cooldowns being blown certain packs and bosses will kill you from just melee damage. I don’t know what Blizzard was thinking.

4 Likes

That’s because blizzard really doesn’t think… sure it’s a nice concept but they aren’t understanding their own scaling… the bosses are almost untouchable if you
A) don’t have baller RNG
B) a class that has strong heals
C) aren’t already ilvl 170+ to do some of this stuff

5 Likes

Yeah lesson learned. I’ll try coming back with more gear. And if that doesn’t work I’m playing as protection…

because the boss melees for huge chunks of my hp and i have to spam death strike to stay alive… not sure why you think i dont know how to play wow but literally everyone else in the thread seems to have the same problem so /shrug rng it is

4 Likes

That’s a bandwagon defense. I had a run with nearly all defensive and garbage traits and it was rough as all hell. Then I had a run where every option included 1 for hammer of wrath or judgment and I annihilated it.

Either it’s over tuned (it isn’t) or your gear isn’t good enough (probably) or you just aren’t playing well (possible). It’s also likely you got dunked on for good abilities (which I also covered).

I’d rather stay away from a e-peen competition, but you’ve far from exhausted your possible couterplay.

2 Likes

It couldn’t be because prot pally is REALLY good atm, tons of heals, utility and damage? Some classes excel over others in Torghast atm… it isn’t overtuned? That’s your opinion.

9 Likes

These are the same people who will call 15s over tuned when they inevitably fail to meet the challenge. Prot paladin still has lower single target dps than most healers and if I don’t kill it in 1m they get a buff that my interrupts are useless. You can try to discredit me or you can spend that energy figuring out how to get your weekly done.

1 Like

I don’t have to try and discredit you… you have an opinion and others have theirs, but at the end of the day, certain classes excel among others in Torghast whether you want to agree with that or not. Any class with decent damage and healing will do better than classes without a consistent ability to heal. A prot pally don’t have to do insane damage when they have heals and good RNG anima powers… you have a consistent ability to heal plus procs off the anima stuff. You’re getting all high and mighty like you’re some god-tier player, invalidating their struggle in Torghast… dismissing it as “them” and not the balance, when it’s not just them.

13 Likes

This is a dps issue not a tank issue nor is it a “git gud” or comparing it to m+ is laughable.

Sure when people out gear a tower 3 they mow it down before it matters, but that’s not the case here.

Comparing yourself as a tank to the dps specs having issues is laughable…

1 Like

Defensive powers are a trap. You want damage and you want lots of it.

1 Like

I don’t like the current state of Torghast. I get a whole bunch of crappy useless Anima powers and have to kill everything with just my character.

Sure, I can beat the 3rd layer easy, even without taking any anima powers as a prot pally, but I want to actually enjoy Torghast. Beta showed some super awesome roguelike scenario where you can get stacks on stacks of anima powers, but here, you ain’t got crap.

And scaling is wack. I can solo easy peasy. Duo with my brother, die a horrible and painful death (on layer 3). Especially when basically all the anima powers are worthless. I shouldn’t be taking greys over purples and blues. Somethings wrong with this picture.

Edit: I get way worse anime powers when I am with another player.

2 Likes

So I cleared a level 3 first try today…the only catch was that I was paired with a druid and finally got some good powers. Boss managed to kill me at the end but he died anyways. I dunno Blizzard, you might want to make some adjustments to this…

3 Likes

False, the delicate among us fabricate this. I literally said that it’s probably RNG screwing them or at the very least they are falling into the bait that is stam/mawrats and aoe. I was screwed by powers in 1 of my runs and it was absolutely miserable. Everything got the “you’re taking too long” buff and I had to fight 2 enemies with protected fears. I can only assume that this is what’s going on because it’s certainly not over-tuned.

They should go get more gear. Pretending that it’s supposed to be a breeze is a big assumption. Visions were the exact same thing. They were mechanic heavy and some people just couldn’t do it. Gear solved it then, and it will solve it now as well. (And better RNG)

2 Likes

Get some gear and if you don’t get any useful anima powers by level 2, just leave and restart it. Save yourself some pain.