Torghast needs to chill

Sure all the bosses are hard, and you need to work to get it. I wouldn’t want it any other way.

Some of the bosses are overtuned, some are not. As a tank you can offset a lot of that since you don’t have to take the big hits and can mitigate.

So for you to come in here and compare what you are doing as a tank to any dps is kind of silly…

1 Like

Was it also silly that I was 160 before going in and they’re doing it at 151? Because regardless of whether I have an advantage, people who have less than heroic gear aren’t arbiters of something being over tuned. That seems to be the missing piece here.

The people of the forums just see a paladin and instantly dismiss everything they say. Even if it was genuine advice. How many mawrats have you see near floor 6? There aren’t any. I left a run yesterday because both the starter abilities were run speed. RNG plays a huge role in this. It’s also not a bad assumption that on week 1, there will be people who take the bait.

Some people can never look inward for their struggles and always try to explain away failure through externals. (which is why I brought up m+). Not every player will get layer 3 done. I’ve done it on 2 characters. Instead of pulling up the rug, I covered down on the idea that this game mode can leave you ill prepared for the last boss and my being a prot paladin had nothing to do with it.

3 Likes

You are preaching bro :slight_smile:

I 100 support your thoughts except in this case it has nothing to do with the current issue. It almost seems like you just want to talk about your view and “generally speaking” how people are in WOW when things are hard.

Tank, overtuned bosses.

It will be OK :slight_smile:

1 Like

they’re 100% right though. the forums are full of people who assume they’re doing everything perfectly, so if they fail at X content it must be a bug or a tuning issue or the developers personally hate them or…

people who do well at this game generally have one thing in common: they don’t do that.

1 Like

my guy wants to push the git gud narrative so hard he cant even acknowledge hes been talking about pally abilities making the difference the whole time lol
heres my thing though, if im carrying the meter in runs and youre admitting you have to leave torghast regularly because of rng then where am i wrong? and as other people have pointed out dps is a clear issue ill repeat the fact that i am aware and that is part of why i made this post, because as a death knight i have to spam death strike to stay alive and thats one of if not the least damaging ability on my bars… im sacrificing damage to stay alive and still dying in the end because the dps check is too gnarly either way…

I did it solo as arms warrior. You need to stop preaching to blizzard

it depends on the boss you get, some are nigh impossible as solo melee dps (cromwell, synod), others are a cakewalk. So if you did it as solo melee dps, and didnt get one of those 2 bosses, that is probably why you think its a “git gud” issue, when those 2 bosses are way WAAY overtuned for dps.

i destroyed synod on this character. i don’t think i dropped below 80% health.

edited first line as i forgot to stress melee dps. Though i am curious what strat you used even as ranged dps in case i ever run it with an alt lol.

I have been successful at doing the rank 3 stuff so the opinion isn’t from someone who is “failing” it’s from a logical “see where they are coming from perspective”…

The game is fun when stuff is challenging but not when it’s silly :slight_smile:

2 Likes

oh for sure, and i wasn’t singling you or anybody else out. there are a lot of threads about this on multiple forums and my response was meant to be more general.

Felrond, i honestly don’t remember doing anything special. i burst him down as fast as possible, healed myself once or twice, and he died. it only took one attempt so i didn’t really do any thinking about strategy. sorry i can’t be more helpful!

Good for you.

Honestly it really does come down to how impactful the RNG powers you get, and if your class is even good at doing it solo. Layer 3 was insanely easy when I grouped up with another DPS. Before then I had to skip packs that had two elites in them because I would not survive. Don’t listen to all these ‘git gud’ people. I expect nerfs.

Edit: For instance I got a power in my last run that gave me a chance of also activating my 3 minute defensive cd whenever I used my 10 second one. It was the first time I got this power and it was a huge difference in staying alive.

3 Likes

Maybe they need to balance the different specs in torghast, especially tank and dps.

Im on my veng dh and just blowing through everything with ease i dont even need the anima powers they just make things insanely easier. Veng can get a power to increase you infernal strike leap damage by 400% (like 4.5k damage instantly) and i can buy an item to remove the cd on infernal strike entirely for 1.5 mins!!! I can leap through all the floors 2-3 hitting mobs then i get to the final boss and melt him in 10 seconds spamming infernal strike. Add the natural tankiness and self heals of vengeance and i feel like im cheating to be honest

yeah dude im literally trying to clear level two right now as unholy and getting completely destroyed by the final boss i actually cant believe this went live i dont understand… like i literally cant get any more soul ash because this content is unbeatable on this character… sooooo much time down the drain

Go blood. Tank spec is way easier. Also get better gear that will help you

Torghast doesn’t scale with your gear, it just is. Yes, you can get crap RNG and have terrible anima powers. Like Sack said, if you’re on floor 3 and have terrible powers just bail. Otherwise, take a look at your gear. Layer 3 isn’t supposed to be a cakewalk in Normal dungeon gear. Gear up a little bit before you try to push this stuff. Yes, some classes have it easier than others… but I’ve seen every class so far solo a Layer 3 with good gear on.

Unless you want Blizzard to turn this into a freebie thing you have to run and in three weeks, can complain how easy the Layers are.

1 Like

Yea Torghast is a little crazy right now, no matter if you try and Solo Lvl 3 or group up. Like I get not wanting to make it too easy but jesus. I can’t even begin to imagine how Lvl 4 will be let alone lvl 8 >.<

omg today is worst than last week
Maw of the Maw in Mort’regar is insanely difficult… for absolutely no reason.

edit: i dont like how my best legendary is tied to this week, and the floors rotate… so if i dont get it this week in my normal dungeon gear i have to wait 4 more weeks for it to come back

1 Like

can’t wait for the layer 6 QQ next week.

3 Likes