Torghast Leaderboards?

Same. I’d imagine it would be similar to Diablo 2. Ranks and points.

They said there are no plans for leaderboards.

This is incorrect.

Of course, Kubit and the team understand that for all the players interested in jumping in to get a single Legendary, there are dozens more that will want to grind Torghast as hard as humanly possible. Kubit told us these players will have ways to showcase how many floors they’ve completed and brag about how good they’ve gotten at the new mode. “There are no current plans for a [Torghast] leaderboard,” said Kubit. “But you better bet that that’s one those things that’s on our list of cool potential things in the future.”

Edit: Actually, it is kind of correct. Yet kind of not. No current plans but will be in the future.

No current plans usually means it won’t get done because they have a ton of stuff to do first. I would not hold my breath if I were you.

I’d say it means it won’t be available at launch, but will come some time after. They have done it with other games and in WoW. PvP Honor system and battlegrounds took a while, but they came. I don’t think Diablo 2 had fully functioning leaderboards at launch either.

It definitely sounds like it’s something they’d be interested in doing, which is more than the usual “no”.

Playerbase would be crying about something else anyways. Lets not pretend we have a “strong solid foundation of support” on the forums. Too much sensitivity in people here.

1 Like

I temper my expectations quite a bit on these things. There have been proposed expac features listed as major ones that never made it in. Something people want tacked on might take a long while or never make it.

Either way it’s not a big deal. It’s a ranking system with points.

Seasonal rewards. Pvp already has them. I’d just rather see them implement them on content that comes back expac to expac as opposed to content that won’t be a thing after shadowlands.

It is not, and I’m not saying it is. I just realize with time crunch and all that still needs added that I wouldn’t expect it.

Ranked by class so you don’t have the class unbalances?

Wow. They’re going to provide prestige achievements and a shower of free stuff to “dozens” of players? I hope you made up the “dozens” part, because crafting a program that is a disincentive to millions to benefit a handful of players sounds like very bad design.

I didn’t make up anything. It’s a direct quote from the link. And it’s obviously not meant to be taken as literally dozens.

Make timed clear leaderboards, based on highest floor and clear time. Divide this for solo (overall), solo (per class), and group. Post them publicly.

For in game rewards, you get a title. You lose the title if you lose your leaderboard position. Like MoP and WoD CMs. That should be it. You already get cosmetic rewards by pushing the content, let the leaderboards be purely bragging rights.

1 Like

If he actually said “dozens”, they it can and should be taken literally.

No it shouldn’t. And it is implying that more people would want it. It’s a phrase. You think they are going to make a system for dozens of people? Really?

Please no boards, it will just create more and more elitist drama.

Some games use leaderboards to sniff out obvious hackers. :woman_shrugging:

I don’t see any problem with it. There’s leaderboards for a lot of online games. Even the word games I jam with on the phone have them. People that put in a lot of time and advance the furthest should get some kind of recognition. As with all things.

Not that I ever expect to be on one. :rofl:

Very true well said!