Torghast Leaderboards?

Instead of torments, why not add leaderboards with rewards on a weekly/seasonal basis. You could add gold, Xmog, pets for weekly and Mounts, Title’s, big gold and exclusive xmog for seasonal rewards. You could do it on a server by server basis. Let us sort by guild, friends and compare as well

4 Likes

That would be the dumbest thing they could do. Then it would be exploited which classes can face roll through torghast and then blizzard has to deal with constant crying from players. That is just an unessasary way to dump more stress and work on their schedules.

11 Likes

Can we not?

Can we just let some aspect of this game not be a competitive endeavor?

Every time it gets competitive people go out of their way to cheat and exploit and then Blizzard has to balance fun out.

9 Likes

I mean they are already working on taking the fun out, why not reward us for it

1 Like

That would cause more problem then a solution with elites on casuals.

Because there is already plenty of competitive aspects to the game.

I have grown tired of man children beating their chests about how they are amazing at video games and their insistence on telling me about it.

3 Likes

Thats going to be the case regardless, you wouldn’t have to participate. You could choose not to try and speed run. The fact is Blizz wants to force us into rigid structures of game play. They want us to speed run through this content. Im suggesting a reward for something they clearly want to force us into. Competition is human nature

I am not really arguing with you. I would just prefer not to have leaderboards for this content for the reasons I have stated.

We don’t agree with each other and that’s okay.

4 Likes

I agree, we wont see eye to eye. But I do appreciate your thoughts, thank you

2 Likes

It’s not. Some people are inherently competitive, and some are not.

This would just give all rewards to the people who are going to do it anyway, and no incentive to those who need one to push themselves. Those people know there is nothing they can do to get a position on a leaderboard. It would have the opposite effect, ie, why even bother?

Be better then

Personally, I know im not good enough to be remotely near the top or even middle of say a 500 person leaderboard, but I enjoy pushing myself and growing my skill as a player. Not everyone is like that and thats ok. It wouldn’t be a requirement, those that want to try can and those that dont want to bother dont have to

It isn’t about getting better.

It is about try hards who validate themselves with meaningless accomplishments and can’t be happy just keeping it to themselves.

You’re insecure, I get it.

3 Likes

They’re not looking for “meaningless accomplishments”. They want more free stuff.

I don’t think that is true in all scenarios.

Some people are genuinely chasing accomplishments for their own satisfaction.

Competitive play is mostly filled with ordinary people just trying to have fun while enjoying a little friendly competition amongst peers.

Yet, competitive play also attracts “those guys” and they aren’t fun to play with and they ruin every activity they touch and never go down alone.

3 Likes

They haven’t even done that for m+. I’d rather see them do it for long term content instead of an expac only system.

But these aren’t that kind of accomplishment.

If all the prestige and awards are earmarked for the tiny percentage at the top, they will be seen as a giveaway to top elite players and serve as a disincentive for most players, who quite rightfully see themselves as having no chance of getting that achievement.

How do you envision this? A lifetime leaderboard?

The Prestige system during Legion was introduced to us as a lifetime achievement sort of award system. A single character had to earn so much honor that (by the time the last of the rewards were announced for level 500) few single characters could have done it. We were told we weren’t supposed to be actually working toward it, that we should earn it “organically”. By doing PvP around the clock.

Toward the end of Legion they converted it to an account-wide achievement after they realized that it was not serving as an incentive to anyone. Seriously, a pet collector had to reach honor level 400 to get a pet?

And now, a few more people have achieved it by no-lifing pvp. And it serves as an incentive for no one again. To those who have it it provides zero incentive to continue. And to those who don’t have it it is so far off that they look and say why bother?

You’re talking 3 groups here.

1. People who will be getting all the rewards despite the fact they were going to be doing this anyway. It will not serve as an incentive for them.

2. People who imagine themselves as candidates for this achievement. They will soon realize they have no chance and become disillusioned.

3. People who realize right from the start that the only purpose of the program is to funnel resources to players who already are on the top. This will never serve as any sort of incentive to these players, and they are the vast majority. They will cynically view the program as just another elite set aside. It will not serve as an incentive to them in any way.

1 Like

They said leaderboards are something they are considering but it wouldn’t be available at launch of the expansion. It might just be for scores, who knows.

Okay I see what you mean.

I don’t think Blizzard has hashed out what rewards they want attached to the tower quite yet.

From what I have read from testers and the devs themselves so far, I don’t think they intend to add many rewards past levels that most players won’t be able to acquire.

I could see nerd points being attached to really high levels but probably not much else. I could even see a mount and honestly I am okay with that.

I don’t see that as a problem, not everyone can win, even now there are achievements with rewards that not everyone can obtain.