Torgast- Is it so hard for players?

Why is torgast so hard for certain players?

2 Likes

Conditioning by Blizzard, generally speaking WoW has never been a hard or challenging game. So adding new content that is supposed to be challenging is a bit of a 180 compared to other content that players are used to.

20 Likes

I never had a problem in torgast cept when i was try’ing to solo it .

2 Likes

Actually this is a great answer.
I totally agree. People are used to everything being easy, so anything remotely difficult upsets them, I feel.

Torghast has been nerfed substantially, many many times now though.
It should not be hard for anyone at this point, and if it is, you can easily out gear it.

For reference I actually took a warrior with no specialization at 145 ilvl into Twisting Cooridors layer 1 and got all the way to the last boss. The only reason I failed was because I played super bad and got hit by a bunch of stuff that just one shot me.

if I could do that, no one should think they can’t do standard torghast with the full slew of player power that shadowlands presents.

13 Likes

random buff that may hurt you if you go damage because you need defense or the other way around.

explosive rats when boss room doesn’t have rats running around. rats buff my pet. jars give you a shield but to jars in the boss room.

my favorite buff my weapon on my next weapon swing oh wait my crossbow isn’t melee.

9 Likes

that is the key in torgast the power that you recieve after you kill certain npcs in there plus what you can buy from the vendor in torgast

Is level 1 Twisting Corridors more challenging than level 8 regular Torghast? Ty for anybody who knows or has an informed opinion about it.

It was marketed as solo content, and as the main flagship of the expansion pretty much. Then they completely absolutely gutted it.

Its supposed to be solo content

19 Likes

No it isn’t, but the difficult start raising as you progress through the floors.

Layer 8 of Twisting corridors is definitely harder than regular layer 8 when you reach upper floors like 7+.

2 Likes

I think people just don’t know what’s good or not. Like the ones the other hunter listed off, you should NEVER take those, but people do. I was once talking about the maw beasts or whatever they were called with someone in chat and a guy chimed in talking about how the exploding rats were good. I didn’t say anything to him but was like, “this guy’s freaking stupid”.

6 Likes

Blizzard conditions to players that do not want a challenge .

We’re supposed to be able to solo it though, they specifically said this. Then they changed it to make it harder to solo for many and near impossible for others. You have to have the right class, raid gear, and get lucky with the RNG abilities inside. If not, too bad so sad. That’s messed up.

18 Likes

Certain specs have a much harder time with some wings/bosses, and anyone can get screwed with poor rng on powers.

17 Likes

Unfortunately Layer 7 and 8 are absolute Nightmares for classes without self heals. Mage is completely reliant on being Fire, getting that one anima power that decreases CD while you have Alter Time active, the one that increases the time you can stay in Alter Time and Flying Fire Blast to be able to deal with certain bosses, especially the crossbow gatekeepers that can’t be interrupted and last boss.

Basically if you don’t get those anima powers early on during the run you can just quit and queue for a group run because that way it’s guaranteed and not a complete waste of time.

6 Likes

i can disagree with you on layer 7 i just did layer 7 with a group i put together and we cleared it.

I was talking about solo mage Layer 7 and 8. My point is that playing in groups is a guaranteed victory.

4 Likes

And just to be clear, that was … fun?

10 Likes

try building you shields and versa and crit better

WoW has always had challenging content, casuals just choose to ignore it.

1 Like

Well, considering I got 40% Crit on my full DPS gear and 38% on my Triune gear and versatility being highly irrelevant in a content like Torghast, the only option left is relying on luck to get either the 70% barrier increase Anima Power or an extra Triune Ward Anima Power, which goes back to my first point of “On Layer 7 and 8 of Torghast, for classes without self heals you are completely reliant on Anima Powers.”

3 Likes