Top tier Naaru vs old gods

Are the top tier Naaru like A’dal and Xe’ra as powerful with their Light powers, as the old gods are with their void powers?

Illidan claimed A’dal could level mountains, and A’dal single handedly was preventing the Legion from attacking Shattrath.

1 Like

The Naaru are best when attacking from giant mountainous crystals that serve as fortresses due to being Glass Cannons.

The Old Gods have a benefit due to their size.

2 Likes

Hard to say. Old gods have been shown as ultra uber giga antagonists in the story, requiring raids to kill, whereas naaru have just kind of been there giving out quests. Bundled with the fact that Illidan 1 shot Xe’ra… it makes it seem like they’re pretty nooby in comparison.

It also depends on whether you consider naaru to be on the same ‘level’ as old gods - that is, old gods are the creation of the void lords, which would have the naaru as creations of the theorised ‘light lords’ (I find this to be unlikely; naaru are likely light equivalents of void lords).

You then have to consider the fact that when battling an old god, they will have lots of forces to aid him. What could a naaru generate or bring with them to match this? The army of the light? Basically, I think that naaru pale by large orders of magnitudes.

1 Like

Naaru are not equivalent to void lords. Elune is the equivalent to void lords, since Khadgar showed some evidence that she created Xe’ra.

There is nothing to prove or disprove this.

… No. That’s a very large leap. Void lords are the living representations of the void - what you have just said means that you believe that Elune original, living representation of the light, which is a pretty wild statement. It is, also, as you said: “some evidence”, and not a factual statement as to the nature of Elune, or for that matter, the light.

Basically, you need to learn to be more objective with the handling of information. You’re more than welcome to present a theory, but there is literally ZERO indication that any kind of discussion surrounding any of these topics has any real, objective merit to it. There are countless theories about Elune, but they are just that - theories. My theory is that Elune is a naaru that discovered Azeroth during its titan-ifying and became more arcane aligned, and lost the light-based “objective good” aspect. I’m not going to push this, because it is outlandish and has very little actual evidence - just like every other theory on Elune.

1 Like

It is not just a theory.

Khadgar states " I stumbled upon a passage indicating that the prime naaru may have been created by elune during the great ordering of light and shadow."

Khadgar finds actual written evidence stating this is the case, then further proves it when the tears of Elune unlock Xe’ras core. There is no large leap here. All evidence points to Elune being a light equivalent of a void lord. What evidence, if any, do you have that proves otherwise?

3 Likes

Indeed the evidence clearly shows that Elune created the Naaru Prime especially the Naaru Prime known as Xe’ra the Lightmother whose core could only be activated by either her descendants or her creator!

2 Likes

Because Elune’s followers don’t use the light.

lol

it is a theory

My bet is old gods beat naaru they die super easy and hsbe been seriouly nerfed from BC

1 Like

I think blizz said all priests use the light. The thing is that the Night Elves access that light through Elune so there is some specialty and uniqueness there.

Anyway I think that Khadgar thing was just a way to make the tears relevant. There is no reason whatsoever why that kind of info would have been in some Dalaran library when they had zero idea who Elune was (or of her existence) nor enough knowledge to theorize such a claim.

Exactly. Literally how would anyone even know about anything during that time?

Illidan breaking Xe’ra is irrelevant to the debate. Illidan has super plot powers that allow him to bend the laws of reality, much like Nathanos. That’s why we had to lock him up with Sargeras – to prevent him from one-shotting N’Zoth and every other major threat after Legion.

9 Likes

If anyone was going to make such a statement it would have been Velen, and Tyrande already snapped at him once so I doubt he’d look further into it. Not to mention his and everyone else’s knowledge on her outside of the Kaldorei is pretty thin. Also no one besides Velen and probably the Exarch’s know about the Prime Naaru, so again went would such info be in Dalaran? Makes no sense.

Let’s not even talk about how they took a important Elune moment and gave it to Khadgar.:roll_eyes:

Then why haven’t we locked up Jaina yet?

That would be a huge waste of potential.

Human potential, that is.

6 Likes

Illidan is also final raid boss tier himself.

3 Likes

If Illidan was still around to swoon at Tyrande would the Horde have been able to get passed him to burn Teldrassil? Illidan was pretty much the Smokey Bear of the Night Elves. “Only you can sacrifice everything to prevent forest fires.”

5 Likes

Power levels are wonky. A raid of level 60’s takes out Illidan with Maiev’s help. Illidan one shots a naaru - but maybe they were mostly spent from fighting the legion and actually empowering Illidan with their power at the time ?

I want to know who wrote that Elune created the Naaru, was it Medivh and if so how did he find out ?

1 Like

Khadgar is able to draw upon sources of recorded information beyond Dalaran’s. Namely, Medivh’s library in Karazhan, whatever tomes and sources he studied when in Shattrath with A’dal, and as leader of the Six and kinda/sorta/unofficially the inheritor of the Guardian mantle he may well have access to the Tirisfalen archives in Dalaran.

All three have far more extensive information pertaining to matters beyond Azeroth, while until recently the scope of the Kirin Tor’s knowledge was predominantly limited to their own planet.

4 Likes

I think player levels matter very little when it comes to assessing boss strength, since each raid is simply tailored to the current end-game progression. Otherwise you’d have a situation where a current trash mob in BfD is exponentially more powerful than C’Thun, which obviously doesn’t make sense.

Power levels are notoriously hard to assess, anyway, but I think you can broadly categorize enemies by their overall tier (i.e. dungeon boss, dungeon end boss, world boss, raid boss, raid end boss). As well, some are given flunkies/allies (i.e. Rastakhan) or power-ups (i.e. Mekkatorque) to bring them up to an appropriate raid level.

Illidan being as powerful as a Naaru didn’t surprise me - that guy has sacrificed a lot for power-ups over the years. And I do think a top tier Naaru would be close to an Old God in power, though not close to a Void Lord.

3 Likes