Top tier Naaru vs old gods

Moreover not all Old Gods are the same; still-recovering C’thun or Yogg-saron freshly escaping imprisonment or Xal’atath walking around in an elf body casting void spells is a far cry from mountain-sized god-tumors enslaving the elements en masse and vomiting infinite armies of n’raqi and aqir across the face of the planet.

1 Like

I stated before during the war of thorns that if the narrative still had illidan around, he would of probably teamed up with Tyrande and malf to crush the horde invasion. Annnnnd as awesome as that would be, unfortunately ( or fortunately? Lol) the horde would have ended right then and there.

3 Likes

To add to your comment super powerful does not equal super durable. Illidan was restrained in a pretty powerful ring of light that x’era probably didn’t think him capable of breaking and when he demon formed out he threw absolutely everything he had at her at point blank range while he still had the element of surprise.

3 Likes

Somehow I doubt this highly

Saurfang would have to throw two axes instead of just one.

5 Likes

Ok that I’ll give you, putting it that way makes total sense. However in reference to Elune it’s still odd.

2 Likes

Oh man, we should believe everything that we read! It was in a passage, so it must be true!

1 Like

Elune’s Tear activated Light’s Heart(Xe’ra’s core) which only activates in the presence of Xe’ra’s direct line of descent and as Khadgar suspected: ancestry(in otherwords none of Xe’ra’s siblings nor their descendants).

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Bringer_of_the_Light#Stage_5:_A_Long_Way_Down
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Goddess_Watch_Over_You

1 Like

The argument is compelling, but that isn’t proof. Correlation does not equal causation. We don’t know for example, if another higher power could possibly just outright override the direct line rule as we understand it. For all we know, Elune could be able to do this without having made the Naaru themselves because Elune is just that awesome because… MAGIC.

3 Likes

Its possible that book made its way to Dalaran only recently. There are plenty of Night Elves who go to and are in Dalaran.

1 Like

But why would a Night Elf write a book about Elune and the Naaru, something they didn’t know existed. It’s just odd.

1 Like

Maybe its some book translated from some Titan relic which states this information. The Titans might be privy to such information since they used the tears of Elune relic.

From quests in Outland etc, I’d like to say A’dal is a little (way) more … Stable & open minded than Xe’ra.
I think like the Old Gods, different Naaru are of different natures, personalities and powers too. And personally I find it more intriguing that way too …
Especially if Blizzard go down the ‘Light VS Void’ ordeal down the future … If there are many that are more overzealous than the others, having high-tier ranks from both sides on OUR side - Would be very entertaining lore-wise.

(Would personally be hyped if Xal’Atath was on our side if that were the case to happen).

I’d imagine there are higher beings of Light (from the Naaru) though - Kind of like how ‘The Void Lords’ are the higher tier of the Void (From the Old Gods).
– I could see if Elune is one of them, of some shape or form. Or at the very least she might had been a Void Lord who returned to the Light (As they were from the dawn of time) upon seeing Azeroth’s world soul with her own eyes & bound herself to one of Azeroth’s Moons to watch over. I’d find that inspiring.

1 Like

I agree with you on the naaru having diffrent outlooks and personalities. The prine was called out as being an extremist even amoung her kin and obbsesed with her visions.

4 Likes

I feel like a Narru dealing with a voided world would likely just glass the planet from orbit to purge the Old God, rather than directly fighting them, and then use the light to jump start what little remains of the planet’s original lifeforms and plants.

Alternatively any fight between a Narru and Old God would more likely be a proxy fight.

Narru as a whole do have the key advantage as well of being readily mobile.

The Toppest of their “top tier Naaru” couldn’t even stand up to a crazed halfbreed nightelf mongrel.

How is this even a question?

That is not really fair considering she was focusing her energy on Lightforging Illidan at the time and was so convinced he was destined to be the Universe’s Lightforged savior that she had no reason to have her defenses up.

2 Likes

Also, Illidan is extremely powerful.

2 Likes

I hope the Light Lords are more original than some shiny light things

1 Like

Personally I’m hoping the Blizzard Franchises go the same way as Marvel and DC… Who were the personifications of the Light in Starcraft again?.. I believe it was the Xel’naga…