Top 3 specs I'd add to the game

Survival is a fine melee spec for PvP and mythic +. We lack in single target dps. Probably the worst in the game for that. That’s literally all that has to be fixed. And even with that being said I still top in keys

I’m not asking to remove it.

I’d add a solid dev spec so they stop screwing up our game.

shamelessly rewords OP’s ideas

Melee DPS/Healer priest: Holy Paladin’s angrier little brother. Give us shield profs too so that we won’t be as squishy up close.

2h tank shammies: Earthly DK’s with more CC/Utility than sustain.

2h rogues: We’re still kind of missing that ninja fantasy sub’s supposed to (kind of) give. Would be nice to see something similar.

I don’t know if I’d consider these new specs or some kind of content that would change the appearance of a spec (fully cosmetic with new animations and names). Maybe some are only available to specific races.

Shadow Priest converted to Tide Sage (Kul Tiran and Human?)

Demonology Warlock converted to Necromancer

Feral Druid converted to Worgen (Keeps player in Worgen form and uses your claws)

a ranged dual wielder sounds cool. 2 guns… or 2 wands o,O (though I think wands are pretty obsolete in retail? Haven’t seen one drop yet for any of my cloth ppl) yes please

Here’s a person who didn’t play Survival. lol

Survival, up until it was removed, was extremely unique. Nothing in the game played like it. Anywhere. I’ve TRIED very hard to find ANYTHING that gave me even close to the same feel as my old survival hunter had. I’ve tried different specs of mage, different specs of warlock, every hunter spec, shadowpriest, boomkin… nothing is even close to the same feel. It’s more than just the name of the abilities. Yes, marksmenship has a thing called lock and load, and has access to a thing called explosive shot, and for a while even had a similar black arrow. But that doesn’t mean they play similar.

So no, there is ABSOLUTELY room for a spec that played like survival did to fit in the game.

The entire reason I ended up going healer… was because I couldn’t find a spec I enjoyed after they got rid of ranged survival. Full stop. Nothing fits the niche survival did.

3 Likes

rogue based only on throwing shurikens and using spells so they can throw more shurikens (creating a clone that mimics your shuriken throws, doubling your dps, spirit shurikens (think aphelios from league). That spec could also be hyper mobile instead of having stealth. There’s a ton of ideas possible for that spec.

Yeah I miss playing my night lord :frowning:

1 Like

Pugalist warrior-melee dps with a talent to dual weild shields or bonus damage from fist weapons.

Ranged dps demon hunter with more lasers, fire, and throwing glaives.

Time mage- utility oriented support mage. Even though pure utility classes aren’t allowed anymore beyond heals.

Necromancer using D3s necro spell list would be sick.

Blood mages

Timewarpers? or Fire DKs

a holy magic spec would be cool

a xbow rogue not bad idea

tank shaman f$% yeah

i will add a chaos caster for DH

people are so misinformed about SV that they think MM still has black arrow, which was removed after legion.

3 Likes

Oh god, i summoned the beast.

If turning people off by being obnoxious, long winded and obtuse is one of your kink, glad to have provided you with some satisfaction.

To be honest, i could had just blocked you. I stopped going there because there was basically no meaningful discussions to be had there anymore when class Discords exists, something that is used to vehiculate actual information over endless circular discussions.

Not gonna lie, been there done that as far as arguing with you is concerned. Here’s the reality : 5 years of whining, no results.

I just one to adress this one bit though.

Go ahead, explain why Enhancement and Feral suffer from the exact same issues as SV if not for the fact that Ele and Balance exists.

Also why they had to come up with bandaid debuffs to help DHs and Windwalkers get raid spots.

Why are Rogues currently unwanted in raiding and Blizzard is talking about re-implementing Smokebomb to allow them to justify their raid slot?

Why are the vast majoirity of melee raid slots not covering the buffs mentioned above are simply given to DKs?

Answer to all of that is that in raiding, literally no melee specs in the game can justify its existence over ranged ones on its own merit, they all need some sort of crutch.

Here’s the list of the 3 melee specs currently in the game lacking said crutch (or at the very least not having one powerful enough to consider). Enhancement, Feral and Survival.

So yes, i stand by my opinon that its a game design problem and not a class design problem that some specs aren’t easily allowed in PvE at the moment.

“Whining” very much seems to be a subjective assessment of what players are actually doing.

But yeah…

WoW: Classic took over a decade of players “whining” for it to be brought back for this modern era.

2 Likes

And Survival is still ranged over there (or more accurately, a getho versions of Marksmanship only used to exploit gear scaling in Vanilla and providing a buff in TBC).

Problem solved !

Neither BM, MM nor SV were/are ranged specs in Vanilla/Classic.

There were/are no specs in Vanilla/Classic.

Not even close.

1 Like

Ya know, I can see why no one wants to post on the Hoonter forums if this is what every thread that gets within 20 miles of mentioning survival turns into. Like, I get that you’re upset about surv being melee now but, do you need to constantly beat everyone over the head with it day in and day out?

1 Like

Its precisely what happens.

Disc Priest sort of already does this

Outlaw rogue already does this.
Not even original hunter which had melee and ranged would do melee combat unless forced due to range limitations. Those limitations don’t exist anymore in retail.
Unless you’re referring to duel-wielding 2 ranged weapons, which will never happen unless they make a new ranged weapon type.

I would add a Warlock tank spec personally.

To be fair, I mentioned it and got flak from Rahnek in this thread. I don’t even want the current spec removed, I just advocate for a fourth spec.

It goes both ways, it is difficult to advocate for what I think would be best for the class moving forward without being told to “get over it” while the actual points I am trying to make often go ignored.

3 Likes