Too much misuse

Remember opposing viewpoints means you get flagged falsely and likely forever by people who can’t accept reality for 2 seconds.

2 Likes

This is hurting my feelings.

Bring back dislikes but disable the ability to make a mass down-voted be buried, so long as a post isn’t doing anything wrong, it shouldn’t be buried no matter how unpopular it is.

The overuse of report is a direct consequence of Blizzard taking away the dislike button.

1 Like

Back in my day we didn’t flag topics we disagreed with we just agreed to a time and place in dueled at dawn with pistols…
#20thcenturyforever

2 Likes

https://www.clker.com/cliparts/1/e/8/8/15137744141872580849question-mark-cat.hi.png

1 Like

Let me downvote posts

Give me the power back

1 Like

You believe a down vote function would deter frivolous reporting?

Ah. That I don’t agree with. As parents say to their kids, “Use your words.”

LOL you assume that there are more than like 2 moderators.

VoTe WiTh YoUr WaLlEtS

Words are very hard to use to get through to people though.

1 Like

I’m partial to the very old school days when we used the b.net forums and when you say a stupid/inflammatory/troll post you just ignored it.

It’s better than a downvote button that ends up working similar to a flag.

How about no buttons at all and people just move on with their lives when they see something that they disagree with? :slight_smile: (Maybe a report for racism or something extreme though)

1 Like

Agreed! We don’t need likes or dislikes.

1 Like

It’s cancel culture. If someone doesn’t like what you have to say, they will try to “cancel” it.

2 Likes

Dislike button needs to return.

2 Likes

If you dislike something, you Ignore the thread, and it ends right then and there.

I believe it would stop a decent chunk of it, yes.

1 Like

The way I see it, people have a right to speak. People do not have a right to silence others. If you don’t like a statement, defeat it by making a good argument against it. Silencing people just proves them right.

2 Likes

There are tons of other software packages much better than the crap theyre using for this forum. Even the free stuff is better. At least it has real downvotes, upvotes and reporting.