Too many 'hidden profile' trolls on the forums

No one cares about what you’re saying on your troll account. People are hiding their mains. If it wasn’t important to them, they wouldn’t do it.

This is based on the assumption you’re having a good faith discussion. A lot has changed since those days and the community self policed itself.

All you did was lie in this post.

It does or people wouldn’t do it.

Do you know how achievements work?

I can’t get repeat achievements. I understand that you’re wanting to troll me now, but please put in some more effort.

You would need to look under ‘feats of strength.’ I have mostly been focusing on RSS. I got Legend on three different characters the first season.

I don’t comment on raids.

I’m sorry that you don’t know how achievements work.

Because it’s not about what they say on their troll alts. It’s about hiding their mains.

Look, you’re welcome to disagree with me or even hate me, but I’m not trolling.

no, just the trolls. There are a lot of them these days.

Yeaaah, but you are though.

Fairly obvious at this point, champ.

3 Likes

I’m not though. You don’t even know how achievements work. You said I haven’t done anything since 2014 in arena… makes no sense. You should know better.

Also, I don’t raid and I don’t comment on raiding. So why would you say that?

One way or the other sadly. I know that when I was leveled I wanted to go out and join the raids and dungeons we had back then. I wanted to be able to have that gear. But I also enjoyed the antics we had. My guild also sadly broke up because of certain members believed we should be serious about end game to the T. I remember the day we all made level one gnomes and planned to invade Orgrimmar just for fun. Now…it’s like I come back looking for what that was but I just end up letting my sub die after I complete some things in the new expansion and kind of just being like meh. Would nopt mind having to match the stats for doing things but do mind having to be the only thing that matters.

Is that because it doesn’t work at all?

It depends. If you’re trying to claim m+ should be in a queue because +20 are ez pz, I’ll check your armory, or assume you’re a troll if you’re posting on a character that can’t do it.

oh ok also thank you for the grats :slight_smile: . decent story but i think im over this expansion already leveling my last 2 alts now!

2 Likes

The people saying you can bypass hidden profiles. So you’re ok doing extra steps just to weirdly track people. I’d spend my time otherwise.

2 Likes

Why do you care so much to find someone’s main character?

That just shows the childish nature of this post. Read what they say/said, and make the determinations based on that.

This is a gaming forum, not a place to flame an ego to compare achievements.

If you do not like what they said, there are many ways to ignore it.

1.) Who are you to judge who is a troll and who isn’t for everyone else? That is Blizzards job, not your job. If you think someone is a troll, report it as so, but finding out who their main character is, is completely irrelevant to whether they are a troll or not.

2.) Just because someone disagrees with you and they are on a low level hidden profile doesn’t mean they are a troll.

You are the perfect example as to why people hide their accounts. You want to use PvP rating as a metric to show why you are more qualified to talk about a subject than they are.

Truth is, they pay the same monthly sub as you do and can form their own opinions. If you do not like their opinion, you can be a grown up and ignore the post.

Edit: here is why OP wants to see people’s main character. Examples of past post below.

5 Likes

Put those posters on /ignore.

This is the heart of the matter. Shame has a lot to do with it I think.

1 Like

Less to do with shame, more to do with OP using the information to attack users. I’ve posted 2 of the many examples they have shown in their profile above.

2 Likes

Would rather we just have forum accounts. I can no longer access my main (and I just got T3 posting :dracthyr_lulmao:), but it’s whatever.

Ignores should be account wide and auto mute all threads made by that account.

2 Likes

It also shouldn’t show the “hidden message, click to reveal” in my opinion.

It should flat out delete the user from anything you read.

Although, I can see where that would be odd in terms of understanding context when people are speaking to the person.

3 Likes

I don’t. I make no attempt to find someone’s main.

This is weird. You made an incorrect assumption and now are commenting as if it’s truth.

The problem, as I already pointed out, is it’s hard to know if you’re having a good faith discussion with someone. At times, it MAY literally just be a difference of opinion, but often it’s just people trying to troll you. Since I think it’s wrong to assume someone is trolling, it’s often nice to see what experience they have to understand their perspective.

Correct. Knowing someone’s experience helps shape the conversation… as it does with everything in life. Lived experience matters.

This is a flat out lie.

I don’t think hidden profiles are the problem but boy are we sure long overdue for some bnet tags in this place.

4 Likes

if you want to argue that the hidden profile page doesn’t work, then you should be able to tell me the name of my retail main, correct?

but you can’t.

take care. glad we had this chat

1 Like

Some people would, sure.

Me? I have cat gifs to post. This is very important to the stability of the forums.

2 Likes

Oh, god, you’re a level 55 DK tryna pull a gotcha.

Shhhh… You just look sillier now.

1 Like