Too many 'hidden profile' trolls on the forums

Or maybe we don’t want people to look at our character/s and then insult and curse us for anything that may be considered wrong.

2 Likes

It’s the best thing to do on the forums.

1 Like

Then what would having a non-hidden profile do?

Kinda seems like you’re the one trolling here, chief.

4 Likes

I judge by achievement points, if you have a level 10 alt with triple digits or double digit achievement points, I’m going to assume it’s a burn account to just troll on and have 0 credit to what they say.

If it’s a level 10 with a good amount of points proving rhey’ve been playing with also a decent amount of posting points I might take that person seriously.

Our achievement points are attached account wide, plus you can check armory to see if they are playing by looking at mount and pet collection.

I post on an alt so I won’t be bothered by others who disagree with my opinion, some people do feel strongly about things enough wanting to confront you in game.

I have my profile hidden so people don’t say “you said so and so blah, blah, blah 10 years ago” and it has nothing to do with the present or topic.

As Briselody said:

So it’s not technically hidden it just creates more work.

90% of trolling is done by classic characters.

1 Like

I feel attacked.

2 Likes

You know what you did.

1 Like

I feel excluded and sad on these troubling times. :frowning:

Yall have some weird stalker issues. Yikes.

2 Likes

Lol well some people here have openly announced how weird they are looking through all characters and whatever else to use to insult people. :woman_shrugging: Mines open, don’t really care but I can see why some do.

2 Likes

IDK what anyone says, that grain I delivered to Stratholme was not plagued when I dropped it off.

3 Likes

Troll accuses people who don’t want to be trolled of being trolls. We have reached peak Internet, folks!

5 Likes

They are hiding their main.

I’m not a troll.

:slight_smile:

Well i took a 6 month break and when i came back and logged in, for whatever reason it had defaulted to this avatar which i dont think ive really touched since Legion? Could be alphabetical i guess, i really dont know.

Its not me hiding my main. Its easy enough to find who i used to regularly post on and my bnet tag is floating around these forums somewhere and I’ll never deny if anyone calls our my mains name.

Its simply what it is for me. Who i post on isnt going to change my opinion on a matter

3 Likes

Mine isn’t hidden. Look away!

1 Like

Posting on an alt is fine. I never said or implied this was an issue.

Making a low level toon and hiding your profile specifically to troll is the issue.

1 Like

I mean credibility is a thing. How can someone have a valid opinion on balance I. The game if they only do solo content?

I like the ones who do the whole, “YOU’RE NOT DOING +30 KEYS/BEAT MYTHIC RAID/HAVE A PVP RATING OF OVER 9000!!!111”

Them’s are the funny ones.

6 Likes

You my friend are clearly an orc!

3 Likes

Yea, plenty of these people just hate accountability. They have 0 experience and yet love to troll players and tell them they are wrong. Meanwhile, if you try to call them out, they cry about ad hominems or some other lame excuse.

Indeed. :smiley:

1 Like

There’s valid reasons to check someone’s profile concerning a topic.

For example, if I make a claim that the current raid is too easy on heroic, a quick look at my profile would show that I have zero experience with that content.

3 Likes