Too many buttons

I bind CTRL and ALT to 2 of the buttons on my gaming mouse. That way I don’t have to reach for them and can just use the mouse to open up 3 options for each key on the keyboard.

2 Likes

On my gaming keyboard I bind CAPS Lock to ALT and ALT is my CAPS Lock. Because I use CAPS Lock, alt is actually more comfortable than Shift as a modifier. If you have a gaming keyboard, you can create macros or change key functions based on profiles.

I created other profiles for other games I play that dont have that same CAPS lock/ALT function, as well as a profile that is normal for when I am not gaming. I also have it automated to swap when I launch/exit game.

Also since I play in windowed mode, the profile will automatically switch over when I select a different window. If I click on one of my other monitors, and lets say on the Google browser for instance, it automatically switches to my normal profile while I have my game launched on my main monitor. Then when I click back onto my game, it automatically switches back to my gaming profile.

Its great, I dont even have to think about it. To make things even easier and add a layer of redundancy, I have different key lighting on each profile so just by looking at my keyboard I know which profile I am in.

I suggest getting a gaming keyboard, it will open up wonders for keybinds that may not been a reasonable option with a regular keyboard.

I’m pretty sure I have one of those, but have no clue how to set a profile up.

It depends on which gaming keyboard you have, but there should be options in the software that comes with the keyboard. If you dont have the software, you should be able to download it from the manufacturers website. Within the software, you should have options on when to launch the profile and bind games to the profile.

1 Like

…huh. Y’know, I never even thought about being able to rebind Alt/Ctrl to another key. I think I just learned something new. I need to check this out ingame.

2 Likes

It is true that players would stack WF on the main hand and off hand. This changed with FT adding in spell power and eventually Lava Lash scaling stronger with FT on the off hand.

But the weapon imbues are absolutely core to what is the Enhancement Shaman. The problem is the developer’s execution of that identity. We need more damage in our imbues and less from abilities.

Unless you’re gonna turn those imbues back into active abilities then nah lol

I don’t understand why this spec is so inundated with people who want more damage to come from right clicking. Like, it’s all relative, more damage coming from passive sources means less coming from your buttons and it makes them feel worse to hit, and it makes your skill mean less.

Lots of other classes were like that in the past too and their players aren’t asking to return to it in nearly the same numbers as Enhance. It’s only this one.

Imbues are an iconic part of shaman/enhance, but they should be facilitating the rest of your gameplay. Do you honestly think that enhance was cool over this last week after the Windfury/Doomwinds buffs on beta, where like half your damage was more or less passive?

2 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/macros-condensing-your-physical-keys/678238?u=elvenbane-veknilash

What are your thoughts on the following changes to imbues?

• Windfury weapon could cause our auto attacks to bypass armor and have a 15-20 yard range.
  • Flametoung could provide a stacking debuff that empowers all our fire abilities on the target (good for flame shock, nova, and DoT damage increases.)
  • Frost brand could provide a major slow, useful for PvP and even enable an on-demand stun.
  • Rockbiter could grant us more survivability with each auto attack granting us an equivalent damage shield or % reduction in damage taken.

Yes we would be adding 2 more abilities, but the four would be substantial in themselves and would suit a variety of different play styles.

I’m ignorant about shaman, but why not condense the imbues the way rogues have poisons on one button? That or revamp imbues to be like runeforging?

1 Like