Too many buttons

Went in game and looked right now. Enhancement has 25 keybindings without talents, 31 if you want to keybind stuff that you really shouldn’t but want to. Stuff like the imbues, Ancestral spirit, Astral recall, far sight, water walking. Lightning shield too if you don’t pvp so you won’t need to worry about it being purged.

If you add in every single active talent, then you can get close to 40.

on my R

I actually don’t run cleanse unless solo or I plan on PvPing. even then I got it bound to Alt-3.

that’s fair, I did forget about them as I was trying to recall everything at around 2am when trying to make the post without having to log on. I do have them bound to my F key.

bound to E.

So 1-6, q, e, r, f. 30 keybindings for my shaman stuff.

hearthstone is not an essential keybind. Also if you went to read on later I also have z-b bound for non-class stuff. The opening post was about enhancement stuff, and I don’t use focus macros on my DPS class. More on my healers (which I mentioned later, stuff like ground target, focus healing, ect).

Potions and trinket share the same keybinding. You can actually just make a macro to use both trinkets at once if both are just simple DPS or stat trinkets. in fact since I’m orc I just have my racial and trinkets all macro’d together, getting three buttons down into one.

My covanent ability is going to replace my azerite trait ability. the extra one is just going to go on the alt Q since that’s open.

That’s fair on profession stuff if you’re engineering. I don’t see how having my herb / inscription bound will help me at all however. It’s on my side bar with non combat stuff.

thread is about keybindings. I got a lot of other stuff on side bars that are hidden during combat. Stuff like my imbues, lightning shield, flasks, food, two hearths, mount randomizer.

What kills me is there are many people who despite threads like this still want more baseline without removing anything from the current kit.

Ascendance
Fire Ele
Sundering
Earth shield
Stormkeeper
Healing Rain
Countless totems
And this is just a few

It’s just makes me laugh

I think I’m too smooth brained to play shaman.

2 Likes

Did you know that you don’t have to have everything keybound to play successfully? If it’s a buff you only have to cast once every 30 or 60 minutes, just click it.

1 Like

Na man, it just takes practice.

If you are going to try to min/max damage, this is not the correct way to play.

1 Like

Right there’s your problem.

Mouse buttons are meant to be additional keybinds, not then whole setup.

More buttons are good.

Well I play shaman literally, BECAUSE there are lots of buttons.

It feels like swiss army knife class.

Tons of unique tools.

That’s why it’s my favourite class in the game.

Why ?

Just use mouse .

Alt is not even remotely comfortable to use imo, and I have never found a way to make it work without uncomfortable hand gymnastics. Tuck my thumb? That’s not very comfy. I don’t see how people make it work.

Oh and yes, my shaman has too much to look at. I have plenty of stuff keybound+mouse buttons and it’s just a lot.

I bind CTRL and ALT to 2 of the buttons on my gaming mouse. That way I don’t have to reach for them and can just use the mouse to open up 3 options for each key on the keyboard.

2 Likes

On my gaming keyboard I bind CAPS Lock to ALT and ALT is my CAPS Lock. Because I use CAPS Lock, alt is actually more comfortable than Shift as a modifier. If you have a gaming keyboard, you can create macros or change key functions based on profiles.

I created other profiles for other games I play that dont have that same CAPS lock/ALT function, as well as a profile that is normal for when I am not gaming. I also have it automated to swap when I launch/exit game.

Also since I play in windowed mode, the profile will automatically switch over when I select a different window. If I click on one of my other monitors, and lets say on the Google browser for instance, it automatically switches to my normal profile while I have my game launched on my main monitor. Then when I click back onto my game, it automatically switches back to my gaming profile.

Its great, I dont even have to think about it. To make things even easier and add a layer of redundancy, I have different key lighting on each profile so just by looking at my keyboard I know which profile I am in.

I suggest getting a gaming keyboard, it will open up wonders for keybinds that may not been a reasonable option with a regular keyboard.

I’m pretty sure I have one of those, but have no clue how to set a profile up.

It depends on which gaming keyboard you have, but there should be options in the software that comes with the keyboard. If you dont have the software, you should be able to download it from the manufacturers website. Within the software, you should have options on when to launch the profile and bind games to the profile.

1 Like

…huh. Y’know, I never even thought about being able to rebind Alt/Ctrl to another key. I think I just learned something new. I need to check this out ingame.

2 Likes

It is true that players would stack WF on the main hand and off hand. This changed with FT adding in spell power and eventually Lava Lash scaling stronger with FT on the off hand.

But the weapon imbues are absolutely core to what is the Enhancement Shaman. The problem is the developer’s execution of that identity. We need more damage in our imbues and less from abilities.

Unless you’re gonna turn those imbues back into active abilities then nah lol

I don’t understand why this spec is so inundated with people who want more damage to come from right clicking. Like, it’s all relative, more damage coming from passive sources means less coming from your buttons and it makes them feel worse to hit, and it makes your skill mean less.

Lots of other classes were like that in the past too and their players aren’t asking to return to it in nearly the same numbers as Enhance. It’s only this one.

Imbues are an iconic part of shaman/enhance, but they should be facilitating the rest of your gameplay. Do you honestly think that enhance was cool over this last week after the Windfury/Doomwinds buffs on beta, where like half your damage was more or less passive?

2 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/macros-condensing-your-physical-keys/678238?u=elvenbane-veknilash

What are your thoughts on the following changes to imbues?

• Windfury weapon could cause our auto attacks to bypass armor and have a 15-20 yard range.
  • Flametoung could provide a stacking debuff that empowers all our fire abilities on the target (good for flame shock, nova, and DoT damage increases.)
  • Frost brand could provide a major slow, useful for PvP and even enable an on-demand stun.
  • Rockbiter could grant us more survivability with each auto attack granting us an equivalent damage shield or % reduction in damage taken.

Yes we would be adding 2 more abilities, but the four would be substantial in themselves and would suit a variety of different play styles.

I’m ignorant about shaman, but why not condense the imbues the way rogues have poisons on one button? That or revamp imbues to be like runeforging?

1 Like