Too hard to solo delve with monk

Tried tier8 Earthcrawl Mines ( Fiery Grounds Variant) as a Windwalker monk and Bran as healer, failed miserably at the beginning of the delve
Tried as brewmaster, got to the end boss, but it takes ages to kill it, my dps is too low, got tired, lost attention and the train hit me, got killed.

I’m frustrated

1 Like

the cart that comes His web he shoots Shows where its coming from

7 Likes

My monk is about the same as you progression-wise, and I agree that it is a bit difficult to solo as WW.

The Vivacious Vivification talent helps a lot because Brann is kinda stupid, and you can cheese a little bit with Ring of Peace to give yourself a little time to pick up the pieces mid-encounter. Also, Touch of Karma is goated.

IMO the best defense as WW is good offense, blow your CDs and try to whittle down larger groups as fast as you can. It’s not like you have a time limit.

I feel like losing attention and dying to a clearly telegraphed mechanic is very much a you problem. My Monk was doing T8 Delves 20 ilvl lower than you with no problems (Brewmaster). Yes, it has fairly low DPS. That’s fine. The mechanics are all very straightforward and easy to dodge if the intent is to dodge.

4 Likes

A 600 ilvl brewmaster should be rolling over delves, we can do t8 30 ilvls lower than that. I’d suggest reading some guides or watching videos (assuming you haven’t already).

Great, now a mob called Zekvir appeared and rocked my butt off.
Seriously

2 Likes

i havent had a problem with monk in delves. try to stagger the hp pots and only walk over one when you want a swift hp pop

Skill issue. Learn your class, maybe watch some guides. If 8s are too hard for you, scale down to a 7. Same upgrade track rewards, even if the ilvl is a little lower.

3 Likes

i can do 9s on my monk, maybe almost 10s. but it’s at 614 ilvl. I think I did my first 9 at like 605 ilvl I play as a WW with brann as healer.

1 Like

But he does leave goodies behind!

I’ve found the best strategy for Delves is to have a Delve specific loadout that takes advantage of every healing and mitigation cooldown in existence. Use every button. All of your CC, cooldowns, movement, etc.

Delves really push the “you will use every button you don’t normally use” strat.

You’ll also want Brann at a good level. 30+.

2 Likes

So much this.

Also, Interrupts, spacial awareness of mob attacks, making sure Brann is set up to help. Interrupts, more spacial awareness, and last but not least, interrupts.

Definitely found out the hard way that though brute forcing your way through can work for some classes, it sure does not work on All.

Best of luck and keep at it, you will get it. :+1: :100: :disguised_face:

1 Like

I did exactly that. I changed my talents, my action bar lay out, everything that I could think of – and it got a lot better.

1 Like

Just a heads up he’s actually really easy to defeat when he shows up just don’t stand in the spittle or fear.

1 Like

100X easier when he shows up then when you go to fight him in his own instance lol

That’s because he doesn’t run away there, hits much harder and spawns that annoying spider add, lol.

1 Like

I’ve come to the realization there are just some delves I won’t be able to do on my Rogue. ECM and WW both have bosses that just constantly attack and can’t be stunned so it’s just a frustrating effort and I avoid them.

On the other hand there are a few that are an insanely easy breeze. Just do the ones you can.

1 Like

Sounds like your gear sucks and you’re probably playing badly. But that’s a you issue. Just play a lower level delve if you can’t handle it. This isn’t a balance issue, they’re easy.

1 Like

i remember feeling that way but it went away once brann got ~34 or so and its ez now.

sometimes my screen flashes red for a fraction of a second but brann got my back quick enough.

no pulling like a tank, 1 pack at a time, walk on brann’s potions, use legsweep and ring of peace. you got this.

(no use for paralyse brann like’s to shoot at it instantly)

2 Likes

What is your play style? For me playing solo vs playing in a group is different. When alone I will pull one maybe two mobs and go very slow. Brann is there as a healer but I still try to interrupt, CC and use whatever other mitigation that I have. If you have to use all of your cooldown on a mob do it. These are not timed and the more you do Delves the better you get.

As for item level the honest truth is the more skilled you are with your class and game play the lower item level you can have. So if you are not very skilled you will need a higher item level. You will need health potions and food to help give that edge. It is good to look at other people’s game play but unless you are at the same level of skill it is not going to be a 1 to 1.

1 Like

Been having no issue getting T8s on my monk.

Use ring of piece. Vivify yourself if brann isn’t throwing red juice fast enough. Paralyze and pull smaller groups where you can. Ring of piece and legsweep to stop casters and give yourself space.