Too few servers

Well blizzard you really screwed the pooch on this one. How in the world did you think that one normal us server was going to be enough? All servers are sitting at Ques over 5,000. This has severely tanked the excitement for me, my family, and my friends. We all just said forget it and gave up. We had set aside the day to play together. We were super excited to get in and level together. And now we’re going to go do something else. Good job.

12 Likes

Yep real dumb

4 Likes

I feel ya man, I woke up early just to not be able to play.

6 Likes

Why would they release a bunch of servers and have all of them die in the end just like they did in Classic WoW? I see it as an excellent idea to prevent an over influx of dead servers, again.

I also dont understand this, I took today off and im just staring at the log in screen please make more servers.

Gotta’ agree. They had to know SoD was going to be big. Queues are crazy right now.

Pooch screwing initiated by Blizzard.

3 Likes

I feel the same. I worked early, prepared some snacks, put my kids to bed early only to spend 40 minutes looking at a screen that tells me the estimated time is 3 minutes and 5000 in line.

1 Like

because it’s flat out unacceptable to have a 4k+ queue on every single server option.

2 Likes

LOL

Classic WoW had a 10k queue… Take it like a champ and sit in the queue. See ya in a couple of hours.

1 Like

Yes, you’re missing all the ‘100 characters rushing at each mob’ action.

yeah, i sat in those as well. Doesn’t make in any way OK. stop settling

1 Like

I get the argument that they don’t want to have dead servers a few weeks after launch. But if literally every single server is sitting at a 10k que as of writing this reply then they underestimated how many servers there should be. There’s enough people sitting in queue right now to fill eight more servers. And I’m not saying that we should have eight more servers. But at least a couple more would have been nice. Having only one normal US server was a terrible idea.

Yep. They were right to try to fix the too many servers dying problem, it just makes absolutely NO sense that they went to the absolute extreme and only put in 1 server of each type (with 2 pvp) like HUH.

They needed a middle ground here, not going from one extreme to the other.

1 Like

then they should have learned form that experience and anticipated the ques

" …we will of course be ready with additional realms if needed."

Blizzard said they’d be ready, I laughed when I first read it…

1 Like

well because they know majority of people gonna quit within the first month and then you going to have people complain how their servers are dead. cant please everybody

Queues have been a thing since forever ago… Do you reasonably think they have the hardware to support every single person joining the server at once?

They are having issues with layers. It will get better.

The reason, I am pretty sure, is that layers are not working currently, and they want to fix that and see how the existing servers can handle more players before opening more servers. This is what Aggrend said on X a while ago:

“Having some issues getting new layers spun up on these realms, which is causing people who got in to be lagging pretty bad. Working on it now, please be patient while we work on it! Thanks!”

1 Like