Token would legit destroy tbc classic

And this isn’t fear mongering it’s true

If you played classic wow you know just how much of a plague GDKP runs were. In phase 5 and 6 it was often more difficult to find raid groups that WEREN’T GDKP runs.

What do you think servers are going to look like if people can drop 200 dollars on a few tokens as an a) freshly boosted 58 character who then b) pays for dungeon boosts to 70 and then c) hops RIGHT into a gdkp run and out bids everyone and gears in a week?

If the token was added to this game, tbc classic would quite literally be pay to win.

100% of you (besides all of the inevitable trolls) should be extremely scared of this being added.

32 Likes

I agree that it’s nonsense, but I’m not scared.

Who cares if they get the gear faster? It is pay to win in the sense that they geared first, but it can also be relative. The boost spam is annoying, and you have to work harder to find a community who just want to play the game as intended, but I think this is happening across all games.

No to wow tokens in classic.

9 Likes

We need a new mmorpg that’s not cheat to win.

13 Likes

GDPK’s are not a plague at all, and can function wonderfully without RMT gold.

Join a guild! Most people who GDKP are doing it on their alts and have a Raiding guild for their main.

Unfortunately this can already happen with blizzards lack of TOS enforcement and all the RMT going on, that Blizzard turns a blind eye too.

Don’t get me wrong. I do not want to see the wow token introduced to any of the Classic versions of WOW. But all of your argument is paper thin.

Meh I really doubt the token is going to have that much of an affect on my personal experience. I’m still going to raid the same as I would and that’s all I care about really. I have a guild to raid with so no worries there

2 Likes

I’ll take 20 tokens thank you

4 Likes

Anyone complaining about tokens just didn’t play Classic WoW at any point, I assume. GDKPs are running rampant and Blizzard hasn’t done anything to stop RMT. They barely ban bots, they don’t punish people that buy gold. It’s not going to change, they’re just going to buy gold in TBC and buy gear again.

4 Likes

There are alot of people whos reasoning to not combat changes to the game is that it doesnt affect them. These people are some how unaware their playing an mmo. Socially and economically there will be negatives and positives. And unless you hide in wailing caverns for the next two years, it’s going to impact your gameplay at some point.

1 Like

im buying 50 tokens minimum. gotta gear my lock and have epic flying

3 Likes

Sweet, as a full time professional and parent of young kids, this sounds like a steal!

3 Likes

Impact yes, net negative? No.

When people say it wont impact their gameplay they mean in an overall negative way.

Personally I am not seeing how a token would impact my gameplay at all. What sells on the AH has always been volatile and so I just adjust. Nothing changes in that regard.

Blizzard already destroyed TBC classic and anything unique that classic had to offer.

People were already going to pay to win, and if anything people should be more upset about the 58 paid boost than the WoW token being added because that just made the entire process way easier to just rinse and repeat.

I don’t really care if they add the token or not. The economy on most servers is already ruined beyond repair. Most people in my guild have tens of thousands of gold and my leader has a few hundred thousand gold, original tbc was nothing like this.

1 Like

Gdkp happen after builds full clear and have gotten most if not all bis gear they need from the raid. That’s how it’s always been.

Also pay to win doesnt work on TBC where its team based gameplay. 1 person in full bis with there guild in crap gear they lose time. In pvp you need resiliance so pve gear makes ya real squishy.

P2w is fake and doesnt happen in wow like you seem to think.

GDKP isnt new. We ran them during the original iterations of this game. Especially wrath. Tokens will do nothing except artificially raise the floor and cause inflation in the player economy. If you’re in a good guild it will have little affect on your game. Most of these posts seem to be framed by people worried about bad players using their wallet to out gear them and then what, exactly?

People like GDKP runs, People like buying boosts and farming. For the rest of us its up to our own selves to find communities that don’t boost, don’t farm, don’t use the Auction House.

It won’t kill classic for a lot of us. If anything it feels more like Classic Classic you can’t play with us unless you have BiS everything world buff correct talents and classes to join.

3 Likes

I am still trying to figure out what is with all this WoW Token talk. I mean has Blizzard even mentioned them in TBCC. Or is this a lot of fear mongering.

“to win” is translated to: “they got it faster than me” which for some, IS the game of WoW.

For some of us, the when is less important than the how. Personally I think an MMO can be more than a race, but I also respect that people want to approach the game more impatiently.

2 Likes

No, it is not.