TOGC weekly lockout not working

thats a long time for no ticket asnwer… would they ban people before replying to a ticket?

also happened to my team.
we need a Blue Response to this as soon as possible.
we need to prog on Anub some more, and if we re-clear and get banned there will be a lot of really pissed off people

1 Like

chiming in here that my guild is also in the same boat. we cleared up to anub last night. did some attempts and decided to prog more tomorrow. will be extremely angry if we get punished for re-clearing the raid through no fault of our own just to get back to the prog we intended on doing.

I am hoping Blizz responds to this. Only the people that didn’t run it last week from our raid this week have their lockout. Everyone that was here last week aren’t locked. It seems to be related to the achievement hot fix they did.

My guild also had the Raid ID reset bug, we need clarity on if we are able to re-clear the dungeon (we are fine with duplicate loot being removed) or not, clarity from a blue would be helpful as I have not figured out a way to even submit an in-game ticket regarding this issue, if any can walk me through that process I will also submit a ticket that way.

Obviously its not worth a ban, but also id have to worry about guild members pugging with their new clean ID as well.

Hi Everyone,

We really appreciate the reports about this and wanted to provide an update for those of you with Trial of the Crusader or Trial of the Grand Crusader lockouts that are in limbo at the moment.

We are aware of an issue that can rarely cause some raid lockouts to not properly save and will create a new raid instance when attempting to resume progress in an existing lockout. If you find that you are expecting to zone into a partially cleared instance and find yourself in a fresh instance instead, you may go ahead and clear that instance to finish out your week without fear of account action. However, we will be monitoring logs closely and groups found to have fully cleared ToC or TOGC multiple times (e.g. have killed Anub’arak more than once) within the same raid size and within the same lockout, may face account action at our discretion.

This is our bug and our mistake, and while this is unfortunate, in the interest of playing nice and playing fair, we don’t want to be too heavy handed and punish groups that may have happened upon this issue accidentally while attempting to prog and just want to get their clear for the week. We would however strongly discourage groups from attempting to deliberately reproduce this to get multiple full clears within the same lockout.

We plan to have a full fix in place by this next week’s reset (July 4th in the US region). We appreciate everyone’s patience while we’ve worked through this issue and sincerely apologize for any uncertainty or frustration that this might have caused.

Thank you!

7 Likes

Thank you for the clarity and allowing us to finish the raid.

Thanks for clarifying

To close the loop on this, because my guild is already asking - guilds that cleared the dungeon are able to clear up to anub again for extra loot? That same guild should not kill anub twice and are in the clear for account action? or is the response that no guilds that full clear are eligible for any additional loot while guilds that havent killed Anub get the opportunity for extra loot this week?

1 Like

That doesn’t really add any clarity for players that may have already cleared TOGC twice this week. Is there an amnesty system in place? Are players going to receive a suspension for capitalizing on a developer mistake? That would really incentivize not playing world of warcraft.

2 Likes

While we want to be very very fair here, we are also not looking to help anyone find loopholes to this. The simple way to look at this is:

Did I get my 5/5 clear this week in a given raid size (10 or 25)?
If yes → You are done for the week and please don’t try to get more clears/kills in that raid size.
If no → finish your current existing instance and then be done for the week.

So if you full cleared this week, you are done in that raid size for the week. Going back in and trying to find a way to get extra kills is where you might find yourself in trouble, so please just don’t do it. Like I said, we don’t want to overly punish guilds that stumbled into this while progging across multiple raid nights and sessions, but deliberate and willful exploitation is not cool, and you will know if you are doing it.

I mentioned “killing Anub’arak more than once” for simplicity, but we’ll also be able to tell if, for example, someone was able to get 3+ Twin Valkyr kills as well this week within the the same raid size, and can very safely assume they were aware that what they were doing was not correct.

Hope this helps clarify things.

2 Likes

Thank you for responding, I run a guild full of people who think they are lawyers.

1 Like

So those of us that full cleared we just miss out on multiple kills of the first 4 bosses?

3 Likes

Again, should a player that has already cleared the content more than once delete their loot and make a ticket, or should they kick their feet up and await their suspension?

If players are banned without a chance for amnesty given that this was a dev mistake, that would be pretty poor management.

1 Like

please reply if a group does every boss up to Anub and it reset do they basically get double loot on all of those bosses because they didn’t full clear???

1 Like

Yep, sounds like guilds that didn’t one-night get double chances at Death’s Verdict. :feelsbadman:

2 Likes

And trophies and badges, etc. Lot of good stuff they will be double tapping.

1 Like

Everyone knows that lockouts are once per week and would recognize that it’s a bug. Taking advantage of a bug for gameplay advantage is a willful violation of game mechanics. As pumped as I was when I saw there was no lockout, its pretty obvious its not intentional and going back in before Blizzard addressed it would be pretty foolish.

2 Likes

Yep, exactly why I made this thread

1 Like

Yep it blows. Imagine if they were just like “Yep we screwed up, have fun everyone!”

4 Likes