Today, automation. Tomorrow, boosting?

What? It’s Adam, believe his take is mysticalOS?

Lives with his mom, dbm is his full time job.

Stand in a mechanic to have 200m gold deposited into your mail

2 Likes

dude get over it’s all over the internet elitist helps with it lol. go away since 2012 at least.

mhmm, and my boil on my butthole can tell time.

Blizzard isn’t paying him to make dbm, if elitist jerks (which I’m not even sure ion does more than get carried in anymore) helps, that’s not on blizzard.

They don’t need to ban this activity. If anything they need to acknowledge it and give it it’s own channel and LFG.

Never bought one, couldn’t care too much about the trade spam, but feel like it should be acknowledged at some point and give players tools to channel it.

It has been acknowledged and told to be kept to trade chat

They even have a help article in place if you get scammed by a boost seller.

1 Like

Pve boosting does not promote a friendly atmosphere within the game. It is counterproductive for guilds trying to find people to play with. Same as pvp boosting, it ruins the idea of people learning and getting better together.

3 Likes

If someone is buying a pve boost they’re probably not going to be joining your guild if it didn’t exist, these people either don’t have the time, the skill or the want to actually do it the normal way.

It’s like when people say removing LFR would make more people raid normal, no, it wouldn’t, more people would just not raid anything.

1 Like

A well stated response to those asking “How is it against the spirit of the game?”

This is how.

1 Like

If you remove boosting, It will force more players of different skill levels to play together. That is good for the game.

1 Like

That is exactly the point. No sense in someone looking for people to play with if they can just buy whatever their desired achievement, item, or whatever. What is the point of playing a mmo game then.

1 Like

But they wouldn’t be looking, they just wouldn’t play.

Or they would go to RMT sites.

People have this weird notion that if you make something harder to do people will rise to the occasion, they don’t, they just don’t do it. Ghostcrawler talked on it a long while back, they’d found that if they make something harder (like cata heroics) they just stop doing them.

No it is a game, and in any game we have to be fair and earn what we deserve. Sorry, but maybe I am wired differently than you, be it a game, drinking beer, or the freaking World Cup things should always be fair or pure.

Just because you think something is trivial or as you say just a bunch of lines of code (whatever that means) doesn’t mean people should cheat.

Where did I ever say that? I actually posted that I am only 217 gear level and earned it, never said that I should get free 226 gear.

You would think that these people arguing with you boost as well, why would anyone defend something so strongly if you aren’t the one doing it?

Because i see nothing wrong with it, it’s providing a service to those who otherwise would not have enough time.

But there is something wrong with it, those players are not EARNING that gear or rating. I am a teacher and work M-Friday sometimes Saturday for tutoring, and it isn’t hard to find a mythic group or pvp guild and either PvE or PvP for 3-4 hours a week.

My item level isn’t the best but it doesn’t suck either and I play tops maybe 6 hours a week.

No they aren’t regulating it better.

But it also it’s a game, game is for fun.

As long as it isn’t against the rules anyway, which boosting is not.

Still wrong IMHO, and that is what this thread is about. Soccer and football are also games but if someone cheated to beat you, you would probably not like it.