Today, automation. Tomorrow, boosting?

So automation has finally been prohibited by Blizzard. It only took nearly 17 years but bravo. It’s bad for the game.

Now, can we please disallow selling runs for gold? It goes against the spirt of the game, is bad for the game, and makes it harder to even find legitimate runs in LFG.

43 Likes

Will you be my friend? I’ll pay you 5 g.

8 Likes

I don’t see how any of these things are true.

1. The spirit of the game, has the player trading services for gold all the time… it’s basically one of the most common functions in the game.
  2. I don’t see how it’s bad for the game, I personally think it’s a net neutral.
  3. The fraction of a percent (I’m assuming) of the playerbase that actually buys boosts shouldn’t effect group finder.
18 Likes

i guess you haven’t looked at the group finder for a couple of years.

16 Likes

So does complaining, but here we are

This outta be good…elaborate

I see maybe 1 or 2 for every 10 legit groups in LFG…perhaps try to scroll a little?

9 Likes

I guess not Bul, I guess not. There are millions of people playing the game, there aren’t millions of people buying boosts.

6 Likes

It’s already not allowed in LFG they just need a better system to enforce it tbh.

As for carries as a whole, I don’t really see why they matter in PvE. In PvP I would agree it’s an issue and needs to be addressed. But who cares if someone buys AotC for the chieve or the mount

8 Likes

there are enough people buying boosts for multiple companies to be making a living from it.

8 Likes

Oh and I forgot to mention trade chat on populated servers is so full of boosting sales than it renders trade for other purposes virtually useless, required an addon to filter through, and boost sellers are even finding ways to circumvent the spam filter addons by slightly altering the spelling of their adverts.

It’s just not good for the game and harms what residue of a community the game still has left.

4 Likes

Oh, how many is that?

Same could be said for PvP too though. Why is it only an issue for one side and not both? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

No automation costs them money in the long run. Most multiboxing is done by bots for raw gold farm which is sold for real money cheaper than a WoW token.

Boost on the other hand generate income through token sales. We’re more likely to get an in game boosting review system.

3 Likes

last time i looked, there were at least 8 different businesses advertising

(edit to add this gallery with a few snaps from back in feb)

6 Likes

Speaking of addons, badboy does wonder. Or leaving trade.

2 Likes

How would they manage to do that would be more interesting :rofl:

That is a very damning image. I don’t know how anyone can look at that and say it isn’t bad for the game.

6 Likes

Gosh, 8 hits? That must be like millions or something.

1 Like

Denial syndrome is very high among the player base and maybe they themselves are the ones running these boosting ads. :rofl:

7 Likes

You’re using reverse psychology, so obviously you’re running these boosting ads. :rofl:

So one group in the lfg equals one whole business that someone makes an actual living from?

1 Like