Today, automation. Tomorrow, boosting?

Declare addons illegal :smiling_imp:

1 Like

blizz owns dbm and elitist jerks are kinda doing dbm so ya it ain’t going nowhere lol

No, next they’re going to ban players who wear pants.

They actually didn’t break oqueue (well, except when they told them to stop putting a paypal link on the addon), they just added the LFG tool and the devs for oqueue stopped.

Same with gearscore, devs just stopped developing, nothing is stopping someone from making gearscore.

AVR was an actual issue though lol.

How to piss off the RP community and disabled community all in one fell swoop 101

1 Like

ALL addons?

That’d certainly be the way. I’m not using the ugly butt stock UI ever, not for 1 second of gameplay :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Excuse me, we’re going for the jugular.

The entire community

Automation was never allowed.

Multiboxing software and hardware that sent commands to multiple game clients was never “automation”, although it definitely skirted the bleeding edge of things-that-might-be-exploiting. There was still a person at the keyboard directing every action.

The thing is that the botfarms of Boomkins that you see out there Starfalling and Moonfiring everything 24/7? Those don’t have a person at the wheel. That is automation, and it was already against the rules, and they don’t care that it’s against the rules. They account for banned account churn in their overhead. This change just takes away the massively-multiboxer playstile for non-exploiters which, I’ll be clear on this, is a big shrug from me. I haven’t used keyclone hardware or software since BC on my two accounts, when I’d do my Netherstorm dailies with my Pally holding aggro and a key bound to have my Mage do Arcane Explosion. Since I came back just before Mists, I’ve only Shadowboxed - had one account be useless while I play the other, and tab back and forth.

Aside from dragging my second account through Calling dailies on /follow, I mostly just use it to argue with my own characters in RP.

So yeah, RIP classic massive multiboxing, but this really isn’t the victory that people seem to think that it is and isn’t going to stop those Boomkin bot farms.

Anyway, what I’ve discovered is that reporting every single “WTS” group in Group Finder is actually a very Candy-Crush-Like seratonin/dopamine busywork boost. When I’m bored or I’m supposed to be working or in my second window idling while I RP, I’ll just bring up Premade Group Finder and start spamming right-click-reports, refreshing, and reporting again until Mythic groups are clear of ads, then switching over to the Raids group and doing the same, then bipping back again. It’s highly recommended for a busywork task, if people are into that kind of thing, and the more people do it the faster their burner account churn will be, giving them higher costs.

1 Like

DBM is not owned by blizzard, it’s one dude who is supported by patreon and money from curse.

1 Like

Imagine the other extreme.

LFM Sanctum of Domination LINK ELV UI FOR FAST INVITE, no DBM jokers please and have Elitist Helper installed or you are kicked

Well, you can find gearscore in wow.tools banned addon list here

So if you try and make a gearscore addon I would suggest figuring out why the others were banned first so you don’t suffer the same fate lol

Does elitism helper even work in raid, i dl for that purpose to call my dumb-butt raid group out when they did dumb-butt things, but haven’t got it working in raid.

1 Like

Who knows :stuck_out_tongue:

and who works on it? so that’s basically saying they do lol. and don’t say they don’t cause i seen it with my own eyes.

Can’t actually find it there lol.

The addon itself is probably banned due to the way it communicated, they’ve done that before, if something sends too much communication it bogs down addon channels.

Sort by name

yeah Bobby kotick actually did the voices for the dbm warnings

1 Like

What? It’s Adam, believe his take is mysticalOS?

Lives with his mom, dbm is his full time job.

Stand in a mechanic to have 200m gold deposited into your mail

2 Likes

dude get over it’s all over the internet elitist helps with it lol. go away since 2012 at least.