To those trying to turn Wrath of the Lich King into Vanilla

Please, just stop. I didn’t push for Vanilla to be turned into something it wasn’t. I didn’t push for TBC to be turned into something it wasn’t. Please show us the same respect regarding WotLK. If you want Vanilla, then go to Classic Era and leave WotLK alone. I want to play the same game I played in 2009-10, not a re-imagined version of it.

87 Likes

I hope we also get the old version of Wintergrasp where you aren’t put in pre-made groups after you queue (I know it’s gross, you QUEUE and it TELEPORTS YOU THERE).

The new version where they do the groups for you KILLED my social experience. I demand spending half of the Wintergrasp slowly consolidating the 8 groups that formed into 2 kind of large but stubborn groups that each insist they’re the MAIN group.

If we don’t get the old version, it will KILL classic and immediately become RETAIL

6 Likes

Don’t you see, though. The devs really want to capture the Vanilla ‘spirit’ and put it into Wrath. You know, like that Vanilla spirit of buying boosts from Blizzard? They really care about the community. You know, the bot community and the booster community and the gdkp community.

To be serious, though, it’s clear that Wrath Classic isn’t being made for people who want to re-experience Wrath. It’s just not. That’s the reality. Either you can deal with that, or you can’t. I won’t be playing it. I’ve been having the time of my life on private servers over the past few weeks after the announcement of these terrible changes. So that’s where I’ll be. Blizz has driven me from the game yet again.

27 Likes

Not really feasible in 2022 tho… Just a completely different gaming scene

At some point you have to slightly adapt to the world 15 years later.

2 Likes

No. My PvP back in the day lagged so hard that people could sheep eachother, and people could die even if I finished my heal on them.
I need it to be recreated this exact way or it isn’t remotely good.

2 Likes

No you don’t. Classic isn’t for everyone, and that’s ok. When you try to please everyone, you end up pleasing no one. We have 3 playable versions of World of Warcraft. Players can decide for themselves which version is right for them.

7 Likes

then i guess you will have to quit since the wotlk version we are getting isn’t right for you.

Anyway see you in wrath, because we all know you will play it anyway.

7 Likes

Asking for changes to the game was always selfish and keeping the game as it was is the most fair…and keeps new dumb ideas from the developers from ruining it.

Personally I didn’t like RFD as it was and think the game would have been better without teleporting to dungeons with people from other servers BUT just because I think something being changed is a good idea doesn’t mean other people will and it’s easier to simply accept each expansion for what it was. Would I be interested in a Classic + server? Sure as it’s own thing but I absolutely want each era represented as it was.

Except for Cataclysm, that expansion needs some changes😉

3 Likes

Shouldnt this be addressed to the developers?

Exactly right. I want WotLK as it was, warts and all. As we are seeing now, it is possible for Blizzard to screw up their most popular expansion ever.

9 Likes

Well, as it was, it didn’t have LFD till the whip end of the expansion, so it sounds to me like what you want isn’t WotLK at all, but Retail wearing Wrath’s corpse.

3.3 wasn’t the “whip end” of the expansion when it lasted for half of the expansion’s lifespan.

12 Likes

LFD came out Dec 8th, 2009.
Cataclysm came out Dec 7th, 2010.

So we had LFD in WOTLK for a year prior to Cata release. It came in the about the halfway point of WOTLK’s life span. Your revisionist history doesn’t jive* well.

EDIT: It took months of development for LFD as well, as was being worked on for a long while before release. It was being worked on and later introduced to deal with the same problems we are facing now.

16 Likes

Patch iterations are what dictates the life span, you’re just playing semantics when you say wotlk’s “lifespan” in regard to blizz having no content for an entire year.

You know what was the “whip end” of Vanilla? Cross realm BGs, yet we got those from P2 onwards in Classic.

6 Likes

You know what was at the beginning of vanilla? Unarmored epic mounts… never got them.

I feel the Anti-LFD people would have more of a leg to stand on if Blizz said WOTLK Classic will start with patch 3.2.2, as LFD didn’t come out until 3.3.0, but since Blizzard said WOTLK Classic will be built off of 3.3.5 LFD was an understood given.

3 Likes

But didn’t they say in the same announcement that it wouldn’t have LFD?

They said they would do changes to Dual Spec too, which has now been recanted. So just because Blizz makes stupid decisions doesn’t mean they will stick with them.

4 Likes

They said they were THINKING of making changes to dual spec, not the same thing as saying “WotLk classic will not have LFD”