To the Solo Players

I see a lot of threads complaining Season 4 adds nothing for you, and there is nothing to do. I’m wondering. What more do you want?

For context. The only other Xpack thats had more for solo players is Legion, and its not by much. I can only think of Brawler’s guild thats missing in Shadowlands for minigame things that had no gear progression.

We have the mage tower back. We have Torghast instead of islands. We still have LFR. Season 4 even added upgraded bosses to LFR. So you still do get casual raid content.

Shadowlands has 3 solo daily/quest zones which is more than BFA’s 2, and Equal to Legion’s solo daily zones by the end of it’s xpack.

I Honestly 100% do not get what more people want? I keep hearing Solo players don’t want free raid gear (Which ya’ll got anyway with the item into tier set thing) That they don’t want IL upgrades.

So what is it? Cosmetics? We have over 32 cosmetic sets that are farmable from just Covenant content. (All 4 armor types, all 4 covs, + their recolors + their social sets and recolors, and the special ones Rev has outside of those.) Over 60 mounts that you don’t have to get from raids, or dungeons, or achievements.

More treasures, and rare’s that drop cosmetics than any other Xpack we’ve had to date. More secret quests, a secret mount. All sorts of things for the solo player to do.

So I’m not getting it? This isn’t bait, or a troll topic and I hope the replies and talks that happen aren’t trolling, and trashy. I really want to know. Whats missing?

35 Likes

I’m actually pretty good atm. Just playing through the story content I missed since I left during 9.1 (I left in Jan of 2021 so it might have not been 9.1). Sadly, I screwed up and started Zereth Mortis too early before finishing the Chains of Domination storyline, so it got a little wonky.

10 Likes

Let me just say this about solo players, World of Warcraft or any multiplayer game is not geared towards you. Games like World of Warcraft, are meant to be enjoyed with other players, not just alone. There’s a lot to do as a solo player, you can do PVP, M+, Questing, Transmog runs, and literally any older content. Quite honestly I don’t get why people complain about it instead of making suggestions to make it better.

24 Likes

Oh gawd, here we go again. Haven’t read the thousands of replies on this subject and still say it’s not trolling or bait? Sorry, just … /sigh

88 Likes

Aren’t you just contributing to the so-called bait post?

5 Likes

Technically it isnt your concern or business…so yeah…its probably baiting or trolling since no one owes you any explanation until youre working for blizzard as a content creator and in need of some ideas.

51 Likes

if they make it 50/50 solo and groups from suggestions
you will have the Elitist on the forums complaining on how wasted stuff was put on the solo groups

9 Likes

I mean here’s the thing, yeah I agree WOW should have a bit more solo content, sort of like mage tower. But at the same time, World of Warcraft is meant to be enjoyed with others. So yes, things should be 50/50

6 Likes

Archaeology. More fishing achievements and items to earn by fishing.

False. Every expansion since Cataclysm has had Archaeology except for Shadowlands.

I don’t particularly care about this, as Brawler’s Guild is too challenging for my tastes. I completed it once but I did not enjoy myself.

Absolutely not.

Doesn’t award gear, but is gear-dependent.

LFR isn’t a solo activity. It’s raiding.

I don’t raid, even casually. I solo exclusively.

SL outdoor mobs are overtuned and uninspired. And it doesn’t matter anyway, because my character slots are full and Blizzard won’t add more.

I want archaeology. I canceled because there’s no archaeology.

My answer is Archaeology.

62 Likes

I could go to FFXIV, OSRS, ESO, or just about any other high profile MMO and get an infinitely better experience as a solo player, so the assertion that MMOs are not geared towards solo players is just…not just a wrong take, but a bad one.

Love it.

“Go play with our scraps and leftovers while we get the shiny new content.”

109 Likes

Putting the Slime cat in LFR would be a good start.

Then bump up the ilvl you get in world quests and double the pool of weapons you can acquire through WQs.

53 Likes

What? I mean, us PVE players are doing older content just in disguise of “new” content.

I mean, you’re probably better off going to those games because right now there’s not a lot to do in-game and this is coming from someone who does a lot of PVE. Now yes, I could’ve worded that better a little bit but still, and I’ll say this again, MMOS are meant to be enjoyed with others not alone. Besides, I also listed other things, like pvp for example.

OP knows the problem. She was previously in my thread and plenty of people highlighted the issue for her, namely that, yes, Shadowlands has a lot of solo content and none of it is really all that fun.

To her, solo content is all about quantity and not quality. Doesn’t matter how good it is. It’s in the game so technically we should be satisfied at that notion alone.

41 Likes

Ideally I’d like them to add quests to the current expansions zones each patch. Not world quests… but more quest chains that provide more lore and context to each zone, or to a particular faction or story. I like WoW for the quest experience, but that has finite replayability.

I liked the Forsaken/Blood Elf quests they added recently, I just wish there was more.

I like raiding and dungeons, but I don’t like doing the same stuff over and over, for years during an expansion. That causes me to burn out fast.

In any case, don’t get hung up on what other people are doing… it doesn’t matter to you. What I am saying is, mind your business. You’re asking questions you already know you won’t accept any answer that is given… this thread was made based off an argument you had with the OP of another thread and y’all couldn’t see eye to eye. Should have just left it there, imo.

26 Likes

You can enjoy MMOs with others without them ever joining your group or participating in mechanics with you. It is enough that other players populate the world. Anything beyond that is a developer agenda. I like to go to the park, for example, but I do not talk to people there or allow them to walk my dogs.

65 Likes

This here, I highly agree with. Shadowlands was overall a boring expansion. Nothing much to do, questing was extremely painful the entire time I was doing the main story I felt bored. Torghast was pure torture.

10 Likes

Yeah, if you put it that way then yes I agree. But I guess I am sort of confused as to what people mean by “solo content”, do you guys mean content like LFR? Or just doing normal content but not exactly socializing with people? Because I feel like I understand it but at the same time I don’t. I’m not saying you can’t enjoy wow without being social i am just saying is wow is more of a social game within certain aspects

1 Like

We thought we had something to work toward until it was taken away last minute. We can start with that.

23 Likes

For me, solo content is anything you can do without anyone helping you mechanically.

It’s when you don’t need anyone to join your party or to contribute damage or healing.

That’s what I consider solo.

I enjoy socializing during solo activities, especially fishing. I’ve made some great friends fishing side-by-side for hours.

26 Likes

This was an experiment they could of added experimtal world quests dailies and more levels of cyphers

5 Likes