To the people who are anti #pulltheripcord

That’s fair enough. Personally (and I’ve been there), I choose people over progress. I stuck with my BC guild (we were all bad) because I could get drunk and shoot the breeze on vent for hours with those guys. They’re all gone now though…

1 Like

No, there would be just as many ppl complaining about it still.

Covenant ability will not make or break your class. Everyone…Stop crying.

just seemed like the best of both worlds, a nice easy compromise that preserves covenant identity and limits swapping, but still lets us play with some versatility.

No you wont you might choose to but you don’t have too

I will enjoy my meaningful choice based on what I like for my character. If I get kicked from groups so be it. I will still enjoy playing the way I want be it class, spec, covenant, or anything else. I refuse to let someone tell me how I should play and enjoy the content

1 Like

thats good for you but that doesnt make a good argument against letting the rest of us change at will

1 Like

Oh, I would have to if there are performance issues.

tldr, but covenant class abilities need to be unlocked.

Why? Class abilities are too impactful whether you are casual, average or min/maxer. The builds you can create and play with using them can revolve around your class abilities. Also balancing happens frequently and if your chosen class ability is nerfed to the ground at least you aren’t stuck with it.

Example : Affliction Warlocks decimating bolt w/ soul drain combo is an entire build in itself that no other covenant could possibly match for them.

Solution: #PULLTHERIPCORD . However, leave utility abilities to covenants to retain flavor. If min/maxers wana suck eggs and let their eyes bleed over a utility let them, because they will do it anyway. Also rework soulbinds in some way where class abilities can still retain benefits of their original design.

1 Like

I fully agree with you. I see both points of it. Honestly I support being able to change at will. For those like me we don’t have to change the f we don’t want. But there are those that would
Need to be able. I see how that would gimp progression as well. Unfortunately I don’t see any way to make everyone happy so I stick with free will. (IE change at will)

10/10 best solution.

My point being if they are all allies what’s the lore reason for making a choice between them

1 Like

What really baffles me is that people keep saying something like “just join who you like, the class abilities don’t matter”, but at the same time they will say that without the class abilities, the choice would suddenly be meaningless, as if the class ability was the main building block of the covenant. If there’s one thing that wouldn’t take away from the choice of a covenant, it’s the class ability, because they are CLASS abilities. We would still have the signature ability that actually has a connection to the covenant, unlike the glorified talents in form of class abilities.

So, do they matter or do they not? You can’t have it both ways.

Just a heads up that I’m no longer arguing for a change at this point. It’s way too late and the entire system is so tangled up it would require a complete revamp to change anything. So now I’m just going around pointing out contradictions and misinformation.

3 Likes

It’s an mmo not a single player game. How many times does this have to be said. You also aren’t making this choice at character creation you make it after finishing the story.

You are 433 there are no groups that you would get kicked from because you are literally too low ilvl to get picked for any. You are lower ilvl than what world quests give.

Same reason you make a choice of class or faction. Bastion and Necrolord have their own identities.

I like that the choice matters. If you want to go with whatever you like, cool. If you want to go with what gets you big numbers, you can do that too.

Blockquote To me it sounds like a very selfish and bitter attitude that you want other players to not have fun for a change that would have 0 impact on you

Pot meet kettle.

You know you could do EXACTLY that even if we could freely swap?

1 Like

It’s a hypocrisy loop. They just can’t see it.

2 Likes

You mean cosmetics?

If that’s the only the difference you see between them I feel sorry for you.

It’s good news that they have replied to community concerns.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/development-update-the-road-to-shadowlands/638371