To the forum trolls gloating about the queue times:

Here’s my transfer story that I’m sure many can relate to.

My home server was Incendius, at the beginning of classic. It was a decent server with good balance, until multiple large guilds decided to transfer and turned it into a megaserver. Once the queues started happening, I decided I didn’t want to deal with them. Like you suggested, I decided on a medium population server this time.

I transferred to Kromcrush.

Kromcrush was a medium population server, not too small but not too big. It was slightly lopsided towards the horde, but our alliance community was strong and loved wpvp. I thought medium population was the best solution: no queues and a decent population to play with! Right? Sure, it was good, but then the alliance started trickling out to Benediction. Then the horde started following suit, and slowly it got harder to do even basic things. Trade chat slowly died, and groups dried up.

It wasn’t really a community anymore. So I decided to try to find a happy medium between medium pop and megaserver. I’d go looking for a higher pop server that wasn’t overfilled.

I transferred to Earthfury right before tbc launched.

Earthfury, at tbc lunch, was a large server with decent faction balance. Not as large as faerlina and Benediction, but it was peaking at 10k at the time. I decided this would be the best solution for me. High pop, no queues, faction balance.

Until phase 2 tbc happened. Alliance got griefed outside of ssc for so long that overnight the population of Earthfury was cleaved in half. Then the inevitable slow death began. my guild stuck it out until the very end, but the end did come.

We decided that if even a high pop server isn’t safe, then we had no choice but to immunize ourselves to population issues by selecting the largest server available.

We moved to Faerlina.

And now we can’t log in for hours.

I have no plans to transfer again. My next “transfer” will be transferring my mouse onto the unsubscribe button.

Fix your queues, blizzard. And to the trolls, I did what you said to do from the start, and all that happened was the server died each time. I’m not doing it again.

26 Likes

How are they supposed to fix them?

3 Likes

Not my concern. I have a pain point, solutions offered are not adequate to me.

magic obviously

2 Likes

What if the only way to fix queues is to… have people transfer off the realm?

4 Likes

I already stated what I would do if that is the only solution presented. I’m simply presenting my story.

Right, I’m just trying to have a discussion though. I’m just not sure of a way Blizzard can fix this unless people transfer off the server. And it appears that too many people have the “everyone else should transfer, not me” mentality.

2 Likes

yes because we’ve been there in the past and just ended up having to pay to transfer again. The faerlina and incendius situation is a result of people being tired from transferring to dead servers so they just chose to safely move to a megaserver.

4 Likes

You don’t have to pay a dime for these transfers. They’re free.

2 Likes

the free transfer is a one way ticket. transferring again like he said, would not be free

1 Like

Why would you need to transfer again?

1 Like

Re-read the post you replied to and ask him maybe, I was just pointing out he wasn’t complaining about the cost of the transfer off whatever realm he’s on currently.

1 Like

You “chime in” to literally every thread on the forum, at all hours of the day, always with some generic contrarian take. Just makes u look cringe AF my man. It’s not “trolling” if it’s not even funny

24 Likes

Exactly this.

Yes he is. It sounds like you need to read the post I was replying to before interjecting please.

I’ve bolded it.

3 Likes

No queues on Mankrik. :dracthyr_shrug:

There will be, I guarantee it.

1 Like

I looked every w here but I couldn’t find a TLDR

1 Like

That is because the post is meant to be read. Surprising, I know, that there is a baseline expectation like that on a text web forum.

6 Likes