To the casual / ex pvper. Why did you quit?

I quit PvP because they never balance it well.
Ret and DH are over here two tapping, but shamans die like a piece of cheese.

1 Like

Random BGs, people will intentionally not do the right thing.
People do not play to win. As a long time competitive gamer, I play to win.

This is compounded by people doing the degenerate grind of achievements BGs have to offer for titles.
It used to be no achieves, everyone just plays to win.
Then Battlemaster came out, and you’d start to see the decline in teammates, with 1 or 2 folks say “I’m trying x achieve, cover me!” Sure, that’s fine.
By now, it’s just a crapshoot.

Also, the abuse and misuse of reporting/afk flag is absolutely out of hand. Go do BGs, barely anyone dares to communicate because that report button pops up by mentioning you’re going to “disable him at flag” or what have you, and people will giggle like school girls and click the obvious invitation to report to ruin someone’s day. And blizzard doesn’t tell people what was said so the behaviour can be corrected, so the correct discourse is not to communicate in chat :man_shrugging:t5:

Never did rated, but use to play around in BGs and defend towns all the time before warmode. Now, nothing even has a chance to happen, and I dont like the PVP server (warmode on) life.

So, Warmode killed my casual pvp.

Ugh, I hate arena, only been doing it for elite sets, but I was far from chuffed when I learned that the Glad mount can only be earned in 3s. Do I have the arena skill to get the Glad mount even if it wasn’t only 3s? Probably not to be honest, but I’d like to try. I would prefer doing 2s, but that doesn’t get me the mount. :dracthyr_shrug:

1 Like

8 specs of 39 available make up >50% of matches.

I want to play Fury, and it’s absolutely trash in PVP.

PVP needs real balance.

Faction divide coupled with neglect on Alliance side. It isn’t fun unless there is a degree of parity with 2 factions. Gear inequality. Intentional ratings divers with alts. Other games are much more casual PvP friendly and even jump right in and compete while WoW caters mainly to hardcore WoW PvP’ers. It’s a lot of work to be functional in PvP with addons, macros, etc which is never worth it for a casual gamer.

Several years ago I was invited by a friend to play on a PVP server. I really, really was terrible at it. When alone my chances of survival were pretty low. However, it was a great server and the “PVP happens on PVP servers” mentality didn’t seem to be prevalent. Instead the atmosphere felt like players were playing to enjoy the game and letting other do the same. I truly enjoyed my time on this server… having to always be on watch for someone, just around the corner that might attack, added to the game…for me !! I understand why Blizzard disabled PVP but maybe now, with folks knowing that this play option could lead to being ganked, often or worst, camped and ganged, adding a few PVP servers, with an honor system, could work…
/Thinks to self: “this might work”

For me personally it was just boredom, pvp doesnt really change and i only played casually to get honor gear off of vendors and mounts from the vendor too. If there was a way to get old gladiator mounts from random BGs id go back to playing at least for a while.

One other thing is it annoyed me to no end to have scaling added to pvp, i got slaughtered working my way towards a full pvp set just to have Johnny Awesome in his heroic raid gear come in and wipe the floor with me.

My spec feels incredibly weak compared to other specs and healing is just stupid. I used to push at least 2100 every season, often reaching 22-2300. Now I can’t be bothered to go past 1800.

Also the rating cap is the dumbest thing ever. When I was hitting 1800 this season I legit played every game vs people with gladiator mounts. It was the most drawn out sweaty grind of long games for a simple transmog. I don’t find that fun or appealing at all. IMO 1800 shouldn’t be spam queues vs the top players in the game. They find new ways to make PvP less appealing every season.

“Oh, there ain’t no rest for the wicked
Money don’t grow on trees
I got bills to pay
I got mouths to feed
There ain’t nothing in this world for free”

Life, but I’m back now that it’s stable.

I loved PvP back in the day, but when they added arena to the game, it kinda turned into a “us v them” type deal, either you had a high rating, or you were trash. It just wasn’t anything like i was accustomed to, being in a queue with a bunch of people from my server to fight a bunch of hordies from my server. Progress happens i guess, it doesn’t mean it’s always going to be liked by all :woman_shrugging:

I just wasn’t having fun any more. Every attempt to cast results in an interrupt or micro-cc.

It’s like you’re trying to play the super marios and someone keeps slapping the controller out of your hands. At some point you have to admit to yourself the whole thing is ridiculous.

3 Likes

If this is a popular addon, it explains why people hit the wrong targets in shuffle

Because I was getting my culo handed to me.

Used to be on ED. Was a lot of WPvP happening before Warmode. Eventually moved to WRA shortly after WM became a thing. Still a lot of WM activities between both servers. Occasionally jump into WM every now and then. Nothing like I used to.

Battle grounds can be so lopsided that you can’t even kill one player on the enemy team.

Not to mention camping or the legion of bots which was likely brought about by camping.

I started then quit at launch in season 1 but I’ve been slowly playing back to back games to settle into it on my lock.

The problem with PvP is really that it’s obtuse. Too many skills, too much visual gunk (buffs, debuffs, procs) to pay attention to and too long to arrive at that game format.

They could fix it by having arena games for lower level players maybe but then the arenas will just be full of twinked out characters.

Also the whole bring back abilities was fine but why on earth did rogues get 2* CoS? Or Warriors 2* Charge? DKs 2* grip?

The 2* design needs to go away too. The primary reason why melee are dominating right now is because of this.

Personally I quit years ago because it stopped being fun or strategic. The hey day of pvp in wow was the 6 hour AVs or SS campaigns where people would sneak and the other team would counter the opposing team’s strategy. People on each side had roles whether organized by the group or determined by players . Plus the whole map was played.

Then it became the near exact opposite… the just rush in and end this fast .

Everyone seemingly adopted that.

One of the most boring things in this game is player mindset— not even the game itself. Everyone plays the game as a task list.

IT IS A GAME. Why is the goal the most people go for is hurry I want to get done.