To people thinking LFG addon will not be banned

So what happened to it not being banned? :slight_smile:

Um no, try reading everything else,lol.

Addons autoinvited in Vanilla and were never touched, you are assuming you know what they are changing.

I will say a “my bad” on misunderstanding you were only referring to the addon though.

Yeah I’m sure there were plenty of addons that allowed people to apply for groups and get autoinvited.

Keep dreaming.

Is that what I said? I was solely referring to the autoinvite function, which was part of a few Vanilla addons and was never touched.

Or maybe just maybe people dident use it couse they knew things would happen to it… There is a huge diffrence to the what people can considder to do, Blizzard already changed the API rather dramatically just couse of this, and are likely going to change it more…

The whole point with going back to playing classic, is to recreate the classic core experience, or as close to it as possible … The question never was, what can or coundent exist, the question is to keep classic within what it was back then…

what are you talking about here? the autoinvite function that a few addons had?

Plenty of people used that and Blizzard never had an issue with it.

Why are you still at it Studmuffyn? You lost. Let it go.

Lost? what did I lose? what are you talking about?

So, tell us, what “game breaking” topic is up for you’ll next?

Wait you have some proof of exactly what was changed in the Classic API ?

'cause there’s a ton of addon authors sitting in an IRC channel and like 3 discord servers that have yet to find exactly what the changes were.

I assume you have some concrete and specific data on exactly what was changed to make the statement “API got changed”

Please enlighten me so I can inform those addon authors waiting on it.

The argument. You spent several hours telling me that classic LFG would blend into the classic experience and not impact the game negatively. Blizzard has disagreed with you and is banning the add-on. There response was obviously polite, but understand that there will be no LFG in classic even remotely similar to the one in question or the one in retail. You are not accomplishing much by getting upset at everyone over it.

Classic is looking to be a fantastic game, and as it is right now there is nothing I would change about it. Add-ons that pollute the social design of Classic are incompatible with the game. This is not an add-on witch hunt as some apparently think it is.

You are right on all counts, including unfortunately your lack of trust in blizzard.

The ignorant masses are heaving with self satisfaction at getting the “evil” lfg addon banned.

There were LFG addons in vanilla, there were auto-invite addons in vanilla.

“we believe the nature of ClassicLFG is incompatible with our social design for Classic.”

They didn’t even make it to LAUNCH before failing in their commitment not to substitute their own retail-wow-dev judgment for the decisions reached by the vanilla team.

This is how Classic died, to the cheers of the masses, and I am kicking myself for even being able to post this reply.

I was hopeful enough to talk myself in to trusting blizzard one last time and resubbed.

Fool mistake.

2 Likes

Not a week before the server launches there weren’t.

I did that? No i argued about peoples perceptions of certain socialization with or without an addon.

Well no, it is not banned, they are changing the API so that certain parts they do not like don’t work, the creator is free to make one that conforms better if he wants to.

Im upset? no, that other poster took something I said and ran the other way with it, when all I was addressing was the autoinvite feature, than he proceeded to accuse me of things that I have never done.

I have/had ZERO stake or care about the addon, I had faith in Blizzard in doing what was best for Classic, i have no problem with it not working.

You say that as thought it has any bearing whatsoever.

Their existence is only relevant in so far as it demonstrates that the concept was permitted during vanilla.

Is this honestly the best you can do or are you just trolling?

1 Like

Easy; don’t let addons exchange information with other addons if the player isn’t grouped with the other player. In-group damage meters, threat meters, DBM-you-are-the-bomb style addons would continue working fine. Addons for posting global messages to other addon users like “LGF whatever group quest” would be useless since you’d have to be in a group with them to see their post, defeating the purpose.

Yes and you argued that they would be the same with or without the add-on. If that were true, blizzard would not have banned the add-on. Blizzard has instead sided with the concept that if the add-on catches on it risks transforming the way groups are created in classic wow.

It’s banned dude. The blue post is the kindest way possible of breaking the news.

19 posts in a single thread with almost all of them containing some degree of hostility seems pretty upset to me. Interesting, I wasn’t aware that you didn’t care enough about this topic to be this flagrantly active on almost every topic about it. You learn new stuff everyday I guess.

Dudes in this thread got absolutely dunked on. Good lord, lol.

1 Like

lmao. Guess you didn’t think that one out very well.

2 Likes

I love seeing your posts on all these threads. It’s actually very funny. The salt, I mean.

1 Like