To people thinking LFG addon will not be banned

21 Likes

Good lord this keeps popping up. I feel like I’m seeing add Alliance High Elves as an allied race in these forums with how many times this topic has been created lol

10 Likes

There is basically zero chance that it’ll get banned, I won’t say it’s truly zero only cause we’re dealing with Blizzard who has a long track record of bad decisions for WoW.

It’s a little more than chat parser with a visual interface and likely doesn’t even need any of the new API functionality to perform all its functions.

It includes everyone equally, even those who don’t have the mod unless they opt out manually.

Most people don’t even understand what it does and are just jumping on board cause their favorite streamers are pitching a fit and making videos that are gross misrepresentations of what the mod does.

It will not be banned, most of you won’t even notice it, everything is fine. Calm down.

15 Likes

I hope it’s not banned, this addon will make classic much more accessible to so many more people, it’s a real shame that some people are so selfish they want to take away something they won’t use from someone else…

12 Likes

Which is something they specifically state doesn’t matter in the video around the 42 minute mark.

2 Likes

No, actually what they’re saying it “Just don’t use it” isn’t a good enough argument, which is literally the opposite of this and has nothing to do with what you quoted. Completely different.

If the mod automatically includes everyone unless they opt out.

The mod will LITERALLY include your spam in LFG unless you opt out of it. If you dont have the mod and say “LF1DPS for cath” in trade or LFG it will create an entry in the mod interface that users can see.

If the mod ever sees you say “#noclassiclfg” it will not include your messages in its parses or interface.

It’s the new shiny. Nevermind how long it’s been available for download. It was not an issue an a streamer said it was.
This is the result of blizz’s influencer doughnut.
Notice they waited to talk about this until just before launch for maximum effect, even though that addon has been downloadable since at least the last stress test? Notice all of these new avatars, and seldom seen avatars pushing this?

2 Likes

Omar and Brian said in interview that any addon with any kind of automation will not be welcome in classic.

8 Likes

That video doesn’t say what you think it does.

That addon doesn’t do what you think it does.

2 wrongs don’t make a right.

7 Likes

Citation needed.

2 Likes

-“Simply saying to not use it isn’t good enough…”
Opting out of something because you don’t wish to use it is the same thing. If I don’t want to USE IT, I have to “opt out of it”. I.E. go through a process to not use something.

-“Keep the feel of classic…” It seems the consensus here and on Reddit is it doesn’t keep the same feel. Which again is mentioned in the video.

With so much negative feedback about this from the community chances are good it’ll get broken.
Then again Blizzard is known to do stupid things so they might ignore it. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

How do you break it without also breaking a myriad of other addons that communicate in the same way? Actually pitch a “here’s how, as a programmer, I would break this mod.” The only thing they can easily break is the auto-invite (and I think they should).

If you think negative feedback affects Blizzards plans how do you explain the MoP talent model still being in the game?

It’s not gonna change, I know its hard for a lot of people to hear because they’re scared the big bad add on is gonna ruin their Classic experience, but everyone just needs to settle down and find something else to be upset about.

There were a dozen different mods that had Auto-Invite. Mostly PvP oriented ones, but they’ve been around literally since just after launch.

Auto-Invite is in no way, shape or form even the most vague or remote of issues.

1 Like

EDIT: We got a blue response, time to eat my hate I suppose :smiley: - good news though!

And yet, it’s the only thing they can really prevent.

time index 30:40
2 Likes

The sky is falling

It already uses the new API, it doesn’t rely on what they’re talking about.

When all of the negative feedback is due to misinformation. Don’t get your hopes up for them to break it

2 Likes

iwe said this a few times now, i agree with you the addon as presented, is a chat parser and that is fine… BUT, that isnt the problem, the problem is the addon have the potential to do automation of social gameplay, where you essentially can set up groups with a tank, healer and three dps, all automated and automatic, and that possiblity of the addon, needs to be borken…

i just talked to the creator of the addon, you should ask him what he think of this automated possibility, thats what alot of us is against…

4 Likes

That is talking about character automation, not invite automation. There used to be mods that could put the most appropriate skill under your cursor for basically any situation.

They are not in any way referring to the functionality of this mod and it blows me away that anyone could get so confused as to think they are.

3 Likes