To Jen Oneal and Mike Ybarra

And that is different than now in what way?

But, yes. Ion has to go in order for pvp to have any chance of improving. Or, at least, his influence needs to be restricted to pve and raiding.

7 Likes

You are absolutely right, maybe not fire him, but put him where he should be on the PvE side. Like I said, they need to hire a GM that loves every aspect of PvP the way we do. After mop, they started mixing PvP and PvE there have been nothing but problems since then.

Like I said, there is no other game to even come close to what WoW does as far as PvP. It maybe three weeks or it may be three years, but sooner or later I’ll get tired of all the bull crap too, and then I’ll be gone.

1 Like

Back then, you had to PvP for PVP gear PvE gear was useless in PvP.

Agreed 100%. Mixing the two was a huge mistake imo. I don’t care if I have two sets of gear that I need to earn for PvP and PvE. That’s part of the fun of the game. But this system is Gear > Skill by a mile and it sucks!

Ion decided to try and merge them and it’s an absolute disaster! No shame in going back and doing it the way, I’d say, most people actually truly enjoyed. You tried, you failed, give it up.

Please go back to what worked and stop with trying to invent new systems that are terrible!

3 Likes

Okay, you are talking about a pvp-only stat which completely separates the two. Of course, now most specs need two gear sets but a few specs can use the same gear for both but with a item level penalty.

I’d be fine with the following:
a. get rid of the upgrade system – buy each piece once and done. this takes care of any gate keeping inclinations on their part.
b. if you have to have ilvls corresponding to pvp rank, from unranked to elite, compress it from 7 ilvls to 2 or 3.
c. perhaps introduce a “tier” of crafted gear below Honor that can bought w/ gold.
d. edit: be willing to change things like pvp talents a little more often, possibly rotating some pvp talents to the class’s base toolkit (if it’s mandatory all the time and locking out other interesting options).

2 Likes

Felt amusing in a moment of absurd over-caffeination. Need a do-over. :confounded:

I dunno, for a long time it wasn’t useless. My RL buddy was a high end raider so he never had time to PvP for gear. However always towards the end of the tier he would do random BG’s with me. He would absolutely blow people up. He died pretty fast if I wasn’t careful but man did he murder. Always top damage and kills by a mile. This was tbc-cata (he quit in mop, hated pandas).

I hate when people say useless… It’s such a poor over exaggeration. It gets used as an argument against separating gear and I hate it. Lol, seperate gear again so pvpers can have nice things.

From wowhead.

Some basic info:

There are three tiers of PvP armor: Dreadful (Honor Points), Malevolent (Conquest Points), and Malevolent Elite (Conquest Points + 2200 rating). Each of these armor sets has a distinctive tint.
All 2 piece set bonuses increase PvP Power by 300 and PvP Resilience by 600.
All 4 piece set bonuses increase PvP Power by 400 and PvP Resilience by 800.
PvP Power and PvP Resilience are new stats in Mists. PvP Power increases the damage you do to other players as well as the healing you do to other players in PvP situations. PvP Resilience continues to be a defense stat. These two stats will only work in PvP situations, helping to ensure that PvE gear will remain weaker.
Each set has class-specific 2 piece and 4 piece bonuses as well-

This was the keywords-helping to ensure that PvE gear will remain weaker.

Maybe your friend was just a great player. I may be getting one of the expansions mixed up a little, but I remember farming a ring or a neckpiece in one of the raids that was way overpowered.

That is mop I believe. I do believe they separated power a bit more there. Tbc-cata though resilience didn’t make you do more damage, just tankier.

He was very good at damage. Bit of a PvE ape lol but still… The point kinda stands. PvE gear was far from useless for a very long time.

I don’t want PvE gear to be useless now. I could care less honestly. I’d just like them to be separated so we don’t have to do this stupid rating locked gear system. Or insane grinds. The current system would work just fine if they would just commit to wod scaling and get rid of flippin rating locks.

1 Like

They dont care. They will never read this. They have NOTHING to do with game design or systems. Thats the lawyers fault. Send something to him.

It’s kind of ironic that they hire a law firm to respond to their own employees’ concerns while also having a lawyer (frankly it’s a skill issue) respond to player concerns…

Or maybe it’s not ironic at all…

1 Like

When it comes to PvP I want PvE gear to be useless Sorry, not trying to be rude, that’s just how I feel. But I also feel that PvP gear should be useless in raids. I’m going to say it may be just me here, but I’m assuming that there are a lot more players that just want to log in and do nothing but BG, s all day long every day.

This we do agree on.

3 Likes

best players should get best gears. thats obvious.
in arena, best players should use best gears to complete at the highest level.

however, bringing those highest gears into random bg is just wrong. they already have great p-skills. let them cap gears at highest honor level to stop the gear gap.

Naw. The more people that PvP the better. For a bunch of reasons but a big one is the more people that do it the more attention we will get. More balancing and more content. Also just as important is I just want PvP to be about competition. So if pvers come in with Garbo gear it kinda takes away from that.

For me they brought back wod scaling. Just bring it all the way back.

Questing/m0 gear is 200
M1-10/normal/heroic raiding is 210 = honor gesr
M11-15/mythic raiding is 220 = conquest gear
No rating locked gear.

Using last season’s numbers as I haven’t paid enough attention to this season. All around tighter scaling. Pvpers would likely still have a bit of an advantage as their gear would still have more vers.

1 Like

Sorry, but that’s how this all started, was trying to get more players from PvE Community to PvP, and it’s been a disaster since day one. Why is it so bad for a PvE player to start the same way that a PvP player does?

If a PvP player falls behind during a PvP season, he got to bust his butt and take his lumps, why should it be any different for a PvE player.

They need to separate the two, just like they did in mop.

P.s Back in mop I had 4 alts and I love to play all them, unfortunately since mop I’ve only had two now I’m down to 1.

I don’t know if I totally agree… I think Blizzard was losing subs a through cata/mop/wod and they had the finance guys force their hands to try a new formula. Hence the infinite grinds and m+ and rating locked gear. I can see why they thought it would work, I just don’t get why they continue to double down on it when it clearly doesn’t work.

Agreed mop I had 4-5 fully geared toons by the end. Did you play wod? Which is what I’m kinda advocating for and we already kinda have half way implemented. I had every single class at max and geared/gearing except hunter.

For me mop class design and wod gearing would be the perfect system.

3 Likes

I just cant emphasize this enough. It is important to discern positive construction criticism vs. negative criticism founded in self interest. Its understandable that one person is not going to get things done “their way”. But, when you have the community as a whole getting ignored, that is a real bad sign.

3 Likes

Whoever they hire as a PvP GM, that person needs to hire somebody to get feedback from the PvP community. Look at all the feedback, and the stuff that I’ve done is really not that hard.

I thought I recognized your name and I went back and looked at some of the post that I made And you said this about PvP vendors.

I’m not picking on you, XD but when you doubt things, sometimes they become a reality.