To Jen Oneal and Mike Ybarra

I’m going to speak to in game stuff, mostly about PvP.

PvP has been on a big decline recently, you got to start listening to your PvP community a little more, and you’re going to have to have tough skin. Your PvP community is very passionate about this side of the game, sometimes a little too much. I’m going to post a few ideas that I think may help PvP turn around, and I’m sure others will too, not all ideas will be good, but it will give you a general idea of what the PvP committee is thinking.

1. PvP for PvP gear It sounds simple, and it should be, but as it stand it’s not. You got to jump through so many hoops to be decent at PvP and gearing up alts right now it’s almost impossible.

2. Make all PvP gear attainable at some point, the ones does rated battlegrounds or arenas should get their gear quicker. But At some point, the ones that dose casual BG.s should also be able to get there.

3. Bring back blacklisting, maybe even substitute one out like Seething Shore, I don’t think there’s many people that like that one.

4. Bring back Reforging sometime, the stats you all put on gear is not what we want or need. Reforge made me feel like I had a little more control over my toon.

You know, one of my proudest moments was not in the game, but on these forums. I started a poll about PvP vendors, and it went big and Stoopzz came in and took it to a whole other level An we got PvP vendors back.

Putting up polls and getting feedback from your PvP community, I think it’s a good way to see what the fan base is thinking.

Anyway, I want to wish you good luck and I hope you can turn WoW back into the best mmo ever.

21 Likes

This part is huge. The only time many PvPers like myself come to the forums is when we are already defeated by the state of the game and lack of anything to address it. So yea, some come in here and are jerkfaces but it’s because they want the love the game.

I have left some comments that I have felt were harsh also, but I have played this game for 14 years and this is the first time I have just plain not enjoyed it due to borrowed power grinding and PvP gearing. I would rather PvE for gear than have so many ranks of gear and hoops to try to jump through. 50+ renoun, tons of questing (we are done leveling right???). Honor gear locked behind 59 renoun to get past challenger of S1 gear?

I am quite confused about all of these decision, but it helps their “metrics” and shows we are playing the game. Except, we aren’t playing end game, we are doing more leveling and homework.

PvP gear should be like MoP, that is the best recommendation I can make. Everyone can obtain the same gear, rated get it faster and there is only like 10 ilvl difference from honor to conquest (BiS).

They broke Stoopzz… and now he will be listed under toxic and ignored just because he cared enough to try to help and they made it pretty clear they don’t care anymore.

9 Likes

I hate to be that guy but I don’t imagine they have very much to do with game design within a single game. They are the head of all the blizzard games. (ie. diablo, wow, hearthstone, overwatch, etc.) They oversee the teams responsible of making these games.

In other words, we are still asking for Ion and his team for help.

2 Likes

I do agree with you on that mop was the best fun I ever had.

You may be right, but maybe one of the two will see this post and see some of the good ideas we may have.

I hope this is not the case, asking someone for help that PvE a lot more than he PvP is not a good thing. That’s why we are where we’re at now.

1 Like

The main problem is the large gap between non rated, 1400, 1600, 1800, and 2k the gap is just too large.

2 Likes

There is a lot of us that don’t like to do rated but love to do casual BG’s, I said this on another post I made I just don’t feel like typing it out.

All PvP gear should be attainable sooner or later. For the ones that does rated battlegrounds and arenas, they should get there quicker than the ones that does just casual BG’s. They gave us PvP vendors back and that was a big step in the right direction, putting a rating behind a players gear is a big step backwards.

When I log into WOW one of the first things I do is random BG’s Its fun it’s exciting and there’s no pressure. Yes, I like to win, like everybody else does, but losing a BG now and then never bothered me. With rated battlegrounds, the pressures ramped up ten times more, There’s a lot more stuff that you gotta put up with that I just don’t care for.

There is a lot of paying customers that just want to log in Play random battleground and gear our toons I think there’s a lot more of us than people realize.

13 Likes

Honestly I like rated PvP. Yet there are still plenty of times where I want to log in for a short bit and play some casual games. Or if no friends are on, instead of wading through the toxicity of lfg, play some random BG’s.

Can’t do that. Hence I’m playing virtually every other PvP game known to man. Also why I’ve unsubbed for longer and longer periods.

5 Likes

The general rule of thumb for PvP: If you come on to the PvP forums and it is solely 100% anger about OP classes and “BALANCE THE BLEEPING GAME”; you are on the right path and doing a great job (no sarcasm).

When you come to the forums and see an overwhelming number of posts about “PvP VENDORS RETURNING WHEN???”, “WHEN IS BLIZZARD GOING TO STOP MAKING US PVE - BFA SUCKS”, “Insert something about Ion here hating PvP and being a PvE lord”, and “BOOSTING IS DESTROYING THE GAME” You are going to lose a serious amount of players and are doing the wrong thing. Ion is a PvE lord, so stop him making Rated gear a thing. It only promotes boosting and players are ditching and leaving in droves. Even I haven’t played IN MONTHS because of this.

In conclusion, Mists of Pandaria and Warlords of Draenor were the glory days. Conquest gear was equal ilvl for all who put in the time to gather and purchase the pieces, meaning SKILL was the dominating factor not gear.

4 Likes

THIS 100%.

When PvP gear was equal ilvl I could care less about other games and companies; I came to solely do non-stop random battlegrounds for the ENTIRE expansion. Some AAA game could have came out and I wouldn’t have cared, I only wanted to play random battlegrounds.

6 Likes

I have played nothing but Wow since BC, there is no other game to even come close to what WoW does as far as PvP and that can be a bad thing. Competition can make a company strive to be better, so there are two things I think could happen. Blizzard hires a GM for WoW That loves every aspect of PvP the way we do, are PvP continues to have a slow dying death.

2 Likes

I don’t know who any of those people are.

Starting today, J. Allen Brack will be stepping down as the leader of the studio, and Jen Oneal and Mike Ybarra will co-lead Blizzard moving forward.

Play a class that has to sit bases. That’s anti-fun.

Jen Oneal is going to take the form of a bucket and Mike Yberra is going to take the shape of water and together they are going to put out the fire at Blizzard. Or something.

1 Like

I should clarify. I like arenas :rofl: rated BG’s I’ve only ever done with guildies in wod.

There was 10 ilvls difference between honor gear and conquest gear in wod - 730/740. If you normalize those numbers to the current ilvl and stat squish, that would be…3 ilvls? And the difference between current honor gear and max conquest is what? No wonder participation is dropping into a hole.

I enjoy sitting bases. But it feels so unrewarding.

1 Like

The only reason pvp declined after mop was because Ion took over. His vision was to break down barriers between pve and pvp. Back then u had to have two sets of gear pve and pvp. The dragonslayers didnt do well vs pvp stacked resilience sets. So ion started introducing templates and then full blown scaling systems.
So his idiocy has crippled pvp to its current state. The lead devs of pvp left with morheim. Throw on a lawsuit…this is as good as it gets from now on. Unless Ion gets fired we will always be left with a broken pvp system and the days of old pvp and what could of been are gone.
Thats a fact. /sadface

6 Likes

It still is, you’re playing it, right? :slight_smile:

More threads need Wonder Twins! :clap::love_you_gesture:t3:

Edited due to writing the equivalent of bathroom graffiti.

Man, doesn’t that sound refreshing. Honor gear being even 5-10 lower now would be an entirely different game. PvP should be weighted more toward skill than gear. Right now, it’s gear and zug zug that win most games. This is bad design.

2 Likes