To casuals looking for their game, try Guild Wars 2

… If there’s any left here… Try out Guild Wars 2. I recently started playing it again and as a casual player it suits me much more than WoW ever has. It’s much better for the casual playstyle, especially if you prefer PvP over PvE.

I think I originally quit playing it because the instanced PvE isn’t that great due to lack of trinity specs which is best for that type of content…but that’s the only con I have for it, but have decided the pros outweigh that.

Look up a popular server and have fun! You won’t regret it.

I thought I was tired of MMOs… but no, just tired of WoW.

7 Likes

I have also found ESO to be way more casual and solo friendly. Having more fun in ESO than I have ever had in WoW.

9 Likes

The movement and abilities in GW2 are the best in any MMO ive played imo. However do not go there looking for any pvp scene. Its pretty dead and it is plagued with bots and cheaters with free accounts. It is one of my favorite games, and as you alluded to its absolutely casual friendly.

I just love WoW’s atmosphere, lore and music… it’s worth my sub money for that reason alone. You know, sometimes people play an MMORPG just because they want to be in a high-fantasy world with an exciting and unknown adventure ahead… Not just following wowhead for best spec and min maxing chars all day.

15 Likes

Why are you here then?
Are you getting paid by those game companies to advertise here?

Oh you found me out! Uh, not, I’m just letting casuals know about a real casual game which WoW is mistakenly labeled as.

3 Likes

Try FF14! It’s a beautiful game.

I find comments like this really hard to believe when you are here chilling on the WoW forum instead of the ESO forum.

Already tried it… couldn’t stand only having 2-3 abilities in a rotation on the jobs I played… monk and rogue. Couldn’t stand it so much that I couldn’t be bothered to reach max lvl.

1 Like

Weird the things you mentioned are one of the areas I think WoW fails in.

I play ESO too once in awhile, but thinking about giving it up. I prefer more traditional MMO gameplay. And haven’t had any good PvP in ESO in quit a while.

I’m actually playing ESO while occasionally browsing this forum. Plus the forum is more entertaining than the game is.

Sometimes I just enjoy reading and posting on forums more than gaming. But anyways, I usually have multiple game forums open at once like I do now.

1 Like

Well that’s the same as WoW. You don’t get a full rotation till max lv. Monk and Ninja get pretty complicated too. You left way too soon!

1 Like

Op,sorry no take,Im too old and too stubborn for another game.plus I like wow as it is,sort of. :pleading_face:

There’s another forum for this. This isn’t a post about WoW. But at least it is about MMOs – so it’s better than some posts in this forum.

Question: What is a “casual”? I’ve heard different definitions of that word. Considering that (according to Blizzard) less than half the playerbase does any of the endgame content (raiding, PvP or Mythic+) any definition of “casual” that assumes one of those 3 activities is not acceptable.

Am I a casual? How do I know? I play both retail and Classic.

1 Like

Why are casuals looking for their game? What’s their game? Did we misplace this game? Did anyone look in the couch cushions? Don’t take my spare change if you find it!

3 Likes

Not that crazy I barely play WoW but I use the forums still

I’m actually probably going to update my ESO, haven’t opened it for a year so Im guessing there is a bit of stuff to download. Then I’ll go play it for a bit of a change.

There are things that really annoy me about it which is why I always tend to reach some sort of ‘fed up’ point and quit. Things like the fact that most of the real QoL stuff you have to pay for (like extensive bank slots), how you don’t get access to the bottomless reagent bag without a subscription, the lack of a central auction house, so its dominated by mercantile guilds, the fact that its a megaserver which isn’t kind on Oceanic players, etc. If it was a bit more ‘user friendly’ in those regards it would be a lot more fun.

/slowly sneaks away with the remote control

1 Like