To anyone confused by the Primal Invasion

2% drop rate? I just got two in a row.

2 Likes

My experience has beenā€¦

DK - fire and earth boss kill three times each, dimmed earth dropped once and the frequency of the item to buy things got less.

DH - fire and earth bosses once, no dimmed.

Mage - fire once and no dimmed

Paladin - fire once and no dimmed

Warrior - fire and earth bosses once, no dimmed.

The quests were a bit confusing in how they tie in with the over arching story. The gear from the vendor is really weirdly optimized in stats and 252 gear is really low. I ended up with around 550 of the currency to buy stuff, I still have more alts to take through this. It took a long time to get the boss kills.

On the upside, getting into the remake of dungeon was pretty fast for every toon, from nearly instant as a prot pally to about 5-6mins as dps. My groups were all pretty good and we freely shared loot we didnā€™t need. I would like for it to be a little more challenging but it felt decently tuned on my mage at 230 ilvl.

2 Likes

Does Khadgar offer his quest for 30 Essences daily or is it a one time quest per character?

1 Like

Daily, but after the 2nd day itā€™s a blue daily quest not a yellow one, so itā€™s hard to pick out in all the visual noise on top of the tower.

2 Likes

Its dailyā€¦

2 Likes

Same boss for three hours total. Then itā€™s random which one will pop up next in each zone.

Also, Tirisfal Glades is bugged and hasnā€™t spawned yet anywhere.

4 Likes

Yep I found out what you said the hard way. Wonder what was going on.

As for the suffering part , maybe tonight was just a good night on my realm (Elune) but it was easy peasy.

In im guessing here three hours I play (mind you there was time wasted in there where I was just screwing around with my evoker) I got all the slot pieces except I need a ring and I donā€™t think I got the bracers yet. I get that done tomorrow.

Surprisingly both alliance and horde tonight were actually working together. Even with faction tagging it seemed we split the amount of mobs pretty equal and weā€™d help each other kill (finish off) mobs that werenā€™t even tagged for our faction.

The final (though I do realize people could have been on private discords cursing people out) thing that was amazing not too much crying in chat or ā€œkekā€ stuff in yells or /say .

Anyway people were just playing together who knew that could happen. :wink:

Air event just showed up on my Realm Cairneā€¦first time I think tooā€¦its at the Craterā€¦

1 Like

This. On special, limited-time events like this, the tag limit should be removed. For non-elite mobs, you should get credit if youā€™re even standing within 40 yards of them when they die since theyā€™re almost impossible to tag.

Didnā€™t they get rid of this in the first pre-patch?

1 Like

Tirisfal didnā€™t work out, so 3 zones.

1 Like

Yep, I got it there this afternoon after grocery shopping.

I have done the events 5 times now. I used 4 diff chars for 4 diff elements. Got the heirloom trinket parts first time for each boss. Each on a diff char.

Of course, that means I donā€™t think I have the achievement for doing all 4 bosses - I think that is on one char?

At least the grocery shopping got done while I waited for Air.

1 Like

FYI: You also get the daily even on the day you do the one-time quest, so if you donā€™t mind going right back out to another invasion, you can get 60 bonus essences on the first day, and 30 on subsequent days.

I have been doing these events even in warmode and found that there is no faction tagging for either mobs or boss. If mobs are going gray, it probably is due to the sheer number of players tagging them rather than any faction tagging.

As Alliance, for example, you can work together with Horde in small groups and everyone can tag everything. Just watch your cleaves and AoE!

Yes, the Feat of Strength has to be done on the same toon, and because it is a feat there is no way to track in game unless you have a macro for it.

1 Like

Yeah I missed one earlier today I had to lay down my back was killing meā€¦and my sleep is all out of whack with my health issuesā€¦not sure if the Air showed up then but when I signed in about 20 mins ago there was no Air one then wait and it finally showed up.

Oh no! I completely get that one. I hope it starts to feel better for you.

1 Like

P.S.: The Wowhead page does have comments with macros to track the feat now:

No one has confirmed that this has to be done on the same toon, but from my experience it was toon-specific.

Well, seems they pushed an update in the past little bit. Once it is done I will go check. If I got the achievement is account wide. If not, it is per char.

Grrrr no drop for the Air Boss ā€¦just need air to make Loomā€¦guess Iā€™ll just hang out and wait its only 30 mins respawnā€¦

I can confirm it needs to be on the same toon. I have the heirloom made and no achievement. I got the 4 heirloom parts on 4 diff chars.

2 Likes

Or look for groups in Group Finder. (Most groups are warmode off unless specified otherwise.) There might be some kind of daily lockout on free gear drops, but you can definitely get the BoA Dimmed Essence and Primeval Essences on subsequent kills.

These type of things usually are this way ā€¦that it has to be earned on each toon if you want itā€¦