To anyone confused by the Primal Invasion

4 Potential Zones, Seems only 3 will ever be up at the same time. (Cannot confirm all 4 being active at once)

In each zone are 4 Primal Elemental Rifts. You may notice that only ONE of them has a Cooldown Timer of 3 Hours. This Timer is for the duration of the Rift but I have seen one in Badlands literally respawn in Badlands for another 3 hours.

THE ONLY RIFT THAT WILL SPAWN THE NPCS IS THE ONE WITH THE COOLDOWN, THE OTHER THREE RIFTS WILL NOT SPAWN ANYTHING REGARDLESS OF HOW LONG YOU WAIT, I DO NOT KNOW IF THIS IS A BUG OR INTENTIONAL, BUT DO NOT BOTHER WAITING AT ANY OF THEM EXCEPT THE ONE WITH THE COOLDOWN LISTED OR THE FLAMING SKULL ON MAP (Which means the actual boss has spawned. Respawn Timer unknown.)

My suggestion is do not attempt this on High or Full Servers. You will not have a fun time. Group Tagging and Opposing Faction Tagging mobs is currently controlling the majority of the spawns in the ONE RIFT AREA that everyone has been funneled into, into three zones across the world. I have attempted twice now to get the Fire Elemental Boss and before my Hunter can even get off an Arcane Shot due to the INCREDIBLE LAG. They will die from the 40 Dracthyr who all casted the blue beam of death.

Happy Suffering my fellow Sadists.

24 Likes

This is good to know. I was really confused standing around waiting for spawns.

3 Likes

Quibble. Going to the “non rift” areas is actually the best way to complete the 1 time and/or daily quest for 10 runes or whatever and give a hefty chunk of BOA tokens. I’m currently in the process of cycling through that on some of my better alts so all I’ll have left to do is get the last 2 heirloom trinket pieces and can be done with this not so fun thing. The actual 252 gear isn’t that enticing since I’ve been on the DF beta and know you get better early and quickly. Even shoddy geared toons will be perfectly fine to start DF and there is no reason they can’t just get the 226 anima gear from ZM even.

7 Likes

I waited at one for a good fourty minutes and never saw a single mob spawn, so perhaps compared to a server like Moon Guard, you are lucky.

1 Like

yeah, I bought the toy, and that bag for regents…
but really the gear is not even good looking. Was gonna buy it so I would have something to spend the currency on, but totally uninspired design. Now…nothing to spend it on, and I will get more doing the invasion things for the trinket…but…for the next cple weeks…? thats…it?
and I am not messin with the new race…dps/healer only…I run tanks…and 1 mage for a switch up sometimes…besides, they look like lizards with a snake head, lol…but…hope others like them

3 Likes

I mean I dunno what to tell you. Just did it in badlands (saw my first bugged boss too) and been doing it in Ungoro and Badlands. Usually just finding a group of people and tagging stuff with them. Get 10, hearth, do it again, dalaran hearth, turn the daily in. Move onto next toon.

3 Likes

i tried the firelord in badlands, idk if its overtuned for lower lvl but it was impossible to avoid the one shot from mass ignite, and yes, we were using the fire shield to prevent dmg

3 Likes

To note, in my testing:

You can only loot essences once per boss per day. This has changed.

I do not know if gear or heirloom pieces can drop on subsequent kills of the same boss in the same day, but I know you don’t get more of the essences.

1 Like

My observation is that the bosses continue dropping currency, but not gear. However, I was able to get gear off of the Fire Lord in the Badlands and the Fire Lord in the North Barrens, so it might be per invasion point and not per boss. However, I did kill the two fire Lords during different three hour blocks, so maybe the lock expires every three hours and is by boss and not by invasion point? It does appear as if only the invasion points with a timer are spawning more than just a few non elite mobs. There does not appear to currently be anything in Trisfal Glades which contradicts information on I found on wowhead, but maybe that will change at the end of the three hours? It seems only fire and earth Lords are current spawning on my server, and there does not appear to be anything water lord related. The storm invasion points seem to just be non elite trash. Again I am assuming the situation will change at the end of three hour cooldown.

2 Likes

I have only seen Fire and Earth lords even after timers have reset its still fire and earth, is it random or?

5 Likes

Bosses spawn every 3 hours?
Or
Bosses spawn in one area for 3 hours?

2 Likes

After having three expansions with decently designed outdoor invasions / assaults / events, how did we end up with something so primitive and unintuitive?

This event should be more snappy. Kill mobs, kill boss—mobs and boss spawn again in a few minutes. Rinse and repeat. There should be a quest hub to help people feel more rewarded rather than have this be a monotonous mob grind. All four elements should be active at once. There should be no tag limit.

I hate to keep complaining, but both the design quality of outdoor content and the power level of the rewards from them is dropping with each patch.

17 Likes

You can only loot essences once per boss per day.

Not true, was leveling an alt 50->60 and got essences, gear, and the dimmed item multiple times from killing the same boss over and over.

2 Likes

Yes it can.

1 Like

This is gone.

This still exists.

There were many greyed out tagging it was very difficult, at the fire boss everything was greyed out, all of this was in a dead server sharded with everything else. Other bosses the same as fire. They were very large raid groups tagging it and making it impossible. I even joined a group still competing with other groups, greying stuff out.

:panda_face:

1 Like

Nope. I’ve gotten about 29 essences from each kill. I’ve been farming them for the heirloom drops. Currently waiting on 4th respawn for the earthen in blasted lands.

As far as I can tell, it’s rng. There is not daily limit.

I don’t want to admit it, but I’ve been out here for 6 hours already lol.

2 Likes

Each zone there is only one area that is teaming with elements and a world boss .

Kill each elemental world boss and get shinies :+1:

1 Like

Well give it a few days and I’m sure the number of players doing them will drop.

2 Likes

Thanks for this as I was confuse as hell as to why it was showing only one rift with timer.

1 Like

You alrady have 2 pieces??

It’s a 2% drop chance. I’ve killed 8 fire bosses and had zero drop.

1 Like