To all those against refunds

Why does it bother you so much that people want compensation for a change in multiple items they purchased with in game gold?

Why does it bother you so much that people want at least some form of compensation for the change?

Regardless of the game bringing in built in exp changes, why are you so annoyed by others?

Does stating that you’re against refunds make you feel better about yourselves?

Why not ask for some form of compensation? It never hurts to ask.

104 Likes

Because you don’t understand the impact of the change.

It doesn’t hurt in the sense that you can’t lose any more money but it’s just petty and some people want to let you know. This is pretty clear cut.

21 Likes

Maybe we’re all sick of earning things and then having them taken away?

73 Likes

They are making it super fast to level w/o the loom bonus. Too fast imho.

13 Likes

Meh, I’ll just use the RaF 50% XP buff in its place. Won’t hurt me any.

3 Likes

Why does the impact of the change matter?

If people are unhappy, give them the option of a refund. It’s just good customer service. Making people unhappy for no reason has no benefit.

36 Likes

I don’t care if they refund you or not. People will complain about the change refund or no, because they want to level immediately for free, and failing that faster than other people.

It isn’t about gold at all.

9 Likes

Oh, I get it now. You’re just a troll. You really not value your time huh? If that’s what makes you happy, I won’t take it from you.

2 Likes

It doesn’t bother me.

It doesn’t bother me…

I just know it isn’t going to happen. They didn’t refund all the money spent on talent respecs. They didn’t refund dual talent fees. They didn’t refund the gold spent on learning class abilities.

It is really doubtful that they are going to refund Heirlooms. At least with heirlooms, you’ll still have them and can still use them.

32 Likes

I don’t care. I bought my heirlooms years ago, but further, they’re not going away – they’re just changing. Why refund something that you get to keep?

26 Likes

Here’s the thing though, why not ask? Yea sure they probably won’t do it, but why not at least try?

1 Like

Ad hominem isn’t an argument. People who disagree with you are not trolls.

There is no benefit to Blizzard denying a refund. They are changing an item and adding a vendor who buys it back would take them minutes to implement.

11 Likes

Sure, a thread could have been made to ask. Everyone could have replied to it. However, when there are dozens, it becomes whiny and spam.

13 Likes

That’s completely understandable, but then again people want their voice to heard and why not honestly.

2 Likes

Most of the threads and posts aren’t asking, they are demanding.

I mean, whatever, do what you want, but I don’t expect that will work.

5 Likes

It isn’t really a democracy.

4 Likes

They’ve never compensated people for price changes on in game features.
If a mount became easier to farm, no one got compensated for spending huge amounts of gold on the mount.
They didn’t compensate anyone when they removed expansion specific flight training.
They didn’t compensate anyone when they made flying cheaper.
They didn’t compensate anyone for the water strider mount.
They didn’t compensate anyone for spec changing fees when they introduced duel spec or when they made spec changing free.
They didn’t compensate anyone for purchasing spell ranks when they dropped that system.

They’re not going to compensate you for removing XP from heirlooms.
:beer:

32 Likes

Well that’s true, blizzard is going to have the final say about any refund potential, buts there’s nothing wrong with asking.

2 Likes

And look where Blizzard is now.

They’ve gone from a company which can literally do no wrong to having an irreparably damaged reputation.

It’s almost like constantly making everyone unhappy through intransigence has taken a toll.

Adding a vendor to reverse this trend is easy. Keep the heirlooms if you want. Sell them back (Limited to one time per heirloom to prevent abuse) if you aren’t satisfied.

2 Likes

Just because you’ve experience no refunds in the past doesn’t mean asking for compensation is a bad thing.