To all the people being negative about sod

I hate incursion, and I think a lot of players dislike it. There is no cure for sod as the economy and leveling experience are ruined.
They promised all tanks would be good but they left my rogue tank with negative AoE threat while adding 385638 adds to bosses.
World buffs like songflowers, DMF, and future DMT are still painful chores.
Classes like spriest, shaman, paladin rampage like gods.
I can’t enjoy SoD atm with all the bullshts they introduced in p3.

2 Likes

You’re right, i havent seen the numbers, but last i checked Blizzard hasnt released any numbers in a long time. With Cata being the new current thing, im convinced that some players have swung over there. And Cata was as stale and boring as an expansion can get and that was back in Blizzards prime. Theres a reason why private servers are FTP. They content graveyards. Its whete the old go to relish in their membaberries. But even as far as private servers go, no one ever made a cata server thst stuck around for more then a year because of how dreadful cata really was. SoD will be SoD, and when the cata hype dies down, many will flock back to SoD, others will move on to greener pastors, but this whole SOD dying argument is foolish as its all just testing grounds on what can Blizzard do with old content to try and keep it fresh. SoD is grest at a few things. I enjoy the rune hunting and love to continue seeing more of that. Turning old dungeons into raids has been cool too. Did you know that we arent even 60 yet and there’s still so much they can do?

2 Likes

I’m completely all for this type of rewards for PvP. Especially for those that have hit the honor/rank cap it gives some kind of initiative or w/e you call it to actually keep doing bg’s/pvp even with these horsecrap blanket nerfs.

2 Likes

People hated gnomer, I hate Sunken Temple. Any fight mechanic that requires everyone to stack and move as one is the lousiest gaming experience I can endure. Sucks!

You are the reason why i made this post :crazy_face:

Your post is the reason I posted.

^average shaman main POV

mages don’t do two shotting in SoD, but they still get two shot. mages deserve to complain man. frost has been a dead spec for 3 phases, fire was good at cheesing dungeons but who cares? there’s literally a more efficient gold farming method available to everybody that ruined the economy WAY worse than people thought some mages farming SM over and over would

1 Like

2-3 instances to grind + open world & semi-comparable exp/hr and gph whichever route you take is no where near as conclusively destructive to the game as a single, semi-autonomous loop without having to kill mobs in a small corner of one zone being 1000x more exp and gold than anything else.

“People would just do instances” ignores glaring issues incursions caused and still do because of miss tuned rewards compared to open world or instance content. Particularly regarding server economy inflation

But this is a seasonal server designed to rush leveling in favor of raids and runes, so incursions being massively overtuned compared to even the most optimal classic routes makes perfect sense if the goal is to negate leveling entirely.

3 Likes

I’m aware of Spell Hit. What I wasn’t not aware of is a spell miss is ‘read back’ as “Resisted”.

And, really, it’s moot because they already did the change in damage type to Crusader Strike, while keeping it a “physical attack” for calculations. Just do the same for Divine Storm.

tf are you even arguing about it for??

Silly forum goer interprets people having a normal conversation with him as “arguing”.

Did all the players who quit tell you that? Any evidence?

Oh that’s right, this is some hard cope because you know not everyone who quits will return.

And the numbers phase by phase show that. That’s recorded, your opinion isnt

I don’t see your evidence against my opinions sweaty.

Nah, this ain’t it.

Being able to actually have gold has been great. Phase 2 involved being perpetually gold-starved as there was no way to make gold with GDKP banned and no legitimate ways to farm gold since everything was botted. Incursions allow you to actually make gold in a game with no dailies and content as heavily botted as it is.

What open world? I have 5 50s, all of them went through stocks, then GY, then Lib, then Arm, then Cath. That’s a level 15 range with almost no questing.

What are your other options? Get ganked in STV? Kekw.

On that note, as least Incursions actually have world PvP.

That’s called burden reversal - a logical fallacy.

The burden lies on the one making the claim

That would be you

Orc Shaman everything seems to check out here.

2 Likes

wow copuim strong with some people try playing a mage they suck pretty bad right now. the balance is worse now then it ever has been.

2 Likes

Maybe they suck in PvP, and maybe they suck in raids…

But they still serve a role outside of that. Still kings of AoE solo farming.

Orc Shaman seems to check out here.

2 Likes

yeah dude totally, people rolled a mage in SoD to be good at AoE solo farming and that’s it. except now incursions exist!

2 Likes

“I think the game is great”

• says the class that’s single handedly killing the game
2 Likes