To all the people being negative about sod

common Balthalor selective quoting to misrepresent what you’re saying

1 Like

Imagine not realizing what YOU consider fun and what SOMEONE ELSE considers fun MIGHT NOT BE the same thing. Maybe YOUR view might be slightly more biased than someone else… WELCOME TO ENTERTAINMENT… IT’S COMPLETELY UP TO THE PERSON PARTAKING.

People who say ‘I can’t believe people call this fun’ are the same people who heckle at a comedy show or take what they say seriously. Not liking a game is fine, saying someone else is dumb for liking it? Tell me you’re a narcissist without telling me you’re narcissist.

2 Likes

I gotta be honest, I think incursions are a large reason in the “nightmarish” fallout in numbers. Should have never been a thing, especially on pvp servers.

2 Likes

Just say you hate shamans, it’s okay, there’s a handful of people and their alts that agree with you.

1 Like

Amen. Even tho I am a paladin main i will say it was a great experience. Alliance players arent the best pvpers and paladin are not great so i was already expecting not to be good in sod. People really think a holy paladin spec is supposed to kill people 1v1? they are delusional

2 Likes

Okay?

Divine Storm is the last ability we have that still does Physical damage. The rest all do Holy damage.

Hmm, maybe we should start giving mobs (and players) some base holy resistance and immunities since like 75% the classes gotta deal with it except for priests, paladins, warriors. Give you reason to want some physical damage.

I just don’t get it.

People talk about Incursions killing the open world as if Scarlet Monastery didn’t exist.

People keep talking about wanting one-a-day caps on Incursions, well unless we see caps on instances you have a worse and more boring grind anyways. At least Incursions are in fact actually open-world world content where you interact with other players and experience world pvp.

2 Likes

I mean, I get ‘RESISTED’ on Exorcism and Holy Shock all the time (not “all” all, but probably around 10%).

Also. Warriors deal with ‘resistance’ every freaking swing. It’s called Armor.

If you go back to before SoD had actually released there was a Dev video. The entire point of SoD was advertised as “you will be powerful.” Then they rolled into the concept that the “new” content would be tuned for that power level.

In other words you were supposed to be OP in normal content. Which they then spent a lot of time on nerfing classes so that you were pretty much just a classic toon with runes. Which I guess is whatever, but it’s bait and switch to be clear.

Instead of rehasing everything yet again I’ll skip to the 20 player thing.

In phase 1 even my small guild could have run three 20 player teams with ease. By the second week of phase 2 we really had about 10 to 12 core members left. Which is really awesome when you think about the fact that 20 player content wasn’t even coming until phase 3.

This is why various alliances/coalitions/whatever you want to call them came into existence. Even the top Alliance guilds on LL were in there trying to find people… it wasn’t just casuals or what had been small guilds.

That’s the result of a lot of questionable decisions… and threads like this just make me wonder what the concept is. There is a reason people are negative. We aren’t migrating servers because 5 or 6 people quit (lol). Especially on a seasonal experienment that has a limited lifespan. It should be pretty obvious that people are going to be negative.

Right now it’s like we don’t even have a Dev team. How can you lock a server to force people off of it and suddenly have it be unlocked with ZERO official commentary as an example.

Makes me wonder if we’re going to be seeing a news story soon about the dev team being consolidated.

Oh, you don’t know about spell hit. You’ll learn big time how that works once the mobs are 3 levels above you.

See what you’re talking about is when you miss your spell because you aren’t spell hit capped. You need 5% spell hit for equal level, 6% for 2 levels higher, and 16% spell hit for 3 levels higher. That’s a whole lot more than the 9% physical hit you need for your physical attacks.

But I was referring to actual resistances for partial spell damage reduction due to the stat on your character sheet. Holy resist isnt a thing in Vanilla, so you don’t worry about that. You’ve clearly never seen your holy damage randomly do 1/4 damage because of a partial resist, but other casters do.

making +hit and +crit apply to melee and spells would have been a nice change for SoD.
SoD-specific gear gets around with by many items specifically stating the hit/crit bonus applies to melee and spells.
this is something that was lacking in TBC and resolved in WoTK,
gearing for +hit (melee and spell) for PVP was annoying as a Druid in TBC.

1 Like

says the shaman lol,…

TBC got around that by giving ele shamans a spell hit/crit totem.

1 Like

Says the player who plays every class besides mage, rogue, and paladin.

lol no, devs suck at their job. I could do a better job.

3 Likes

“People who have a different opinion than me are wrong and probably Nahzees!”

2 Likes

The devs have done an objectively bad job at managing SoD and at developing content and at class changes all 3.

They are doing a bad job with SoD

We need them to understand they are doing a bad job they start doing a better job

But whatever you and the other 10 people who still log on have fun pretending otherwise I guess

1 Like

You either play one or don’t PvP.

Yes, I think the class is monstrously over tuned and seems to have come out on top in this iteration of the game (so far). The grind to 7 is terrible as alliance and it becomes rapidly apparent that Shaman’s are currently too strong in a PvP setting. It’s a pretty widely agreed upon point on the alliance side, anyone who has done the grind says the same thing. There are other classes that are very strong… but none of them are ever nearly as impactful.

Just run into the talent calculator and look at the runes they can simultaneously socket. No other class has it that good. Shadow priest gets close but still have a few “dead” runes from a PvP perspective.

A shamans opinion the game is fine. Most OP class.