To all the Crying AV Premaders

Let’s be real here, the change to AV is a godsend and arguably long over due, and this is coming from someone who got R12 back in vanilla, and has done an insane amount of bgs and PvP. No video game company should ever allow any competitive match to start in an unfair fashion, and that’s what was happening inside AV for most pugs for quite some time. It needed change.

Your argument that you can no longer attempt to queue as a raid is actually false as well. Blizzard made group queueing into av that much easier. You are now guaranteed to get a party of 5 into the same bg. Additionally, there will be no more partially filled AVs, so whenever someone queues they are most likely going to get the newest AV that pops up. So now, instead of arranging for 40 people to group queue simultaneously, all you need to do is to get 8-10 groups to queue simultaneously, and you are most likely guaranteed to get at least a partially filled AV with your premade. The biggest change is each party needs to group with 4 other people on your server. I think you all can manage.

So relax, the world isn’t ending, this change is long over due for the sake and integrity of the battleground. You’ll wake up Tuesday to a small change to the battleground, all will be well, and you can mindlessly farm AV as you did before.

13 Likes

I don’t think anyone is crying. But it is adorable that they actually had to make an in game fix specifically to help the horde win a very linear bg. Honestly I think it’s funny more than anything.

21 Likes

this applies to all the moaning for anything - it’s a game - play it or don’t - it’s entertainment - ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!?

2 Likes

thats the issue

2 Likes

the alliance wont queue in a party of five because its not enough for an easy run the boss and win.did you know how they do the av discord its not just about the number they queue in to?

its about if they have the right comp to an easy win more then one tank and healer.thats why they have queue doggers to see if they got the right comp for the av number they can get in to.

now that is over the alliance wont queue for av anymore and switch to exploiting wsg for quick 3 caps and the horde only gets hks when they lose no bonus honor.

so the horde should not be queing for wsg.

1 Like

They did it. MORE to fix the half and 1/4 filled avs you guys would leave in the dust for your insta gratification wins…its like taking all the life boats off a sinking ship b4 the women and children in the steerage compartments get up on deck.
It was really pathetic how a lot of you treated your fellow alliance players and none of these pre made participants have ever acknowledge this

20 Likes

Do we need another bad winner thread?

Blizzard saw there was an issue, they’ve attempted to correct it. Can we stop gloating now and be a little classy? Please?

5 Likes

:cry: I shall shed this single tear.

1 Like

That’s literally not why they did it. They did it because a large significant portion of AVs were partially filled, ruining the experience for the unfortunate alliance players having to start a match 5 vs 40, 10 vs 40 etc. The main cause of this was premades dodging queues. Therefore, they rectified the situation by removing bg #s . It had absolutely very little to do with the fact that alliance were queueing as 40 man teams into the bg.

If for example, premades NEVER queue dodged, I do not believe for a second that this change would have ever been necessary. You can chose to not view the facts of the situation, but that does not mean they do not exist. There were huge problems in AV for a noticable fraction of the solo queue player base, and they did what was necessary to fix it.

9 Likes

If this were true they would have just had the change where games started with less than 20 people and that would be it.

Yes, just like they have now corrected the PVP server pop imba, by nerfing the honor decay for HKs. Oh, wai…

3 Likes

That still would not be enough. The average pugger has gotten smarter, and a large percentage of these puggers no longer join old AVs and instead only join the newest AV. As a result the people that are already in a given AV would still have to wait even longer for a match to start, sometimes even an additional 10 mins. Now, imagine being horde waiting 30-40 mins for a queue to pop only to have to wait another 10 for the game to start.
So instead of apply a bandage fix, you fix the problem at its root. The problem at its root was that premades were dodging MANY games causing MANY games to be partially filled. My solution would have been to give Q dodgers a deserter debuff that last X amount of time, but honestly this solution is much kinder and works just as well IMO.

4 Likes

Let me just make one thing clear. No matter what the argument is. I have zero sympathy for horde whenever it comes to pvp. Whatever happens to you, you did it to yourself. That’s a fact

5 Likes

Well thankfully Blizzard doesn’t share your view, it seems.

Also, you’re conflating facts and opinions.

6 Likes

What the horde made the q problems themselves? No that’s a solid fact.

2 Likes

The player base made these problems themselves. Listening to streamers and being more worried about avoiding people who don’t speak english than balance.
Allies and Horde could have worked together to organize that.
Nope. Stack the servers. A bunch of people who should have rolled pve instead of pvp. Streamers promoting OP horde racials (arguable.) And the “real Vanilla experience is on PvP servers”. Oh and then there’s the name reservation that everyone was so worried about their common name being taken.
Yea. That’s what made this mess. All that P2 salt/vengeance is just people mad because of their own bad choices.

2 Likes

I’m not saying people should be sympathetic towards horde (by now, I have a 60 horde toon and a 60 alliance toon). Is there a large imbalance between the number of horde pvpers and alliance? Absolutely. Are the horde doing much to resolve this issue? I imagine a very tiny minority (like myself) might have rerolled alliance, but it won’t really make a dent in the grand scheme of things. Will problems continue to get worse? I imagine so until either horde begin quitting in droves or rerolling in mass. Should the blame go exclusively to horde players? No. A lot of this has to do with Blizzard not disclosing the insane imbalance between horde pvpers and alliance pvpers. Will blizzard resolve this going forward by introducing faction swap or something similar? No idea, only time will tell.

In the meanwhile, one of two things is most likely going to happen. Alliance AV premaders will first try the group queue method trying to get into an AV premade (and realize its successful or unsuccessful nature). If successful, keep playing AV, and if not successful then just premade WSG (which would be a breath of fresh air). We will all find out more on Tuesday. Until then, everyone (perhaps except premaders) should be happy with the upcoming changes to fix problems arising solely due to premaders.

1 Like

Again with the opinion.

I could just as easily say it’s a fact that the alliance are causing the queue problems by one or more of:

1. Ally just not AVing an appropriate amount
  2. premades causing an artificial deflation of the alliance AV population because of barriers to entry and the costs of trying to PUG
  3. Ally premade strats causing horde alter their strategies that lead to longer games when not facing premades, leading to longer queues

Or are we talking about some silly P2 revenge stuff.

See – you don’t “find it adorable” - you’re pissed that the advantage was taken away and you’re trying to soothe your upset by stamping your little foot and mocking others… Anyone who thinks the battleground was in any way fair (either on Alliance pugs or Horde vs Alliance premades) is either deluded or being deliberately obtuse. I play Alliance in Classic and won’t run with premades because I ideologically object to the way they exclude and screw over PUG members.

If the roles were reversed and Horde had instaqueues the same thing would be happening with the roles reversed - a series of uncoordinated Alliance groups being trounced by Horde premades, while the shattered remnants of Horde groups, ditched by premades, would lose every game to the Alliance.

3 Likes

What do you mean alliance and horde players could have worked together? The alliance players can’t create more alliance players lol. It is 100% on people who rolled horde. Full stop.

3 Likes