Titanforging gone. Game harder?

Introducing Shadowforging, which is totally a different system! :man_facepalming:

Honestly, that is my fear, that the “new system” will be new in name only.

We had Thunderforging all the way back in MoP, but i don’t recall nearly the same complaints about it. However, I believe Thunderforged items were capped at 5(?) item levels and were only available in raids. Seems like a similar cap on the forge-of-the-expac items would solve a lot of issues, so that, for example, a normal item could Shadowforge from ilvl 515 to ilvl 522, but never all the way up to heroic 530. It would still give people something to chase, without to possibility of invalidating the next level of difficulty entirely.

I don’t really know if Corruption is going to solve things the way Ion was selling in his recent interview, it’s just going to change chasing pure ilvl to chasing that ideal corruption affix.

We don’t, though. If you raid, run instances, etc… you’re going to eventually get higher ilvl gear than people who don’t do those things.

That’s why I said that TF’ing was a rare thing, because I don’t do those things and others who don’t also rarely see TF’ing.

I think RNG has to do with how many instances/high end stuff you do ingame that can increase your chances of getting better gear & TF gear. If you don’t do those parts of the game then if you got any TF that would just be blind luck.

Immediately? Benthic gear was powerful mainly because of the effects - which are only active in Eternal Palace; which is now old content.

Unrelated, grats on your mythic ashara kill

Nothing is wrong with that, I was pointing out the cam claim of being relevant when he’s not.

Thunderforging had complaints from the top tier of players.

In practice, it was okay. It was 0.5 tiers, and it felt good having a TF’d item. You could still get BiS, and it made the game better imho (in terms of replaying content).

1 Like

It’s not gone - it just has a new name; Corruption.

Power creep is attainable through this instead of forges now.

Both will be gone in Shadowlands though.

Titanforging wasn’t a bad concept on paper. I just think that it was too powerful. At most I think Warforged items (5 item levels higher) should have been the only possible upgrades. Not too big as to trump even heroic raid gear, but big enough for those who want to min/max.

1 Like

and replaced with something else.

Haven’t seen them state that.

I didn’t like titanforging just because I’m not a fan of RNG controlling my gear progression. Having to do old content for OP items like that one legion trinket is why titanforging is doomed to fail.

Naz was a way more difficult zone and that was with Titanforging AND Benthic

Could try and attempt Mythic to gear up in Mythic gear. I mean I understand it’s frightening to challenge yourself, one mistake and everyone in the group will drop you like a sack of bad potatoes, not only that but they’ll put your name on the “don’t invite cause they’re a screw up” list.

It’s needed to address the issue the OP made - once you have BiS, a lot of people won’t have much of an incentive to continue playing. Some power creep mechanic provides this incentive.

I disagree. I think titanforging is a terrible concept and hope that they return to items being static in the difficulty they come from.

1 Like

So the “issue” the OP made isn’t relevant to you - totally fair.

I don’t think that’s the case for a lot of players though.

Hard to say without hard evidence. The only ones who’ve said this was the case was Blizzard but I have a hard time believing what they say lately. The problem before with raiders is that they were on a weekly lockout and once they’ve cleared the raid there isn’t anything left to do. Now we have side content that Blizzard could’ve easily grown that could give plenty incentives outside of just creating a power creep.

Never once did I see a PvP player who got their full Conquest and then decided that they’re done with Arenas. Even though they had their full set they continued to do BGs, WPvP or even Arenas to push for the cosmetics that were tied to rating.

Imo, they could utilize M+ as a side activity for the raiders like they already have. Create a theme for each season like lets say Waycrest Manor is the theme. Add new thematic affixes for it and create an Elite set, Tabard, Cloak, Enchant, Mount and title for clearing high keys.

Same thing with Warfronts. Make a niche experience that RTS players can enjoy. And create rewards that you can actually work towards. Rinse and repeat with the next idea.

I’ll never support the idea of tackling someone to the ground and telling them to keep rolling the dice. We don’t need 20 versions of the same item.

1 Like

This statement is giving me ptsd from a bad game of DND. No wonder I hate titanforging so bad.

1 Like