Titanforging gone. Game harder?

Well, of course, assuming you are doing WQs where gear matters. Of course you don’t need gear if you are doing turtles lol. I’m not moving any goal posts lol

leveling was just

I think what you are saying here is that Mythic raiders spend more time getting that gear? I’m not sure why you’re saying this to me I’m not arguing against that. All I’m saying is “more gear makes everything faster” including WQs, so it is a valid desire for a person to want higher ilvl gear even if all they do is open world content.

You guys are getting off topic. Sure higher ilvl helps you do world quests faster.

Destroying gear progression for the entire game so you can kill a few boars faster is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

3 Likes

So per a new interview with Ion

1. Titan/Warforging has been on their radar for removal for a while
  2. Corruption is just BFA (shocking)
  3. Titan/Warforging will not be in Shadowlands, but they are going to be doing something with gear that is different than what we currently have.

Source: https://www.millenium.us.org/guide/10782.html

1 Like

Thank the lord.

That’s all I was saying :slight_smile: I’m a simple man, there’s no need to attempt any deep thought exercises from my comments I try to say exactly what I mean without any trickery.

I’m not calling for anything to be destroyed or changed, I was just giving a reason to why someone who only does open world content would want or “need” high ilvl gear.

BUT :sunglasses:

Now that I’ve thought about it, how would it affect raiders if people who don’t do high end content had similar gear to them?

I think the issue here is not so much people have the same ilevel as if you have consistent gearing options across the board that can potentially give equivalent to raid gear you just raid less really.

Like if I could get Mythic Raid equivalent gear through World Quests why would I bother even attempting to Mythic Raid? Obviously an extreme example, but it is what we see with a lot of M+ complaints is that people just hit a high ilevel with M+ then raid less because the gear incentive is gone.

I don’t personally like raiding as the sole pinnacle PvE activity, but I can see if I was a raider how annoying it’d be to feel like doing LFR/M+/Emissaries etc just because RNG might bless you. Maybe you’d skip that trinket WQ but if it upgrades 15 levels then it’s a huge upgrade so you do it and get disappointed it doesn’t, however if you didn’t do it you feel annoyed the potential upgrade was there.

1 Like

I was never really into gear, I raided just because I enjoyed raiding but I know to some people that gear is a large part of it. And I know this feeling

Maybe you’d skip that trinket WQ but if it upgrades 15 levels then it’s a huge upgrade so you do it and get disappointed it doesn’t, however if you didn’t do it you feel annoyed the potential upgrade was there.

I stopped raiding in legion but before I did there was a trinket WQ in suramar, forgot what it was called, devilsaur shock baton? I think that was really good on its own but of course even when you had it you still would do the WQ “just in case” it upgrades. I hate the “just in case” an upgrade happens aspect of gearing.

I think Legion legendaries pre-wakening encapsulate the argument against titanforging very clearly. You feel obligated to do content that has a high chance to not reward you anything because it has a slight chance it might reward you something.

Because for a lot of players the draw of an MMO is this.

Get gear -> do harder content

Get even better gear -> do even harder content

Get even better gear -> do even more harder content

This is a progression path. Titanforging breaks this.

4 Likes

what’s wrong with people getting ahead of you? That’s what progression is. Not everything has to be equal

Introducing Shadowforging, which is totally a different system! :man_facepalming:

Honestly, that is my fear, that the “new system” will be new in name only.

We had Thunderforging all the way back in MoP, but i don’t recall nearly the same complaints about it. However, I believe Thunderforged items were capped at 5(?) item levels and were only available in raids. Seems like a similar cap on the forge-of-the-expac items would solve a lot of issues, so that, for example, a normal item could Shadowforge from ilvl 515 to ilvl 522, but never all the way up to heroic 530. It would still give people something to chase, without to possibility of invalidating the next level of difficulty entirely.

I don’t really know if Corruption is going to solve things the way Ion was selling in his recent interview, it’s just going to change chasing pure ilvl to chasing that ideal corruption affix.

We don’t, though. If you raid, run instances, etc… you’re going to eventually get higher ilvl gear than people who don’t do those things.

That’s why I said that TF’ing was a rare thing, because I don’t do those things and others who don’t also rarely see TF’ing.

I think RNG has to do with how many instances/high end stuff you do ingame that can increase your chances of getting better gear & TF gear. If you don’t do those parts of the game then if you got any TF that would just be blind luck.

Immediately? Benthic gear was powerful mainly because of the effects - which are only active in Eternal Palace; which is now old content.

Unrelated, grats on your mythic ashara kill

Nothing is wrong with that, I was pointing out the cam claim of being relevant when he’s not.

Thunderforging had complaints from the top tier of players.

In practice, it was okay. It was 0.5 tiers, and it felt good having a TF’d item. You could still get BiS, and it made the game better imho (in terms of replaying content).

1 Like

It’s not gone - it just has a new name; Corruption.

Power creep is attainable through this instead of forges now.

Both will be gone in Shadowlands though.

Titanforging wasn’t a bad concept on paper. I just think that it was too powerful. At most I think Warforged items (5 item levels higher) should have been the only possible upgrades. Not too big as to trump even heroic raid gear, but big enough for those who want to min/max.

1 Like