Titanforging and Warforging make me upset

Care about what others get and explaining a situation are two different things. I was asked a specific question and I answered it. You then decide to take my answer out of context to pick a fight with me. That is the definition of trolling.

Any guild that is run like this is garbage. And seeing as you think tanks get fed gear, you very clearly do not raid and an even remotely difficult level, so I could say your opinion on Master Loot is useless.

Nah thats you deflecting when hypocrisy is pointed out

2 Likes

Honestly feel as if titanforging should be there for luck but there should be a way to up ilvl of gear up to the highest level ever equipped in that slot. As for the highest base level gear you get should be allowed to be upgraded +10 /+15. Gear progression will then be get gear> find better gear even at lower item level > spend resources to upgrade said pieces up to the ilvl you are allowed. Higher ilvl drops still become usable because you need to upgrade them +10/+15 to increase your slots level while being allowed to customize your entire gear set around the specific stats you want to aim for.

That assumes you have two weapons available in a raid. You might want to talk with your loot department to make sure that is the case if you think it should be. Because it isn’t always the case.

1 Like

I think its more like this

In throne of Thunder (when this was my main and I was shadow) I looked forward to getting the Trinket drop off of the Megeara (Breath of the Hydra or something). I remember when it finally dropped being extremely happy because this was a sizeable boost and something I worked towards getting, loot had meaning to it.

Now in BFA even though there are specific trinkets I want, unless they titanforge or warforge they aren’t usually the best (and usually I have to go sim which is better), and then I do a Mythic+ and some trinket I never heard of drops and warforges to a decent ilvl and its slightly better then the one I am aiming for, I didn’t earn this trinket or try to go for it, it just appeared in my bags and now the Trinket I wanted and worked towards lost all value because this other trinket is better.

Its like entering a Marathon and while about halfway into the race someone walks up with a bottle of water to hydrate you but instead of a bottle of water they give you the trophy for first place then tell you you could keep going for the trophy at the end, but there is only a 10% chance it will be better then this trophy.

Gear has lost all value and honestly feels meaninglessness and forgetable in a world where everything could be valuable if RNG says so.

3 Likes

It’s not a better system, it’s a different system. They can run in parallel and if you like personal loot, you have it. If you don’t, then you can run master loot.

1 Like

Sure. Back in BC or Wrath you could inspect someone and know what content they did and if they were skilled or not. If you saw a tank with a Heroic Sindragosa’s Flawless Fang, you knew it was a skilled tank.

Now we have to rely on outside sources to tell if someone is skilled or not. I had to kick 2 people from my heroic pug yesterday on my alt because at 396 and 398 ilvl they did less than 8k dps on the first 3 bosses without dying.

These trickle gear sources inflate people’s item level past the content that they are supposed to be in. You can skip entire tiers of content by being lucky with WF/TF and/or bonus rolls. We had a guy in our guild in Uldir that was 375 ilvl and he had never been in a raid, rated PvP match, or Myrhic dungeon. Is he supposed to just jump into Mythic Uldir?

I don’t look forward to drops anymore. I used to love min/maxing my characters, but the way tanks work now, pretty much any ilvl increase is an upgrade because of how main stat interacts with AM, besides rings/trinkets obviously. So I could get some awesome Haste/mastery gloves from Mythic BoD, then the next day get 420 gloves from the warfront quest or world boss. I think at some point it’s ok to be done with a gear slot. Right now to be done with my glove slot it has to be Haste/mastery, forge to 425, roll a socket and roll avoidance. I feel like that’s bad game design.

For your weapon example… of course I will equip the weaker one if it’s still an upgrade. That being said I would much rather give it to our Frost DK for instance if it’s a bigger upgrade for him, then wait for the better one to drop, but your forced personal loot system prevents me from doing that.

9 Likes

I don’t think its that insidious, but I do think he’s here without an even remotely open mind. He’s here to spew more Ion propaganda, pretend a thought provoking discussion was had, then disappear with absolutely nothing having changed.

2 Likes

The level I currently raid at has zero bearing on the worth of my opinion, and I was speaking from my experience in TBC, the last time before now I even tried to raid before the addition of LFR. Yes, the loot drama of the old days did sour me off raiding until now, and yes, I only do Normal/Heroic. In Vanilla/TBC, Tanks ABSOLUTELY were spoon-fed gear, especially when starting a new tier, as they often needed to raise their Defense stat to not get crit to death. So as an off-spec DPS, You were absolutely expected to wait your turn for gear.

1 Like

380 ilvl is pretty garbage though

1 Like

TF/WF needs to be capped under end game content. It takes away from actually doing end-game content. It should feel good to get 415 gear from mythic raiding and not feel like your doing it to just kill bosses.
Personal Loot has made guilds more toxic due to the fact most end game guilds still use loot council to distribute loot. Most of the times you will get kicked out for not complying with these rules.

1 Like

It has 100% bearing on your opinion, you can’t even really have an opinion if you have no experience in current content to base that opinion on

It really doesn’t since I experienced the same thing last expansion raiding. I have no idea why you want to dismiss his opinion like that as well.

I do raid current content, I’m wearing BoD gear right now. But there is no ML today, so how does that affect my opinion?

2 Likes

Let me rephrase “semblance of intelligence”, people who know better, don’t farm specifically in hopes of getting WF/TF. Its like the person that goes to the store and buys a lottery ticket everyday in hopes of winning big. Its all about luck so there is ZERO reason to be farming for it.

1 Like

Just make WF +5 of base, and TF caps at base of next tier. So absolute worst, LFR TF’s to Normal, Normal to Heroic, Heroic to Mythic. There, problem solved.

1 Like

Just make WF +5 and TF not exist

1 Like

It’s disheartening to look forward to downing a boss, killing the boss, getting the item you’ve been looking forward to for weeks, only to zone in to some other content — for whatever reason — and seeing something better drop after 20 minutes of not-challenging content. It’s like, why did I bother?

It’s at least a little worth it when the other content is also difficult — high level M+ — but for something to TF so high that it makes the challenging content you just did seem pointless… that sucks.

2 Likes

Would you prefer the situation where there was no possibility of an upgrade at all ?

1 Like