Titanforging and Warforging make me upset

Uh, I didn’t assume the answer in the asking, I responded to your specific question…

Did you forget what you asked me in your attempt to look down your nose at me and pretend you’re an intellectual? lol. Too good. But I was leading you to what I thought was an obvious and simple answer. Don’t worry. I’m not gonna go off on a diatribe of quoting where I sequentially bold and then underline and I remove words from the repeated text like you did earlier. My point was just that your opinion is just that, an opinion. All the reasons you dislike forging? Subjective. That’s not any more of a valid reason to keep it than the opinions of people who like it. So you ask, “why not remove it?” and I answered, “why do you think because you dislike it that we should remove it?” Make sense now?

1 Like

If I think a politician’s speech is insulting, am I insulting the people who liked their speech? No, I’m not.

I’m still waiting for an example where I personally called out people who like Titanforging and insulted them.

Hint: I did not.

You are incapable of having a discussion. You don’t even try to defend your stance. You’ve wasted enough of my time.

You have nothing more to add to this discussion. Find the next thread to derail please.

9 Likes

That’s exactly what I mean. And your response is telling. Someone tells you they find something insulting and you try to convince them that they are wrong. You’re not interested in their point of view. You’re interested in defending your right to be what you know other people perceive as insulting. But your example is silly anyways. You’re not simply saying, “I find that insulting” you’re intentionally being derogatory in the process by throwing out “welfare” and “spoonfeeding”. And let’s be honest here, in your examples you tried to explain how other people felt, not how you felt. So you’re saying it’s insulting to other people. Those other people are saying, “hey, I don’t think that’s insulting” and your response is, “you are wrong, it is insulting to you because I said so.” I could go on. There’s not really any point. You don’t want to understand.

You’re more than capable of simply not responding to me and/or ignoring me if you aren’t interested in a discussion. That’s your prerogative. But it’s not yours to tell me where and when I can post. Thanks.

1 Like

Yep it is.

Your projecting your own negative connotations upon those words. Those words have been used for a long time and are generally accepted vernacular when discussing these systems. Cyous has specifically clarified his meaning when he uses those words. To ignore his specific definitions and choose to instead use your own definitions with your own projected negative connotations is the definition of choosing to be offended.

If your going to be logically consistent in any sense of this part of the conversation, then look at Cyous on the whole. He’s provided loads of guides and gave metric craptons of feed back for the balance rotation prior to BfA launch immeasurably improving the boomy gameplay experience.

To imply that he hates casuals and sees them as beneath him is just… It’s just so wrong on so many levels. Actual elitist literally don’t care about the players they see as beneath them. They don’t even talk to them. They certainly don’t provide guides and WAs for them.

Sorry dude, but you’re just completely off base on this part of the conversation.

Personally, I also find it sorta insulting that instead of providing casual players with better content to keep them playing… they just dangle heroic and mythic level rewards on RNG carrot sticks. Seems like a massive cop out to me. And a very short sighted one at that.

9 Likes

This would be great if you didn’t make secondary stats worth so much more than main stat. Unfortunately you guys have not figured out how to achieve this, even though it was mentioned as one of your goals going into BFA.

Reaching level 100 here

I’m not simply projecting my own negative connotations upon those words. Look at this thread. Look at the other thread where someone is complaining they got a 60 ilvl forge from a world quest that the base was 360. Search for “lazy”, “welfare”, “deserve”. I can point you to many examples where those words, and others, were used derogatorily. I can point you at other people who feel exactly the way I do who posted so in this thread.

Edit: Just for good measure I hopped over to the other thread and this is in the last post as of me editing this, and this isn’t uncommon at all and it’s not counting all the crap that the mods delete:

I’m looking at him in context of the discussion we’re having. Clearly he’s got a bit of an ego, hell he threw out in the middle of this…

So am I off base? Sure, it’s possible. But I’m not going to give him a pass because he writes guides or gives spec feedback. I’m not going to give him a pass because he’s “objectively one of the best players in the world”. In the end, his opinion is just that, an opinion. It carries no more weight than your opinion or my opinion. Unless he suddenly became a systems developer (according to him) and the forums haven’t updated.

The only people that magically find it insulting are people who aren’t actually casuals. So how bout we let them speak for themselves. More than a few have done so in this thread and none of them mentioned that. Hrm…wonder why.

It’s an absolutely terrible system and Blizzard has too much pride to admit / change it.

It can be pretty tough, all things considered. WoW’s combat is very volatile, and secondary stats bring more value to other secondary stats (this is why you never see stats go up in value as you get more of it – for example: Enchanting a ring with Haste will reduce the relative value of Haste for your next Ring -Haste enchant).

Blizzard retunes class/spec damage each tier to compensate for the shift in stats. Some specs simply get better scale factors. And encounter design plays a part in this discussion too.

Which is the exact same thing we are all doing none of the arguments on either side are based upon anything concrete either. This whole topic is based upon someones personal opinions as to what they want changed about the game. We’re saying the oposing arguments aren’t backed up or justified just because we believe the opposite, so their facts are “wrong”. This is one of those topics where neither side will change the others mind. You just have to decide for yourself if you want to keep playing this game as it is, just like I would if the devs suddenly implemented every viewpoint I disagree with.

1 Like

yes we all play wow. Well, maybe the devs don’t.

It’s okay to search for common ground. For example: I think Titanforging is fine. But I don’t think the bonuses need to be uncapped. +15 from base item level is perfectly fine, in my opinion.

Mega-jackpots are rare, so removing them won’t change anything with the average player’s progression of gear. It simply doesn’t allow them to be over-rewarded for trivial content. Getting 400 ilvl pants when the rest of your gear is 370? Guess which pants you’ll be using for the next 6 months PLUS all future WQs that offer leg rewards are statistically irrelevant (enjoy your 75 rep though). Got a few cache drops? Better hope they don’t roll legs.

1 Like

Can I just say that you’re the only MVP I don’t roll my eyes at whenever they post?

3 Likes

Have you read more than 3 of my posts?

2 Likes

It’s okay to search for common ground. For example: I think Titanforging is fine. And so are the bonuses being capped at 425, in my opinion.

Mega-jackpots are rare, so leaving them in won’t change anything with the average player’s progression of gear. It simply gives them a nice reward that has a minor impact on their ilvl.

You know, just so we don’t confuse anyone asserting their opinion as anything other than an opinion.

At least 3 1/2 of them.

I think as long as the upgrade system is random in nature i think there will be a balance issue, a devaluing of progression and a generated a sense of unfairness - even if its restricted to an ilvl cap.

Any significant form of low chance RNG on character progression will generate outliers that will have an exceptional or terrible experience with it, but those who are benefiting are doing so at the expense of those who are not. If they were too common then they’d just be part of the base loot which has the right amount of RNG tied into it currently. In essence I just don’t see how a random proc on your characters base strength is beneficial to the gameplay experience.

My alpha/beta feedback posts are more fun, shame those were lost (somewhat) with the forum update. :frowning: Includes a lot of finger-pointing about why Azerite Traits were not gonna work in the long run of the expansion.

Also, Lull has good posts too.

1 Like

I get the sense you actually know what you’re talking about.

I won’t name anyone, but other greens tend to brown nose on Blizzard’s behalf.

As for the discussion at hand, if we cap tf at +15, I’d rather just see Valor come back for a +10 boost and cut TF altogether.