Titanforging and Warforging make me upset

One more time: I don’t care about access to things necessarily. Progression aas far as my personal character’s arbitrary big numbers on the screen are concerned is irrelevant to me. They could remove gear and exclusively use stat templates and I’d get just as much enjoyment, because my enjoyment comes from something other than progression.

Make sense now?

Other people who beat the same boss? People in my raid? Myself versus my last kill? Literally all the same things people compete with in any sport.

Help me understand this comment. Why does your enjoyment hinge on what others are doing?

Because raids are like arenas for me, except versus a mutual enemy. Beating someone on a meter is like beating them in an arena match. Gives me a sense of superiority and accomplishment. If that’s harder than it otherwise would be due to lucky gear rolls, that affects my outcomes.

So, WoW is a game of competition for you? If so, I can see why you hate forging… ultimately, you can’t win at that!

You may want to rethink your focus in WoW. Unless you are in to rated PvP, I don’t think you are doing it right…

1 Like

So people are getting upset that their “competition” is getting good gear as well?

1 Like

Again, the reason I play wow is because it offers a unique cooperative/competitive activity that isn’t directly PVP. I historically do love pvp. But raid competition is it’s own unique thing.

I’m getting upset my competition is getting gear better than they otherwise would if we went back to static ilvl drops simply because they’re just doing “more.” Not “harder.”

Wierd how its a competition but yet in the same breath they go on about teamplay and helping others.

You would think you want to help your faction out so you can overtake the opposing faction, but instead you don’t want competion (same faction) getting good gear.

1 Like

Can you not be selfishly motivated and also working towards the same goal? Again, it’s that unique blend which even attracts me to wow.

This is exactly what I am struggling with… Why am I competing with people on my own team? Makes little sense to me if the team is accomplishing goals together.

1 Like

Not just my own team. Warcraft logs exists. You can measure yourself versus the world and see how you stack up.

In every team sport, people take pride in personal stats. The best hitter in baseball is still the best hitter individually. That’s noteworthy. Of course he wants his team to win, but he also wants to be the best hitter in the whole league.

This I can’t speak to… I don’t have that mindset, nor do I understand it in PvE content.

1 Like

“because I don’t understand” isn’t a good reason. It should be easy to understand. While I disagree wholeheartedly with the mentality of wanting to get better and better rewards without advancing yourself as a player, I can fully understand it.

I think this is why they got rid of master loot. Too many people using a team to get what they want but don’t want the left over loot to fall into their hands because of competition.

Your competition should be killing the opposing faction not fighting over loot with teammates.

You should be a warrior in battle not a pig. Warriors don’t cry when a teammate gets a better axe or something. They remain strong and tough it out.

1 Like

As someone who’s been here since Vanilla, watching you (Blizzard) defend war/titanforging is so painful to see. You’d think as developers… first and foremost players who’ve been around as long as I have, you would be the first to realize how damaging this system is to WoW.

You guys had it right in MoP if you HAD to introduce a system like this with a currency to upgrade your gear over time which also allowed you to choose which pieces you wanted to upgrade. Why on earth do any of you think the current iteration is better?

The complaint is that people are getting a competitive advantage derived from luck rather than earning that advantage. Which diminishes the competitive spirit.

If you are competing for parses but the other players have weapons with 20 ilvl more plus socket and they only have that because “lucky” its difficult to take that competition serious.

6 Likes

I think it is very self centered and greedy of people to not want others to get better gear when they are supposed to be allies fighting against an opposing faction.

If me getting a tf piece of gear bothers you that much then get off my team.

Seriously.

In the real world people would not be getting upset at other soccer teammates because they got new soccer shoes. They more than likely would be happy for that person and would think maybe the new shoes might give them a bit of an edge in beating the other team.

Greed is just ruining games like wow. It’s pretty bad. I see no issue with other players getting a good warforge or titanforge. I don’t care if they did “harder” content or not they don’t deserve 1st class everything because they can make a group and get carried by others.

weapons cant WF past 10 ilvls, but the arguement is still valid.

1 Like

Not sure who you were responding to, but I am struggling with your competitive nature to PvE content. WoW is so many different things to so many different people.

That’s a hard job for any developer. How do you attract and retain a multitude of players with a multitude of different wants and desires?

Can’t please everyone. This xpac, they may have decided to focus on pleasing the gambling addicts… (I jest). Casuals…