Titanforging and Warforging make me upset

Why is this a bad thing?

Edit: Thanks for the numbers the numbers may not scale exactly the same for all classes. Not to mention particular pieces of gear may matter more than others.

It’s easy to do, that’s okay. Lots of cross convo going on.

Forging has a specific purpose that isn’t a primary path to progression. The point is to give people a small chance at getting an upgrade even if they run content they outgear. The developers have stated this over and over again. Again, I don’t have an issue with it. That doesn’t mean I’m an advocate for it. I simply acknowledge the place the developers have stated it has in the game now without freaking out about it. In fact, I’ve stated previously that I’d rather have a badge system. That’s my preference, a more deterministic system. I’m just not hyperbolic about how forging is impacting the game. It’s nowhere near as bad/impactful as people pretend.

titan forging is the worst.

1 Like

Well this is just wrong… once youve gotten to a certain level of gear titan forging is the only way to move forward…

And? Want better gear? Go do Mythic raids. Or keep doing m+ 10’s or higher. Once you’re in all 415+ gear then it becomes the only path to progression. That doesn’t change the fact that the developers have told us what the intent of forging is. Your agreement with the statement or approval of forging isn’t necessary.

Yeah, I wouldn’t say it’s ruining the game, and I can’t see Blizzard ever removing it entirely. I do think it has a noticeable impact that isn’t all good, especially in combination with some other other systems these days, and I can dream about Blizzard capping it at +10 maybe (I actually liked forging back when it was just warforging) or doing some combination forging/deterministic upgrade system like I’ve seen a few people suggest.

2 Likes

SWG had one major component missing that would have fixed a large amount of its issues. It needed an end game. There was nothing to do in SWG that related to actual player progression once you maxed out your skill trees. Despite that, my friends and I still found things we enjoyed greatly about the game. There was no raiding, no real structure for dungeons. The players wanted to see an actual end game created for the game. The response from the Devs was the NGE and it was a total disaster. The game lost more subs at a faster rate after the NGE. That is the moral of the story. Was SWG classic perfect? No, but the framework was there for a great game.

The same that happened there is happening here in WoW. This need to please everyone, the need to make it easier, the need to create participation awards for just logging on. People didn’t ask for the changes we got in BFA, yet the developers felt hard pressed to do them and people have rebelled. They totally misread the audience. If anything this thread has proved that they are a lot of people who are not on board with all the changes. For the most part you are the only one towing the line on your point of view with a couple others. There are more people in this thread asking the developers to stop with the free hand outs then not. There are more people asking for actual rewards for the effort you put in. No one asked for this loot pinata that BFA has become. I never in Legion or previous to this xpac felt that loot needed to be gotten with less effort.

1 Like

If you feel different then it doesn’t mean your wrong it means that is how you feel. I feel this way as do many others. If this is the way the Dev’s want the game to be then so be it. Time will tell who was right but I’ve seen this movie before and ends the same way every time.

2 Likes

Yep, the “we’re the majority!” fallacy comes out again :stuck_out_tongue: We know who the majority are. They aren’t the people on the forums crying about forging or emissary rewards or warfront rewards.

Where did you read in that statement that mentioned the majority of WoW players. I said a lot of people as in more then just a couple are not happy with the changes. You complain about people cherry picking your post and then do the exact same thing a few post later. You’re like a broken record man. If anything you are the only person in this thread who has claimed the to be in the majority. I am speaking about why I am unhappy and there are many people in this thread that is now been viewed over 20k that feel the same way. In business they say one unhappy customer equals seven. This means that one customer will tell seven people how unhappy they are with your business. Blizzard should take note of that.

3 Likes

Ah, so your claim is simply that a few dozen people is “a lot of people”. Everything is relative. That’s valuable in context of a game that has millions of subs? Really? That’s your point? lol? Let’s actually be honest here, I’m 1/10th of this thread myself. You and the handful of forge haters that are repeat posting aren’t an insignificant number of posts in this thread. We’re not actually talking about dozens of people opposed, just a handful of people (myself included) arguing in circles. Nothing more or less. But let’s not pretend the argument hasn’t been made many times over in this thread insinuating or explicitly stating that the majority of people are opposed to forging. So when someone makes the point that “a lot of people” share a consensus about forging being bad and says it’s valuable, I tend to think in terms of that information actually being valuable and not in terms of someone simply patting themselves on the back for sharing an opinion with a handful of vocal people. But hey that’s me. If you meant nothing substantive by that point, so be it.

The majority of players are legitimately people who don’t care about any of this and will play wow in any way shape or form they can. They don’t have aspirations or concerns for much more than just the baseline experience of running to thing, killing thing, move on. Strictly the combat loop.

For the most part I agree with that assessment. Edit: Broadly speaking, arguing over what those players care about isn’t relevant if we both agree this isn’t a big concern of theirs. What that means that often gets glossed over is that that’s the group that matters. Why they’re leaving, the issues they have, that’s what’s important. What I want, what you want, that doesn’t really matter. We’re a drop in the bucket overall and not really important. The things that need fixed/changed/improved are the things that will draw that specific group back or keep them subbed. That doesn’t equivocate to “we can change it because they don’t care!” That’s the direction I feel you were trying to go when your point just highlights exactly why this most likely won’t change in any substantive way.

Hmm, yeah once again your lack of reading ability has failed you. Never said a majority never gave a number of people. Unlike you I did not claim to be in a majority of anything. If you are able to understand this concept it may sink in with you a bit. When a customer is unhappy they tell everyone. In Legion all my friends who quit asked me if WoW was worth coming back to, I told them yes. If I saw in anyone on my friends list I would try to recruit them back to the game. Now when I’m asked the same question I tell them no. I go out of my way to tell my friends don’t come back. The game isn’t what it used to be. They spread the word and so and so forth. Eventually that little murmur becomes a bigger issue. Again if you like getting your welfare epics, fantastic. Not all of like getting participation awards. Some of still like to work for what we get and not just be “lucky”.

1 Like

I’m wearing gloves that dropped within the first couple weeks of this raid tier, from a puggable loot pinata who can be killed with brute force DPS and healing while ignoring basically all mechanics, and it titanforged all the way to the ilvl cap. We’re now pushing into Mythic and I literally cannot get an upgrade in this slot until the next raid tier drops.

This stuff needs to cap at 5-10 ilvl above natural drop. From what I understand, it used to (with additional ways to optionally upgrade pieces the same amount), and worked wonderfully. And you removed that.

2 Likes

Quanadin is my main.

“welfare epics” “participation awards” “work for what we get”. Just so we’re on the same page here, do me a favor and quote where I said anything about being in the majority? Funny cause you talk about reading comprehension. Though I’m pretty happy with how easy it is to gear alts, makes catching up to normal level pretty cake. But didn’t you quit or something? How long til your sub runs out? Just curious :slight_smile:

Context is obvious. Keep fighting for those unearned welfare epics.

You just made that up. Just because the vast number of players don’t post about this issue means they don’t care or have any thoughts or opinions about it.

Warfronts and LFR require no effort. If you wipe enough eventually determination will make a group win despite standing in fire. Warfronts are larger scenarios that require just enough effort to collect resources, turn them in and then kill a raid boss with limited mechanics. Quote by Bornak and Sevaryn is correct.