Titanforging and corruption are failures

Can we go back to loot just being a fixed drop, now?

97 Likes

Titanforging was okay, but folks looked at it the wrong way. The actual dps gains were (usually) fairly minimal despite the higher ilvls.

Corruption, on the other hand, is a terrible system. It can massively inflate player power–entirely passively in most cases–and it’s obtained through layered rng.

I think we’re stuck with some rng component to gear though and I think that warforging is the better system out of the two we’ve been presented with thus far.

I’m curious to see what they do with Shadowlands.

22 Likes

You lost me already, this is simply untrue, especially if we talk rings, trinkets or weapons.

The system was a failure the moment they started balancing around it. What could have been seen as a random bonus was now expected to be grinded up.

Corruption is the worse of the two by a considerable margin, but TF deserved every bit of the bad reputation it had.

16 Likes

In the majority of cases it was <1k. There are a few exceptions that were 2-3k.

Even on the higher end that is minimal relative to the potential power of corruption.

My suggestion, since they love rng loot so much, would be to do away with corruption and titanforging and just do warforging. +10ilvls would be fine, I think.

5 Likes

Corruption forging is horrible. Would rather have nothing than this crap. I mostly quit playing or caring about much because of this system, pure crap.

16 Likes

It added up, especially if we talk about random sockets.

Regardless, both systems are trash. Kill them both and start making more interesting trinkets.

8 Likes

I’d rather just have neither, no system, just leave loot as is aside from socket rolls, but also adding items to put sockets on gear.

10 Likes

It did add up, yes, but not to the point that corruption will once we’ve got more resistance. :stuck_out_tongue:

I highly doubt that Blizzard will scrap the rng loot element entirely though. They’ll most likely find another system to replace corruption or go back to war/titanforging.

I recognize this is an unpopular opinion, but I like corrupted gear. I like balancing the benefits of it versus the effects of it and how that all ties in with the cape.

14 Likes

For real, I miss alot of the trinkets we had back in Classic, TBC, and Wrath. Those trinkets were fun to play around with.

1 Like

Weapons too, even through Cata they were interesting and had fun procs.

Dragonwrath did some silly things for warlocks. I miss it. :c

The polearm and two handed sword from Dragon Soul were so much fun.

3 Likes

Everyone in my guild is massively enjoying Corruption. Especially with how common it seems to be.

Heck, the AH is literred with corrupted gear.

3 Likes

Completely agree. Its basically Legion legendaries all over again.
If you get lucky and get the right one, you’ll gain massive dps.
If your unlucky, welcome back to those stressful time at the beginning of Legion.

5 Likes

It’s even worse, since they are largely just random procs that don’t interact with the class at all.

At least my arcane mantle was ridiculously fun in Legion. The orb during barrage was amazing and I miss it.

2 Likes

I like how corruption makes my character look. The effects match my mog perfectly.

… ok yeah. Rental power blows.

3 Likes

The thing from beyond should just be Ion floating towards you as he T-poses.

6 Likes

I seriously despise it. I legit take off my corruption gear outside of raid/mythic + because I hate the effect it puts on your character.

Yes, please. That would be the most hilarious thing ever.

I’d instantly love that effect. :laughing:

4 Likes

Exactly. So my 385 belt forges up to 390 and god forbid has a gem slot… it’s not gonna turn me into an ATOC mythic raider lol. It’s just a belt that would’ve been replaced in a few days time anyways. Why does the wow forum community put so much time into complaining about what everyone else is doing & what loot they’re getting?

5 Likes