Titan Residuum in Season 4

Am I the only one that finds this a really odd word to choose? Gold has been the standard unit of currency in WoW for over 15 years. Silver isn’t even worth mentioning. Just seems like a really out of touch thing to say.

Mant of us enjoy starting over with a clean slate, it continues to let us feel engaged with our characters at a rapid pace. I enjoy it because I’ve grown attached to many of mine.

Keep up the good work, I know you guys won’t let us down with 8.3!

You should really look into “gaming whales” and the cancer that is the mobile gaming industry. I can absolutely guarantee you that there are people spending that money at this exact moment. There probably were even before they did this artificial scarcity scumbaggery.

And it was 100% deliberate, too. Their stated reasons for arbitrarily removing the mount are garbage.

8 Likes

It was either this or vastly inflate the cost of TR gear again. They were never going to let people buy stuff on day one of the new season.

They did this with conquest and honor points when they still existed too. Not sure why anyone is surprised.

1 Like

WHY! So I saved it all for NOTHING?! :sob:

2 Likes

People keep saying this, but this announcement isn’t new.

2 Likes

How does this apply to pieces gained prior to the patch that are shredded after the patch? Will they also shred for silver?

1 Like

No, you apparently saved it for 10s each.

3 Likes

they cant even explain how it works.

for blizzard to make more money, more players have to want to buy game time or blizzard balance with gold.

the mount is not incentive to buy gold. so even if there was a streak of token purchases, without increased demand for tokens from the auction house, the amount of gold you would from auctioning the tokens would go down.

that would be even more incentive to not purchase the mount with money.

so unless there is a reason for ftp players to buy game time with gold, and it would need to be a big, big one, there will generally not be more transactions because of the mount and thus blizz will not make more money.

1 Like

I’d like to point out that I edited the OP here. It now reads:

With the Visions of N’Zoth content update, the game will automatically convert your Titan Residuum into silver. At the start of Season 4, we’ll set the drop rates of Titan Residuum and the prices of the items that it buys to lower values.

The currency conversion will happen with the content update.

How much lower? Will it be equal across the board, ie 10% less residuum dropping and 10% lower prices? Or will the amount of residuum we get per week be reduced more/less than the cost of gear?

I’m far more concerned about an unequal adjustment of drop rate to price than I am about not being able to stockpile ahead of time, since that will affect me for the entire season and not just on my first purchase.

1 Like

Thank god! Now I can finally get some nice 475 armor!

Every season they scaled the cost of pieces up to make sure the currency going between S1 -> S2, and S2 -> didn’t allow you buy anything of value. If I remember correctly costs went up by a factor of 10 between each of those seasons.

2 Likes

If it were more it would promote hoarding for a different reason.

Here’s an idea. Stop this grind.

See, you guys had this nifty little system in Wrath of the Lich King where I earned badges from running heroic content over and over (why not mythics), which I could spend on anything I wanted to counteract RNG.

See, here’s your issue. You have RNG (hope an Azerite piece drops), on RNG (if you want to buy a random piece of a higher grade for cheaper, because you don’t want to RNG for your RNG more than RNG) - or a hair-tearing grind.

Suggestion:
Mythic Badges with mythic levels on them rewarded instead of random items on a run.

And a mythic vendor. Where you go and exchange these badges for mythic-level items of that quality. RNG is fixed, you have people playing for longer to get the things they want. Victory.

7 Likes

I think anyone who loses Titan Residuum should get a free Bruto mount.

Then can we please change the tokens to BoA until the patch comes out, so that we can send tokens to our alts?

And how much residuum will Azerite pieces give in season 4? Because what people will probably end up doing is buying tokens and then either selling them back to the vendor or destroying the pieces to residuum.

Would be better to allow us to help gear up our alts, given how unfriendly this expansion has been for alts (grinding ap and now having to grind rep, honor, conquest, etc for essences on alts has made me basically park my alts for the first time since vanilla), any little bit helps.

Kaivax, buddy. I think this is what the kids call, “Getting Ratio’d.”

1 Like

10 silver per residuum???

Up the Ante by 10 times and make it 1 gold per residuum Blizzard!
I spend 2~3k gold a day when I spam those Mythic+ dungeons!
10 silver! gotta be kidding! LOL

4 Likes