Titan Residuum in Season 4

Hello!

We’ve seen some discussion among players about saving Titan Residuum for Season 4, and we want to make sure that it is well known that this isn’t necessary. We feel like most players don’t see a meaningful benefit from saving Residuum for the next season, and for a few players, saving Residuum has become an unhappy obligation.

With the Visions of N’Zoth content update, the game will automatically convert your Titan Residuum into silver. At the start of Season 4, we’ll set the drop rates of Titan Residuum and the prices of the items that it buys to lower values.

And thereafter, Titan Residuum will work in Season 4 just like it did in Seasons 2 and 3.

Happy holidays!

6 Likes

Why silver? Why not just let us buy the stuff at the reduced rates? It’s not like it will be relevant gear.

14 Likes

Well it can’t be gold, they wouldn’t want to accidentally help someone get closer to buying a Brutosaur mount, would they? That would cut into their token profits!

47 Likes

There should be a tidal core, hydro core, expolsum, breathe of bwonsamdi, sanguicell vendor for all this junk I’ve been carrying please.

Do you know how it feels to have over 1000 of all those mats and nothing to use them for?

30 Likes

Sad, guess I’m not one of those most players.
Again, I think it’s a little unfair to make this decision and announcement near the end of the season. If I’ve known you cannot save residuums for the next season, then I would have just stopped doing mythic+ as soon as I’ve got all the gears I wanted.

3 Likes

Ok, so what, specifically will be the conversion rate? Is it 1 residuum to 1 silver?

1 Like

It has been this way for every season so far in BFA, it would be silly to think otherwise unless this is your first season playing the expansion. If it is I can understand though :blush:

reminds myself to go spend my reserves on whatever appearances I can afford before it goes away

1 Like

Currently on the ptr the conversion rate is 10 silver per residuum.

4 Likes

I certainly don’t play mythic+ often enough, but I don’t remember there is such a thing between season 2 and season 3, was there?

Thank you for the info but I don’t suppose you know if there are plans for making Expulsom useful for non-crafters?

:cookie:

6 Likes

I must be missing something here. Titan Residuum will be converted to silver, how can TR work the same in season 4 when it’s gone?

Or is this just a ploy to delete all of our earned and saved TR before season 4?

2 Likes

Or is this just a ploy to delete all of our earned and saved TR before season 4?

Yes.

Happy Holidays!

6 Likes

It’s not a ploy. Apparently since PTR has been out, you’ll notice an email as soon as you first login to a copied character indicating that your Residuum has been converted to silver.

The idea, for better or worse, is to keep people from getting “best” gear the day the patch goes live and have to grind/work for it. To some degree, it makes sense. But, it is literally the same problem, with a different name, they’ve had in every expansion where they introduced ‘badges’ as a means to get gear. It’s a different name on the same tab, but the idea is the same.

So create a hamster wheel grind. Once we’ve worked on the grind and build up a resource, they remove what we’ve earned. I’m still having a hard time with this. \o/

3 Likes

This.

If your bucketfull of residium was usable in the new season then you could instantly buy all the best gear on day one.

So everyone gets reset to zero and you all must earn your way up again.
Everyone starts (re-starts?) equally.

2 Likes

This is how it’s always been for converted currencies. I believe the reasoning is they don’t want people to feel the need to save up for some huge pay off when the season changes

1 Like

Stupid I’m srry to say . Instead of reducing the prices of gear which would be allot better idea. Not copy paste season 2-3. Reset is fine give everyone same chance . But again reduce the costs

3 Likes

Make everything cost so much residuum that the only people who can afford to target pieces of gear are the ones who already have that gear, then make it obsolete before the rest can catch up.
Thanks for the awesome mechanic, Blizz!

6 Likes

You can’t truly expect them to be banking on people spending over $400 for the mount.

2 Likes