Tired of night time... how to force daytime?

I was in Outlands the other day doing a mog run and I remember thinking how nice it was to see all the stars. Zones at night lack stars for the last several expansions. I wish the night time was even darker and only brighter around fire/light/magic etc

2 Likes

I’m in the exact situation. I’m always busy during the day and only play at night. I don’t want the game to always be nighttime. First time playing and kind of a deal breaker for me, not to be able to see the world. I can’t do timewalking dungeons to get badges yet.

Luckily I saw a post about “Stinky Bright Potion” that you can actually buy with coins.

Game changer. It’s the same effect as Sunwarmed Sand but something I can actually buy. Hope that helps others who can’t get timewalking badges.

1 Like

i like the day /nite cycle it feels immersive

I head to timeless isle when I want nonstop daytime.

1 Like

Perhaps they should make a 15 hour day and night cycle… That way a zone is dark for seven and a half hours and sunny for seven in a half hours. Maybe hour time zones should be added as well.

Also make night actually dark so that torches are needed for certain classes like warriors and rogues; while other classes such as mages have spells that follow you that create light so that you can see in the dark…

i would prefer eternal night personaly

If you want the opposite time of day in WoW, roll a toon on an Oceanic server, because they’re are all on Australian Eastern Standard Time, which is (currently, because the US is on DST and it’s Autumn in the Southern Hemisphere) 9 hours+ GMT, which means it’s mostly the opposite time of day(light) as most of the US.

• EDT = 13 hours behind
  • CDT = 15 hours behind
  • MDT = 16 hours behind
  • PDT = 17 hours behind
  • HST = 20 Hours behind

No it wasn’t. lol

Just needs to be shortened so those in the morning can experience the night as well. Based off real time is totally dumb.

1 Like

Day/Night cycle should be short, not-real time. Like… pretty much every other game out there.

Dark Age of Camelot, Zelda, you name it. Short day/night cycles make the game feel more dynamic.

1 Like

Why not just make the items that change day time or night time into easy to get toys? Give them a 4 hour duration with a 5 minute cooldown on use. Also make them persistent through death. This would be a simple solution for Blizzard since WoW does not have quest that require it to be day or night time.

1 Like

Edited 'cause this is from a while ago.

This was the type of thread that got night nerfed in the first place. The old night time was so much better to quest in. Torches lit up the area. Questing in places like duskwood were a blast at night and really added to the atmosphere.

Better yet, why not just make them accessibility options for people:

• permanent days
  • permanent nights
  • darker nights (inky black)
  • normal cycle
1 Like

Night wasn’t “nerfed.” The graphical changes just messed it up. It’s been put back in for some newer areas and expansions. And it’s been made a little darker in old zones again, but not inky black dark.

I personally would not consider that to be an accessibility need but that is neither here nor there. The reason why I did not go with the settings idea is just because I don’t know how easily that would be for them to code. If the coding is just as easy as making a toy why not put it in settings. If Blizzards code is a mess and it would cause more problems then just make it a toy.

I am willing to be more flexible about things if the outcome is pretty much the same. If Blizzard is does not want to code it into the settings but will give me the toys “Blessing of An’she or Gaze of Elune” I will take the toys. If my goal is to have day or night time when I want it then being inflexible about how I get only hurts me in the long run.

Inky Black Potion Makes the atmosphere DARK… I have a bunch so I just tried it out before I posted. It turns daylight into night. Not the other way around.

It would be a useless adventure for OP to get this potion~

They daytime one is sunwarmed sand but it is harder to get. Which I don’t understand why Blizzard did that.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s my theory. Since the toys already exist to make it day or night, I feel like an accessibility option shouldn’t be an issue. But I don’t code the game. :slight_smile:

Honestly, i think it was somewhere along the lines of when XR was implemented. They couldn’t get something right or another.