Tips for reaching 1800, Resto Shaman

I think I picked the worst time to try and get the set, but here I am. Hit a wall around 1400 which seems somewhat common. Any tips for a resto shaman or even just getting the elite set ASAP?

Buy a boost. @swole should be able to recommend a good one to go with

6 Likes

I can’t speak for resto shaman, but I thought elemental shaman was pretty easy to get to 1800+. Top things I would advise are:

– Prioritize keeping flame shock up on stuff, utilizing primordial wave to apply last flame shock before bursting.

– Rotate earth shock and lava burst procs, use frost shock as appropriate for kiting or after ice fury and before lava burst procs.

– Have focus macros for shear, hex, and lasso, as these will easily decide games well past 1800.

– Keep Earth shield up on yourself and one of your teammates.

– For pvp talents I mainly cycle through burrow, grounding, counterstrike, static, and skyfury depending on how much value I think I will get against the particular comp I’m facing.

– If you use the empowered elemental pets, bind at least the earth ele stun and the fire ele meteor (the stun can be huge, and a bit of extra damage never hurts)

Hope something in there is helpful, and good luck :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yee, I might try elemental this week. Resto and healer in general feel pretty up in the air when it comes to match ups. Timing out CCs with the DPS and hoping things just work out. Though this is all through solo shuffle.

Honestly, if I had friends in the PVP sphere of retail I’d try 3v3s or smth. Solo feels like a gamble. Either way thanks for the tips <3

1 Like

Looks like you’re stacking crit. I would recommend full mastery. You’ll do more healing on lower health targets

6 Likes

Learn to juke kicks, resto sham is the only healer that actually needs to cast to keep people alive.

2 Likes
  1. Stack mastery, it is much better than crit for you
  2. Make sure Riptide / HST are on CD always
  3. Double earthen is fairly big, commit totem reset to it
  4. Move your totems. /cast [@cursor] Totemic Projection
  5. Keep Earth Shield on your target, always.
  6. Try to land shears/cc when you can
5 Likes

Double grounding too depending on the comp

2 Likes

do you have party/arena targets keybound?

highly suggest so if you dont, actually makes the game 10x funner too when you’re more focused on the arena match and gameplay rather than where you’re clicking constantly

dosnt take long to get them into muscle memory either,

i dunno your keybinding philosophy, but generally something like mouse wheet up, mouse wheel down, and a mouse button for your party, shift modifiers on all of those for enemy targets as a healer.

you can flip flop those too if rolling dps

2 Likes

Please never speak about resto shaman again.

If you cast more a single healing surge in a 4 minute game you’re very bad at the spec.

3 Likes

Copy what the best rshamans talents and gear on the ladder. I find most of the time what holds people back is their stats/talents etc. Then make sure you keybind everything and make a habit to press every big cooldown you have every game, even if it’s not an efficient press. It’s better to press your buttons than to die, or let someone else die (in the case that you are a healer).

3 Likes

Oml, honestly think this has been the best advice, along with everything else everyone’s been saying here. I was very unsure about what to stack, but Mastery seems perfect.

1 Like

This is simply just “play more”

ill just carry u in 2s add me tomatosaucin#1858

1 Like

Yeah, not having the right stats can be the difference in hundreds of points.

He doesn’t want a carry. he wants to learn which is the correct way.

1 Like

Give a man a fish and he’ll eat for a day; teach a man how to fish and he’ll eat for a lifetime.

buy a fish from the market and take a picture near the lake so it looks like your catch and you can show your achievement off forever

** Hands Nanjala a $5 tip **

Retire the resto shaman and use the money wisely to boost a MW monk!

1 Like

Why are you always looking for conflict?