Tip for Horde for shorter AV ques

I have an idea for you guys. Since you stomp literally every match maybe you could consider this.

A big part of the reason your que is so long is because alliance are sick of entering into these 45 minute butt kickings that yield no rep or honor. So maybe, just maybe, if you want to encourage more Alliance to join; when the games are basically over, and you control all of DB, and 7 alliance are down south killing lts and towers, you just let them have that. Let them get a little something out of it. You would probably find really quickly that more alliance would start queuing and your waits would get shorter. It would not hurt you at all to let them have something.

14 Likes

OP that is certainly interesting that you would say that

You’re, 100% right. Let them get a little bonus honor and some rep instead of curb stomping them every game like Edward Norton in American History X.

The long queues are a result of the average player not wanting to join anymore

3 Likes

The problem is that it’s a cycle. Horde are more likely to camp Alliance because of longer queues. The queues are longer because the Alliance are getting camped.

6 Likes

:man_facepalming:

1 Like

The horde can win so many game faster than they do, but they won’t and I understand they want to maximize honor, but they wait until everything is capped and back cap everything.

It doesn’t help your queue time or encourage the average Alliance to queue.

I’m not saying don’t camp Alliance, I’m just saying when IBT is 45 seconds away from being destroyed while half your team is killing Van, maybe you just let the Alliance have it.

1 Like

I’ve had games we reset Van to secure IBT. I will drain every drop of honor, at any costs and without remorse.

9 Likes

For real you let Van live when you could have ended it to back cap IBT or stop them from killing lts?

how honorable of you…

Glad, I’m exalted and don’t have to deal with that. Oh well, just one less alliance to queue making your times longer.

3 Likes

Absolutely, an optimal game ends at 31 min with both mines and all towers ofc

is not possible the zugzug cant be stopped

The moments I cherish the most in an AV is as we wait the 30 mins mark, I get to take a stroll to the harpies cave, and see if I can locate some lowbies for honor snacks.

1 Like

While I applaud Horde for being relentless in carrying out their nuclear blastwave leave no organism alive strategies, you guys haven’t quite nailed down the efficiency thing. 30 min. is all you need. Anything past that is just adding to your time spent in queue, and by extension causing more Alliance to just throw hands up and not play more in the first place. It is a thing, and it’s happening right now. Alright, so you’re good, now be efficient.

1 Like

I really don’t think they would, because the second the number thing was broken on Tuesday the queues jumped to 1 hour which is what they are still at.

It’s interesting how horde are now stomping the floor in every AV except against the premades, and the premades are now 1/5 not 4/5. I’m sure allies will figure out how to do better.

1 Like

Enjoy your 3 hour queues.

5 Likes

we’re getting a lock on the have-fun-while-PVPing-thing though, so there’s that.

1 Like

we lose honor for every Horde tower not in our control when game ends so some Horde (like me) sacrifice getting honor at SP choke to recap bunkers and summon ice daddy.

2 Likes

Even the when we roflstomp the horde in premades we realize that we dont need to send back an organized discord using team of 15 to retake everything…

Makes no sense to do that because then the Horde gets no honor and no rep. You take your wins in 7-12 minutes, but you let them destroy some bunkers along the way and you always let them kill Balinda. Its stupid to retake everything and dry them out. We have instant queues, we know better than to risk that by ringing them dry and causing them to stop queuing.

Too late now though. Word is spreading faster and faster about premades being back so… They don’t get a choice now.

2 Likes